Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Dawn,

Just to say goodbye. I'll be thinking of you. Hope it's a lovely send off with lots of happy memories of an amazing man.

See you in 2 weeks.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

gl12282 said:
Dawn,

Just to say goodbye. I'll be thinking of you. Hope it's a lovely send off with lots of happy memories of an amazing man.

See you in 2 weeks.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Gail xx Have a great holiday...goodness knows you deserve it xx
Lots of luv xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

TwinkleToes2day said:
Just checking in with a spare hug I found laying around, so thought I'd pass it on :hug99:

Hey Mo,
All hugs gratefully accepted hun, and that was a good un, thanku xx
Going to order flowers today :'(

Hi Dawn

Well done on writing a diary blog - sometimes it helps to write things down and get things out in the open. I think at the moment you ae well within your rights to tell the diet to 'sod off'! Hopefully you will find things a little easier once the funeral has taken place.

Sending you lots of love and hugs xxxxxx

Hey Mo,
All hugs gratefully accepted hun, and that was a good un, thanku xx
Going to order flowers today :'(

Oh, better take a spare one with you then :hug99: Better to have it and not need it ;) Take care hun, Mo xx

Now come on.
Let's put a stop to all of this messy hugging business.

I'm here to up the nastiness!
(Just to make up for having been accused of being "too nice", you understand).

Oi, Dawn. Back to work!

Now come on.

Oi, Dawn. Back to work!

Had to think of something that would draw you back here with your inimitable sense of humour :devilangel:

Had to think of something that would draw you back here with your inimitable sense of humour :devilangel:

I'm glad I'm inimitable!
I'd hate to be normal.
(And yes, I know there's no risk of that. But I just wanted to make it clear!)

I'm glad I'm inimitable!
I'd hate to be normal.

Glad you realise there's no 'normal' about someone with such a handsome avatar :rolleyes:

Now come on.

Oi, Dawn. Back to work!

Ooh Jim...you are SOOOOO masterful...:whip:

I'm glad I'm inimitable!
I'd hate to be normal.

Hmmm :thinking2: you?...normal?...:rotflmao: Think you're safe on that one hunni!!! :giggle:

That's me, you know, that avatar.

Stunning!!! :8855:

You knows I luvs ya really! :heartpump:

How was your day Dawn?
xx

How was your day Dawn?
xx

Today was quite a good day thanks xx

I made a load of NON sw cup cakes yesterday, and I spent this morning decorating them with butter cream / nutella / maltesers / white choc buttons / choc flakes and mini marshmallows! :eek: Then I took them into work along with a card to say thanks to all the crews who looked after Dad on his numerous trips to & from the hospital & hospice, & for all the support they've shown me throughout Dad's illness, and after.

Then I walked into town to the florists and ordered a floral 'DAD' from my brother and me, a cricket bat from my brothers children, and a football from mine. Dad was a great sportsman and played football and cricket to a high level, so we thought it would be nice for the grandchildren to incorporate that into their flowers.

Later on, Shirley came round with some newspaper clippings of Dads sporting successes and I've spent the evening scanning them as I would like to do some sort of 'memory board' at Dad's wake. Not sure exactly what I'm doing...just gonna go with the flow, but any tips would be very welcome.

Had my first real binge today since starting sw in Jan, so I'm a bit pi**ed off with myself now :sigh: Stuffed myself with crisps and chocolate, and toasted white bread :rolleyes: How come I start the day ok, but gradually get worse as it goes on? :confused:

Hope you're ok?

Lots of love xx

Hi Dawn,

I'm in Florida now but we have an internet connection - Yay !!!! (how sad am I being here, but I couldn't help it :p)

Binges happen - you know that I don't do that very often either but I have the occasional moment. Flippin heck - you have so much going on at the moment that it's hardly surprising. However, it is a blip. Remind yourself that you don't do this often but that you are 'normal' (well - ish ;)) and even 'normal' people do that sometimes (I am giving you the advice that was given to me recently when I did the same as you and felt the same as you). It doesn't mean that you aren't doing well and it doesn't mean that you are going to stop losing. It is just a blip. So, don't let it get to you. Don't do anything different and just carry on. I would suggest that you don't try and compensate your syns, just draw a line and move on.

I am still thinking of you (but will have a good time on hols too so don't worry !)

Gail xx

Ooh you silly sod! What on earth are you doin posting on here when you're in flipping FLORIDA! You are naughty...but its lovely to hear from you hunni xx And thanks for the advice, I will try again tomorrow. How annoying to make over 30 cakes, not be tempted to eat a single one of them, only to pig out on other rubbish later on! But I'm not gonna dwell on it. Like you say, tomorrows another day, and I know I can do it xx
Now young lady, I want u to stop worrying about me, chill out, and HAVE SOME FUN!
Lots n lots of luv xx

Hi Dawn :wavey:

Glad to hear your day was quite good hunni ;) and I bet the flowers will be amazing :)

As for your being p'd off at yourself, I can only echo what Gail has already said, so give yourself a break hun, after all you're not Superwoman you know!
Oops, hope there aren't any small animals or children around - that's like telling them there's no S-A-N-T-A :eek: Unthinkable! ;) :giggle:

I am fine, except been STS for the 3rd week running :mad: I know it's better than a gain but ugh!! Pretty sure it's hormonal because I have been really really good, always count my syns and never more than 12 at the most, but often below 10. My friend calls me the syn queen :rolleyes: Ach well, keep going :)

LO very trying at the moment (well for a few weeks actually :sigh:) Discipline seems to make him worse not kerb the unwanted behaviour :confused: Will persevere until next Monday tho' when there's a review meeting with all the areas involved with us.

Well, it's time already to go over to nursery - don't collect him until half past but am joining in the fund raising committee meeting this morning - first one I've remembered about :rolleyes: so you take care and I hope you have a good day hun :D

Mo xx

Hey Dawn

Your binge sounds delightful, just the sort of things I would eat on a good binge... Especially the toast, I miss white toast with loads of butter... OMG I am drooling. wholemeal bread just doesn't cutit in the same way... booo!!

The flowers sound lovely too, as does the memory board idea. I know funerals are horrible, but I always think you get to learn lots that you may not have already known, when everyone is sharing their memories.

Hope you are ok lovely xxx

Can only agree with what others have said. You're doing super well. Tomorrow is a new day and I know you can get right back on it. I know what Mave means about the White bread! Ahhh! Especially the crust!!!!
It's funny as you say how you weren't bothered about the cakes then had stuff later, it's funny how we work isn't it?!
Hope you're ok lovely! Xxxx

Today was quite a good day thanks xx

I made a load of NON sw cup cakes yesterday, and I spent this morning decorating them with butter cream / nutella / maltesers / white choc buttons / choc flakes and mini marshmallows! :eek: Then I took them into work along with a card to say thanks to all the crews who looked after Dad on his numerous trips to & from the hospital & hospice, & for all the support they've shown me throughout Dad's illness, and after.

Then I walked into town to the florists and ordered a floral 'DAD' from my brother and me, a cricket bat from my brothers children, and a football from mine. Dad was a great sportsman and played football and cricket to a high level, so we thought it would be nice for the grandchildren to incorporate that into their flowers.

Later on, Shirley came round with some newspaper clippings of Dads sporting successes and I've spent the evening scanning them as I would like to do some sort of 'memory board' at Dad's wake. Not sure exactly what I'm doing...just gonna go with the flow, but any tips would be very welcome.

Had my first real binge today since starting sw in Jan, so I'm a bit pi**ed off with myself now :sigh: Stuffed myself with crisps and chocolate, and toasted white bread :rolleyes: How come I start the day ok, but gradually get worse as it goes on? :confused:

Hope you're ok?

Lots of love xx

Bestie, bestie, bestie. Do not be pi**ed off, if it helps then so be it in the great scheme of things its no biggie, you'll get back in the swing of things.
The flowers sound lovely and the clippings idea is fab, what a beautiful idea.
Keep your chin up x x

Back