Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

... so that's a really BIG challenge, isn't it?
Doing something you've never done before.

Much more of a challenge than keeping losing...

You know you're going to have to at some point.

I know sis...

But I can't remember a time when I was this small...certainly 30 years ago...and I'm fascinated by it all, and just how far I might be able to go :rolleyes:

I can't help it. And I'm really not liking the thought of trying to maintain :(

That is so true DD number one. It has so much more merit to be able to maintain and our Dawnie, your little sis can do it. She just needs the right kind of support. Which you give her at all times.

I know sis...

But I can't remember a time when I was this small...certainly 30 years ago...and I'm fascinated by it all, and just how far I might be able to go :rolleyes:

I can't help it. And I'm really not liking the thought of trying to maintain :(

Please try baby girl. Mumsie does worry a little though deep down she knows what a clever and sensible girl you are. You look fabulous and no one can be accused of being negative for saying you look fantastic because you do and 9stones 7 pounds at your height and age are just bloomin fabulous and something to be really proud of.
You like the challenge of losing.
But this challenge is even bigger.

Listen to your big sis. She is right...........you can do it. Look at Lynne, Ginlin, she is maintaining and has her moments of self indulgence but has managed to maintain.

Hmmmmmm...

Maybe......

Not Maybe my lovely girl. You be so careful. I will say it again you look amazing and have been so inspirational to so many people on here and I am sure in real life and o.k. so I am just a fat, old lady but I assure you there are no sour grapes from me just love and admiration for what you have done but please try to ensure that you know when enough is enough. I only have your best interest at heart.

Do not be cross with me.

This long and protracted entry in your diary is only because I think such a lot of you and I think it is time to call a halt whilst you look so lovely and youthful and just maintain.

I am sure there are those who will disagree with me.........but I promise it is all said with kindness and love and concern...............DD, my lovely gorgeous DD you are fantastic, you look fantastic, you can stay fantastic.

enormous hugs, even though I am just a little bit scared that I have said too much,

mumsie.xxxxxxxx

You've said it, Mumsie.
Do you think she'll listen to you any more than she does to me?

Dawn will never admit it, but is driven to always be 1st lighter than me;)

Something to do with blokes being heavier than women I reckon.:p

First time for everything Dawnie, get your next 2lb (well done on the other 2 btw :D) and then maintain, learn to maintain, play at maintaining. YOU CAN DO IT! and you WILL DO IT! because this time you have all of us to help you... I want there to be something left of you to meet :8855: xxxxxxxxxx

Please try baby girl. Mumsie does worry a little though deep down she knows what a clever and sensible girl you are. You look fabulous and no one can be accused of being negative for saying you look fantastic because you do and 9stones 7 pounds at your height and age are just bloomin fabulous and something to be really proud of.

Listen to your big sis. She is right...........you can do it. Look at Lynne, Ginlin, she is maintaining and has her moments of self indulgence but has managed to maintain.

Not Maybe my lovely girl. You be so careful. I will say it again you look amazing and have been so inspirational to so many people on here and I am sure in real life and o.k. so I am just a fat, old lady but I assure you there are no sour grapes from me just love and admiration for what you have done but please try to ensure that you know when enough is enough. I only have your best interest at heart.

Do not be cross with me.

This long and protracted entry in your diary is only because I think such a lot of you and I think it is time to call a halt whilst you look so lovely and youthful and just maintain.

I am sure there are those who will disagree with me.........but I promise it is all said with kindness and love and concern...............DD, my lovely gorgeous DD you are fantastic, you look fantastic, you can stay fantastic.

enormous hugs, even though I am just a little bit scared that I have said too much,

mumsie.xxxxxxxx

Mumsie I could never be cross with you!!!! :sign0168: Thank you for such a lovely post :flowers::flowers::flowers:
I know you're thinking of me...so why on earth would I be cross! :bighug:

I totally understand what you're saying Mumsie and I'm taking it all in honestly x. And I haven't even got to my new target yet, and it could take me a month to reach it! It took a while to drop from 10st 7 to 10st so I'm really not expecting it to fall off me.

I know I have to learn to maintain at some point. And I know I don't want to lol! But I will have a go at it, soon, I promise xxx

Please please don't worry Mumsie and :thankyou: for caring so much :hug99:

You've said it, Mumsie.
Do you think she'll listen to you any more than she does to me?

I always listen to you sis! You know I do!!!

I know the answer Dawnie, you lose more weight but some how give me the loss and not you. You get the joy of losing but I get the actual inch loss. Win win situation!!

:) :) :)

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Brilliant Penny!!! :happy096:

Absolutely brilliant!!! :8855:

Dawn will never admit it, but is driven to always be 1st lighter than me;)

Something to do with blokes being heavier than women I reckon.:p

How did you know that Steve??? :confused:

So you just need to put a stone back on! Problem solved! ;)

First time for everything Dawnie, get your next 2lb (well done on the other 2 btw :D) and then maintain, learn to maintain, play at maintaining. YOU CAN DO IT! and you WILL DO IT! because this time you have all of us to help you... I want there to be something left of you to meet :8855: xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Jackie xxx

If I'm ever to succeed with maintaining, I know it will only be down to the support of you Jackie, and all my other friends on here x

I'd never have got this far without you guys! You've made all the difference :thankyou:

***********************​

It's been a mixed bag today :confused:

I got a lovely text from Barry with an email address that Andrew should sent his CV to for the Carlsberg job :D

And then I got a text from my other best friend Frances who I went to wi with last night, saying that her Dad had died this morning :cry: We were talking about him last night, and I was telling her of my experiences when my Dad was ill. We go back 34 years and were practically bought up in each others houses, so we both knew the others parents very well. It's hard to believe we've both lost our Dads now :(

Anyway, I went out for a nice walk with Gwyn and Suki which blew some cobwebs away and was really good fun. Suki hasn't been out recently as she's been in season so she was pretty excited when we set off :chores016: She was tearing all over the place, zig zagging here and there and just completely full of life! It was lovely, and a bit of a surprise as she's normally not too bothered about going walkies :)

Then this afternoon I made a very tasty sw cannelloni w
which everyone devoured in seconds lol!

Watching the last episode of Hustle atm...love this program! Shame it's the last one :(

Todays Food Green Day

ready brek (part B)
milk (1/2 A)
banana

2 x 'fried' eggs
mushy peas
tinned toms
satsuma

sw cannelloni (A + 3)
salad
salad cream (3)
beetroot
strawberries & yoghurt (1)

milky coffee (1/2 A)
fibre plus bar (B)

Total syns - 7

Sorry to hear about Frances's Dad :cry: :bighug:xxxxx

Fingers crossed the job works out for Andrew :) Suki bless her :giggle:

and I have every confidence that you will maintain, just look at the support you have, and when Sarah gets to target you can maintain together ;) and the way shes going it won't be long :D x

Morning chica - sending my hugs via you to Frances.

If you need advice on maintaining chica then ask away! I've been trying to lose these last 3 lbs since the end of November and am happily maintaining - just sticking within the maintenance band of my interim target but can I get actually to it! No - been within ¾ lb but . . . Hey ho!

Mumsie is right.
You look totally fabulous - and I've seen you in the flesh (so to speak :eek:).

I know we've had the discussion before but I still think that we all struggle seeing the "new me" in the mirror. We still see the fat person that we started as.

It takes a long time for the brain to catch up so give it a go hun. You CAN maintain hun, you just need to give it a go.

Like mumsie said, please don't be cross with me as I just want you to be happy and enjoy life as the new fabulous slim chica you have become!

Aww Dawn I'm so sorry to hear about Frances' dad. How awful is that for the orb of you, but I know you'll provide valuable support to her.

As for this maintaining malarkey you know what you need to do. It will be a challenge in itself and of you do lose, well you just need to talk to the weight loss gods and get the weight transferred to me. Simples!

Hope you have a lovely weekend xxx

Thank you Jackie, Bev and Penny xxx

I've told Frances that I'll be in touch in a day or two, give her time to herself to get her head around things, but that I'll always be here for her, day or night. I do feel pretty helpless and I realise this must be how she felt with me last year. But as with my Dad, the end was peaceful and a release for everyone. And Frances and her mum were with him when he passed away at home.

Thanks for the offer of support with maintaining x I've not really made any plans past losing the next two pounds tbh. I'll probably just see how it goes, like I did last time, but I realise I don't really NEED to lose much more weigh now.

Well I suppose I should get up now! There's housework to be done, again, and I could do with going to the bank.

And we're going to watch saints play this afternoon which I'm really looking forward to as its been a few weeks x

Ok, time to get moving. Have s great day all xxx

Evening guys xxx

Hmmmm...well that's the last time I make a chickpea cake! :rolleyes:

Can't remember the last time I ate a WHOLE cake! :sign0007: But it was so nice...and I had been good all day...and it was only half a syn...even if it was technically food abuse...

Anyway, it's all gone now so not a problem any more! :D

The Saints match yesterday was ok but nothing special. We did win, but tbh it was a pretty boring game, but lovely Tiny played well of course! :heartpump:

Today Shirley popped round for coffee which was really nice as we hadn't seen her for a while. Unfortunately she's now under the doctor for depression, which isn't really surprising. In less than a year she's lost her husband and 2 brothers in law, had her mum diagnosed with dementia and put in a home, and broken her ankle. It feels like it's never ending for her and that she's had to be strong for such a long time when she actually feels very fragile and vulnerable. So we had a good talk about things and we're going to try and take her out a bit more and spend more time with her, just to get her out of the house and hopefully taking her mind off things. I don't know what else to do tbh.

Then I had to go and see my Uncle Steve as he rang yesterday asking if I'd be an executer of his will, and I wanted to talk to him about it. He's a lovely gentle guy who never got married or even left home, preferring to live with his mum. He's a bit of a recluse and doesn't phone or visit people, so it was quite a big thing to get a call from him. Since Nan died and he's been on his own, we've seen less and less of him, but it's the way he likes things. Anyway, we sorted a few things out and had a few laughs and tears as we remembered Nan and Auntie Jose.

And then I called in to see Sarah (she only lives 4 doors away) to congratulate her on her brilliant weight loss this week and to scrounge a coffee! And we've arranged to meet up at some point tomorrowe for another coffee and chinwag.

Todays Food green day

2 x wm toast (B)
philly light (1/2 A)

2 x ryvita (2)
philly & salmon (1/2 A)
velvet crunch (4)
pickles
chopped banana/pineapple/melon/grapes & yoghurt (1)

3 x ryvita (B)
cheese (A)

A whole chickpea cake! :eek: (1/2)
milky coffee (6)

Total syns - 13 1/2

Attachments

• saints2.jpg
    saints2.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Evening Dawn, hope you have a good Monday :) sounds like you are ready for relaxation after that busy weekend! You booked in for the next loads of flowers yet?xx

Morning!

Ooh chickpea cake, what is this? I'm intrigued.

I feel for Shirley I really do. She has had a horrific year really but you're doing the right things. Does she like doing any sport? Walking the dog or swimming? Something which she enjoys but can release some happy endorphins. Does she have any local coffee morning groups? Could she volunteer to do coffee and make friends that way. Then she'll feel she has more of a purpose in life. As you know I have witnessed my Mum slip down the slope of depression over the years and it's tough, real tough. But if it can be treated in the early stages then that's obviously half the battle won. Its good that she will talk to you because talking is important therapy in itself.

Sending big hugs to you both. I hope life picks up for Shirley and obviously yourself.

Well my 3G isn't great on the motorway so will try post this before I lose it all.

Have a lovely day x

Oooooh.

Well, I'm not one to tell tales out of school...

But look what Depraved Dawnie has done now:

Attachments

• image-79963512.jpg
    image-79963512.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Back