Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

May I say that I like men...I like any men whether they are Morris men or men called Morris...or any man will do!?! ...:D

Hey !!!! I was first. If he is called Morris he is mine.......oops, no I have Paul. O.K. you can have Morris.

Right my two DD's. Calmed down now?? You can take your tongues out of your cheeks now and get back to being my girls.

lyl mumsies xxxxxx

pjallen1982 said:
I've kind of lost the plot with Morris men so think I'll stay away from that!!

Anyway well done you on enjoying yourself food and drink wise. Sure it won't be that bad at WI time. Wouldn't be surprised if i was somewhere near that level but I only have wii scales at the moment which are dodgy at the best of times so at the moment ignorance is bliss :)

Any plans for tomorrow? Hitting the sales at all to get skinny clothes? I want to get a new coat but prob go on thurs when bf goes back to work.

Hope Gwyn is recovering well. How's you mum doing? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Penny,

I think I may have 'enjoyed' Christmas a little too much lol!

My jeans only just do up and my belly wud give Buddha a run for his money!

So...I think its probably best I don't go looking for skinny clothes in the sales cos skinny I ain't lol!

We haven't got plans for tomorrow so we'll just see what takes our fancy.

Andrew, Vicki and Matt are going to Newcastle tomorrow for a few days to celebrate Andrews 25th birthday.

So better watch out Steve...they may come knocking on your door to find out where the best night clubs are!

Gwyn is continuing to do really well. The wounds appear to be healing well and he's not in any pain now. I think he's looking forward to having the stitches out on Friday.

And mum is well too. We have an appointment on Thursday to see the chest surgeon.

Thanks for asking Penny x Hope things are ok with you xxx

So, that's it for another year.

Soon goes doesn't it?

We had a very lazy day today. Just tidied the bedroom, did a bit of housework, then watched tv and recovered from yesterdays excitement!

It's been a strange Christmas really. Yesterday was difficult. After dinner we put all the presents in a pile on the lounge floor and began to open them. But I kept looking around and counting everyone in my head because I felt we hadn't got everyone there, and that maybe they were upstairs or something...

And of course we didn't have every one there, because Dad was missing, and Shirley of course.

So whereas normally the lounge would be packed and the kids would have to sit on the floor...we actually had room to spare. Which was pretty sad.

And I thought I was the only one to feel like that, but I was wrong. As Andrew was going up to bed he turned and said "Thanks for the presents mum. It wasn't the same was it?" . And when I asked what wasn't the same, he replied "something was missing", and I knew he'd felt exactly how I did.

Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely day and we had lots of laughs...but it WASN'T the same.

As I said to lovely Penny earlier, we don't have any plans for tomorrow so possibly a day to catch up on a few jobs...or not lol!

I'm also toying with the idea of getting back on plan tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I have the will power with so much food and drink still to be consumed!

I had a good talk about it with gorgeous Gail tonight, who always talks a lot of sense, and I think I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Hope to see you tomorrow x

Morning D.D. !!!!

I understand exactly what you are saying. For us it didn't really feel like Christmas at all just a very pleasant day.

We too chilled yesterday and watched 2 daft films, I loved them they were so silly. One was Beverly Hills Chihuahua and the other Garfield A Tale of Two Kitties, not exactly highbrow .They were unbelievably stupid and took no effort at all. For some reason the BBC decided to grace us with its somewhat dubious signal for a few hours. I also loved Strictly's Christmas special but lost the signal towards the end. Never mind what we got was a real bonus.

Paul and I are both going back onto SW tomorrow, I have all those wonderful books to cook my way through now, thanks to you. I am just about to make my SW shopping list and it is off to the shops to do the witches shopping as well as ours.

Enjoy your day Dawnie. I am so pleased that both your mum and Gwyn are doing so well............may 2012 bring you nothing but joy and happiness.

fillymum said:
Morning D.D. !!!!

I understand exactly what you are saying. For us it didn't really feel like Christmas at all just a very pleasant day.

We too chilled yesterday and watched 2 daft films, I loved them they were so silly. One was Beverly Hills Chihuahua and the other Garfield A Tale of Two Kitties, not exactly highbrow .They were unbelievably stupid and took no effort at all. For some reason the BBC decided to grace us with its somewhat dubious signal for a few hours. I also loved Strictly's Christmas special but lost the signal towards the end. Never mind what we got was a real bonus.

Paul and I are both going back onto SW tomorrow, I have all those wonderful books to cook my way through now, thanks to you. I am just about to make my SW shopping list and it is off to the shops to do the witches shopping as well as ours.

Enjoy your day Dawnie. I am so pleased that both your mum and Gwyn are doing so well............may 2012 bring you nothing but joy and happiness.

Lol!

We watched those silly films too mumsie! I love all the kiddy films...they're normally the best ones on tv!

You and Daddy Paul are sounding very motivated now...its lovely to read x I'm trying to be on plan today, but its so hard when theres so much leftover cheese, biscuits, cake, nuts and sweets...My will power is struggling I can tell u!

Anyway, think I cud manage a little power nap now so maybe see u later. X

Lots of love ...

Ooh power nap :) like the sound of that.

I agree kids movies are the best. Shrek is on later which I may watch.

I wouldn't too worry about being on plan honey. Hopefully you can get most the nice food eaten in the next few days then it will be easier to stay vaguely on plan. I know I couldn't at the moment, far too much temptation and also food that needs using up. I can't be bothered cooking other meals when there are still left overs in the fridge.

Are you off all this week? Hope you're having a nice day xxx

JimofTroy said:
Not a chance.
She's got me in her life now!

Wouldn't want it any other way sis! X

pjallen1982 said:
Ooh power nap :) like the sound of that.

I agree kids movies are the best. Shrek is on later which I may watch.

I wouldn't too worry about being on plan honey. Hopefully you can get most the nice food eaten in the next few days then it will be easier to stay vaguely on plan. I know I couldn't at the moment, far too much temptation and also food that needs using up. I can't be bothered cooking other meals when there are still left overs in the fridge.

Are you off all this week? Hope you're having a nice day xxx

It's proving very difficult Penny to be honest! I've got so used to just grabbing a handful of nuts (no euphemism Steve! ;)) or sweets as I walk past them...its so hard to stop myself!

But I'm up by 9lbs which is 2lbs more than my self imposed limit of a half stone gain...so I have to try to rein it in before wi on Thursday! If I can get it back down to a 7lb gain I'll be thrilled!

Fun but naughty plans for this week include....

Wednesday...out for a meal with gwyns children

Thursday...out for a meal with my old school friend Frances

Friday...meal out with Sarah

Can't wait lol!

I'm back to work on Thursday so not too bad at all. And its only for 2 days and then its 3 days off again :)

Oops...just succumbed to a bite of Christmas cake!

skinnydawn said:
It's proving very difficult Penny to be honest! I've got so used to just grabbing a handful of nuts (no euphemism Steve! ;)) or sweets as I walk past them...its so hard to stop myself!

But I'm up by 9lbs which is 2lbs more than my self imposed limit of a half stone gain...so I have to try to rein it in before wi on Thursday! If I can get it back down to a 7lb gain I'll be thrilled!

Fun but naughty plans for this week include....

Wednesday...out for a meal with gwyns children

Thursday...out for a meal with my old school friend Frances

Friday...meal out with Sarah

Can't wait lol!

I'm back to work on Thursday so not too bad at all. And its only for 2 days and then its 3 days off again :)

Oops...just succumbed to a bite of Christmas cake!

I know what you mean. I have just had a mince pie and piece of choc orange. I had a banana this morning but seriously lacking fruit and yogurts in my diet. I just want to get all the naught food eaten quickly. I have got boxes of chocolates and selection boxes but I think I will try have those within my Syns when I'm back on plan. I am going to miss weigh in again tomorrow because it is mums birthday so when I weigh on the 4th I mean business, especially because we get new books. New start to lose over a stone in my case.

Sounds like you have a lovely week of meals out and like you say least you are only in work for two days.

Feeling sleepy here. Maybe I need the power nap myself too!!

Dawnie
Because you're my friend, and I love you...

Sarah
Good! So you should. I'm lovely.
Not NICE. But lovely.
Now I'm really sorry to take the Lord's name in vain here Sarah - but Good God! You've admitted you're lovely !!!!!! Yay

Hope your day is going well Dawnie - put those nuts down now chica!

Pommette said:
Agreed !!!!! You're a really horrid person, I can tell! :D

JimofTroy said:
Yup. Glad you've realised.
I'm sure Dawn would tell you how horrible I am.

How long have you got Bev...? ;)

Actually...

I'm not entirely sure...

But I suspect a teeny tiny itsy bitsy incey wincey bit of it may indeed be ...

Put on!

Actually...

I'm not entirely sure...

Put on!

How very dare you!!!

Not a chance.
She's got me in her life now!

You are both so lucky, so am I for that matter.

Go on Sarah a big YUK!! is called for here.

Yup. Glad you've realised.
I'm sure Dawn would tell you how horrible I am.

She has told me how horribly NICE you are lol !!!!

Actually...

I'm not entirely sure...

Put on!

I suspect it is all put on and nothing more than insurance, a protection plan, a bit like a tortoise shell............not working Sarah my DD I would change your insurance company if I was you.

How very dare you!!!

Oh she dare and so do I. Sorry to have to tell you but I think you are very NICE.

*Right off to hide somewhere fast* I am scared, very scared !!!!

Back