Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

I concur - all that food sounds soooo yummy - I live too far away from everything *huff* ;) xx

Don't worry, Dawn. He's all mouth & no trousers.

Aww diddums. What's up has Gillian been kicking your @rse again? Send the DVD up north when you're finished. I'll tame her:cool:

Pmsl! x

R u coming round tonite? We could talk about Steve, again...!

I suppose I should be honoured to be such a dominant force in your life, but I'm sure the others must think you stalkers;)

Save some of that nosh for me! - just a bit salad would be fine.

Morning! Did you find the sweet potato, spinach and lentil curry recipe on BBC good food website? If not, I will post a link xx

Hi Shrinki,

Just found the recipe, thankyou xx

Gosh, it looks really nice and pretty easy to do...and I've got all the ingredients too so thanks for pointing me in the right direction! xxx :D

Morning daughter.

That veg curry looks lush.

Any ideas for a giant squash ???

I am using some with mashed potato as a topping for a quorn mince cottage pie tonight.

Perhaps some can be curried pumpkin soup ?

Enjoy your cup of tea with my other daughter and one day I think mumsie needs to try and pop in for a cup. Mines a fruit tea or a Lipton's Vanilla and Caramel tea.

Thank you !!!!!

Ok Mumsie!!! I've put the kettle on!!! :D

Shrinki gave me a cooking website to look at and there are lots of yummy recipes on there. I found one for a pumpkin, cranberry and red onion tagine which looks really nice :) Might leave the cranberries out, or syn them...

Anyway, this is the link (there's a soup recipe too but it has cream in it! :eek:)...

Pumpkin, cranberry & red onion tagine recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Lots of love xxx

Aww diddums. What's up has Gillian been kicking your @rse again? Send the DVD up north when you're finished. I'll tame her:cool:

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha.......you'd last 2 minutes with Gillian!!! (twice as long as normal I suppose :rolleyes:)

I suppose I should be honoured to be such a dominant force in your life, but I'm sure the others must think you stalkers;)

Of course you should be honoured hunni...we're always saying how we simply couldn't cope without you...aren't we Sarah? ;)

Save some of that nosh for me! - just a bit salad would be fine.

Evening Steve :D

Glad you approve of the food! :)

Just hope it all turns out ok! :eek:

Evening guys x

Is it me or is it really cold??? I've put the heating on again, and I'm sitting here in my jeans and a jumper ;)

Suki got me up nice and early, again :rolleyes:, so I let her out and got her breakfast, made a cup of tea, and then took it back up to bed! Then we woke up again about 2 hours later lol!

Gwyn went off to do some maintenance work at the church so I got a few jobs done this morning, including getting Vickis birthday card!

Then I started on my shopping list for our Indian night! :eek: Starting to get quite exited about cooking it all now...hope you've got a good appetite Sarah!

Tonight I had my hair cut round Shirleys, and had my arm twisted into having a cheeky G&T and a chat! She's doing quite well atm considering all that she's been through. It's a relief that Edna is really settled into the nursing home and very happy there, and it's one thing she doesn't have to worry about now :)

Just watched Chopped...love that program...and I'm going up to bed to watch TBL Australia in a few minutes...

Work tomorrow :cry:

Todays Food green

28g bran flakes (part B)
125ml ss milk (half A)
banana

ryvita (rest of B)
butter (1)
21g cheese (rest of A)
onion
velvet crunch (4)
apple
yoghurt

veg curry
rice
raita
salad
sw roulade

G&T (3)

milky coffee (A)
hi fi bar (B)

Total Syns:- 8

Have a great day tomorrow guys! xxx

Cold here too Dawn. Obviously not as bad as UK but I've had to put my big thick fleece jacket on - and it's way too big!!! Yay.

Sorry your "weekend" has come to an end so just you be careful not to work too hard young lady.

Night. See you tomorrow

I'll do my best...just a shame the service seems determined to squeeze every last drop of energy out of us!
I'm in bed and my feet are freezing! Been trying to warm them up on Gwyn but its not working...might have to get the bed socks out in a min!

Keep warm hunni xx

Hi Hun, I'm glad you found the recipe. I hope you like it. I think it's delish :)

It's freezing here too. Apparently it's going to snow tomorrow. It was 4 degrees and sleeting today.

Hope you're warmer today x

Thanks ladies,

Well it hasn't got any warmer here :(

Didn't have the best start this morning as I couldn't find my work trousers. Finally found them in the washing basket where I'd dumped them last week and promptly forgotten about them :eek: So I had to wear my old bigger ones...and spent the day looking like a clown lol!

Work was dire, absolute crap...don't even want to think about tomorrow...:sigh: Even worse was that the lady who covers me when I'm off had a dreadful tragedy...her daughter went into labour at the weekend but the baby died before she could give birth. Such an unbelievably sad thing to happen.

And my friend Frances text me to say she won't be coming to wi tomorrow as her dad has had a massive stroke and isn't expected to survive the night. So not a particularly good day all round.

So it was nice to come home tonight and try to forget all about everything. Gwyn had been to a local Indian shop to get a few bits for our Indian night (hope your eye is better by then Sarah :fingerscrossed:) so it was fun gong through what he'd bought. And I'm settled watching Chopped again, but I'm getting cold again! Definitely putting the bed socks on tonight!

Todays Food EE

42g all bran (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

veg curry on a bed of spinach
apple
2 tangerines
banana
frozen yoghurt
sw roulade

chicken salad
new potatoes
carrots
salad cream (2)
banana & yoghurt (1)

milky coffee (rest of A)
sw roulade

Total syns:- 3 ooh...didn't realise I was so low on syns today...I'll save them for after wi tomorrow!

Have a good night xx

Good luck for wi tomorrow/today, hope work won't be too crazy for you xx

Oh Dawnie - sounds like you've had a pants day (no pun intened mind).
Big hug chica:bighug:
Hope tomorrow is better than today.

Now Uggs! I'd forgotten I bought some immitation ones last year - so thanks bexyboo for reminding me. I need to go and find them as my feet are currently like 2 great lumps of ice even in my sheepskin slippers.

Back