Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

That's ridiculous. People are worried enough without all this silliness as well :mad:

What a pain in the tush... Can't believe they have done that! I hope that she can at least have it in the morning and not have to come home and go back again xx

Ok...so I'm off to leicester in a minute to pick mum up. But not for long as she's booked in for 8am on Wednesday, so its going to be an early start...:(

Aww Poor Dawnie & Dawnie Snr.!;)

This life malarkey is no picnic is it? - PERHAPS NOW YOU'LL UNDERSTAND MY FANTASY WORLD;)

Through all of this though, I find it incredibly self-less of you to gain 4lb in order for me to close the gap without trying too hard;)

Seriously though, you don't need me to tell you not to worry about the scales and current weight (it's an unwritten law that scales add pounds when used outside of WI day).

What time are you up in the morning then? - daft o'clock I reckon:(

Oh Dawn that really is pants that they cancelled. I know it is hard but it's better for her to have a good fresh surgeon on Wednesday morning that a very tired one at the end of today.
:bighug: for you and one for your mum :bighug:

That's rubbish, wishing you all the best of luck for Wednesday, thankfully its in the morning so she can't get sent away again! X

Aww thanks everyone xxx

I got home about 10.30 after dropping mum off at the bungalow. Apparently one poor chap who was having the same op ended up having half a lung removed so it put everyone else back so there wasn't enough time to do mum.

So mums ringing tomorrow as we're not sure what time we have to get her there on Wednesday...two different nurses told us 7am and 8am!

I really didn't like the drive there at all. When I used to drive the ambulances I was much more confident and used to throw them all over the place and I used to love driving anywhere. But after I was ill, I lost so much confidence it was ridiculous! I didn't drive for 10 months as Gwyn took me anywhere I needed to go. So on my first day back to work it was a bit of a shock to have to drive after so long. So much so that I got in a bit of a fix when I simply couldn't face turning right at a junction so had to find a way of getting to the hospital by only going straight on or left lol! Anyway, I'm fine now but still get a bit anxious if I'm on my own and I don't know where I'm going. So I was quite pleased with myself tonight :)

Other news we could've done without is that Gwyn is being referred to the skin clinic with a view to removing a small growth on his cheek which looks pretty suspicious :( And he's on antibiotics for his chest :(

So now I'm in bed with a g&t! Very nice way to unwind and I can't help feeling its bloody well deserved!

I do appreciate all of your super posts guys btw...thanks for taking the time to show you're there xxx

I've had a pretty good day with my food today and I've decided not to stress over the scales (see...I do listen to you lol!) I had a lot of bulky food over the last few days so if I just stick to plan I should be ok for Thursday. And if I'm not...well it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, does it?

So I'll pop my food on and hope to maybe visit a few diaries, but I'm very tired, and I'm subscribed to about 35 diaries, so I'm really sorry if I don't get to see all of you tonight xxx have a good evening guys xxx

Todays food Red

28g ready brek (part B)
Tbsp golden syrup (2)
250ml ss milk (A)

Ryvita (rest of B)
Philly light (1)
Ham
Egg

Chicken salad
Bns chips
Salad
Salad cream (2)
Yoghurt (1)

G&t (3)

Total syns 9

I realise now I've written this down that I have only had 1A and 1B today, but as its nearly midnight I don't think I'll bother with them! Xx

Dawn - ignore everyone else's diaries and get some shut eye! It must have been a long and stressful day. Yay for the well deserved G&T.

Hope your mum is okay - and Gwyn too. Hope the little growth is nothing nasty. Hubby has one on the side of his face that they are just keeping an eye on for the time being.

:bighug: to you all

Hello Hun

So sorry about your mum being mucked around but glad she's on the list for the morning on Wednesday. It sounds like it will be an early start. Will you have to drive again or will Gwyn? Also sorry to hear about the tests that Gwyn has to have. It never rains but it pours eh? Big hugs xxxx

Oh Dawn,
What a shambles!
Your poor Mum:(
Hopefully she will be at the beginning of the list on Wednesday and get seen too x
Hope you enjoyed your gin, you certainly did deserve it x

Dear Dawn, this is my third attempt at an entry into your diary. Twice it has disappeared and I do not know if I can retrieve lost text. Both were sooooooooo long so perhaps it has saved you from being bored lol !!!!

Here goes again...........

Please, please forgive me for not being here during such a stressful time . You never fail to be there for all of us. I feel quite ashamed of myself, you deserve better from me.

I hope your mum hasn't suffered too much from the experience of her aborted op and stay in hospital. She has a wonderful daughter in you and I know she will be so well looked after by you post op.

Well done for overcoming the driving thing. I was the same after a horrendous accident driving a horse lorry so fully understand how hard it is to get back behind the wheel confidently.

As for the 4lbs...........forget them. You know when you have your SW head on that that is just a superficial weight gain and will disappear very quickly.

I understand 100% how you feel about dieting as opposed to maintaining. I find it almost impossible or I did when I reached target back in March. I have regained so much weight it is almost like starting again. The only way forward for me when I reach target again is to do SW all week and just have Saturday or Sunday as a treat day.

Fingers crossed for Gwyn that is nothing more than an innocent change in his skins make up . It happens as we get a little older. I have several and all have proved to be nothing of any significance.

Thank you so much for the magazine. It is so exciting for me. I now feel a real part of SW . Tomorrow we are having the Turkey pizza melts and are looking forward to trying so many of the other recipes.

lots of love Dawn and a big hug to your mum xxxxxxxxx

Hey Dawn,
Oh gosh what a sh1tty day for you. I really hope Gwyn is ok and the growth is nothing to worry about. Also hope your Mum is one of the first to go down tomorrow.
Well done on the driving. I crashed the car after about 3 weeks of passing my test so know how you feel about driving. I dont drive much so am not the most confident driver but my bf doesnt drive either so it forces me too a lot of the time, although bf would happily get public transport.
Hope today is a more chilled day and you have some time to yourself.
Well done for staying upbeat. You're amazing x

Oh Dawn how frustrating, it's never an easy time in hospital but to go in an out like this is so unfair. Hopefully all will be over an done tommorrow, fingers crossed for it x

:wavey: Dawn just popping in tonight to wish you and your lovely family all the luck in the world for tomorrow. Hope your Mum's op goes okay sweetheart and my thoughts will be with you. :bighug: if I don't come on here tomorrow life has got in the way so to speak but I will be thinking of you and sending your lovely Mum reiki. jackie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:hug99: :hug99: from me too for your mum tomorrow.

Maybe chat later - but you've got to be up at silly o'clock so try for an early night.

Hi hun, just wanted to pop in and say good luck for Mum tomorrow xx

I just saw your comment about visiting diaries (all 35 of them! :eek:) - don't you dare! We can all come on here for a bit of Dawn love! :lilkiss:

Take care xxx

Evening all x

Been a bit of a rubbish start to the day really! I woke up feeling quite rough...very nauseous and a really bad stomach upset. So I don't know whether it was the stresses of the day before or I'd picked up a bug, but as I could barely leave the bathroom all morning I put the time to good use and dyed my hair lol! One good thing was I checked the scales and I was almost back down to 10st again lol!
By 11 ish I was starting to feel a lot better so I got a few jobs done while Gwyn was at church. When he came back we had lunch and then had to get cleared up quickly as the gas man was coming to check the boiler. He was a lovely guy who totally fell in love with Suki lol! He has a jack russell just a couple of weeks younger than Suki so we swapped lots of stories :)

This afternoon Gwyn and I sat down to catch up on Young Apprentice and Masterchef Australia...both of which I'm addicted too!

And tonight I took Suki to puppy training class which was fun as usual. And chaos as usual lol!!! Tonight we tried to learn the 'stay' command...not an easy thing to do with 5 very excitable puppies!!!

I've just spoken to mum and we do have to have her at the hospital by 7am so it's going to be a 5am start for us :eek: At least we know the routine a bit more now, and we're more familiar with the ward etc. And we're really hoping that mum goes to theatres first so she's not kept waiting around all day again.

Todays food Red

No breakfast as felt too yukky!

ryvita crispbreads (B)
philly light (2)
ham
banana

bacon/mushroom/onion/cheese omelette (A)
tom sauce (2)
salad

G&T (3)

milky coffee (2nd A)
hi fi bar (2nd B)

Total syns:- 7

Take care everyone xxx

Back