Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

dabhand said:
Well.... I do keep having a look at the 'change one letter' game but very rarely get out of the diary section, I read back on yours and a couple of other's diaries as they give me inspiration and help me to understand the principles of SW. I might sound a tad Sycophantic but I means it I do, I really means it I tell ya...

If I could look like you by this time next year I would be very happy........ :flirt2:

Aww thanks Dawnie x

Not sure you'd actually want to really look like me but I know what you mean! Other peoples diaries kept me going through the whole of last year and continue to do so now. I think the thing to remember is that we're all ordinary people, excluding Sarah of course, and that if one of us can do it...we all can x

When are you hoping to join a group Dawn...assuming u want to of course? I have a lot of admiration for those who have enough will power to do it without going to a class...I could never do it. Even during the brief periods recently where I've been maintaining I still go every week. Think it's my safety net, and I need the discipline that goes with attending each week.

I know you've got far more important worries, and quite rightly Andy is foremost in your mind, but you have to think of you too. And if you're healthier and feeling mentally stronger, it can only be good for him too xxx

Lots of love x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya Dawn

The tattoo looks fab - I got mine done nearly two years ago, but haven't been brave enough to go back for anything else yet... I'd really love a tattoo to celebrate my big birthday this year, but not sure what I would get... Might get my thinking cap on ;)

Families are a struggle aren't there. It must be difficult for Shirley, but I agree having the kids help out a bit more, just visiting etc will make a big difference. I feel bad that I lived so far away when all my grandparents were aging. They are all gone now, sadly, and I do wish I'd more of an effort.

Enjoy your week off, sounds like you may have a fully tattooed back by the end of it!! xxx

skinnydawn said:
Crumbs penny x

Families aren't easy are they? Xx

You do so brilliantly to keep things together, specially at such a young age.

I know yr bf is very involved and supports you all
Incredibly well. He's a real keeper hun xx

Well families do bring their trials and tribulations but I wouldn't change them. We have been through a lot but it's made me closer to my immediate family. I would do anything for them. When My mum was told she was going to need chemo, I assumed she would lose her hair and I decided I would have mine shaved off too to be the same as mum. I would hate that, I love my hair, but I knew it would make mum feel less like shes poorly. Thankfully the chemo she is on hasn't affected her hair.
My bf is an absolute star, he is my rock and I wouldn't have coped without him. He says he is the lucky one for going out with me, but I'm definitely the lucky star here. I can't wait to have a family of our own together :)
Gosh that was all a bit mushy from me!! Ha ha

What you been up to today? X

Uh oh. Bllleeeeeuuuuuggghh alert, again.
Better head back to my own fred, where it's just silly. None of this lovey-dovey NICEness!

When are you hoping to join a group Dawn...assuming u want to of course? I have a lot of admiration for those who have enough will power to do it without going to a class..

I'm hoping to join in the next few weeks, depending on how Andy is. I plan to go to Louth which is about 15 miles away. They have the meetings at the Leisure centre so I will go swimming first thing and then go to group about 9.30ish. I am going to sign up for the 12 weeks to start with and then weekly after that.

I can't really do it alone as I don't know the plans well enough and I think I need the discipline of a group :(

When are you hoping to join a group Dawn...assuming u want to of course? I have a lot of admiration for those who have enough will power to do it without going to a class..

I'm hoping to join in the next few weeks, depending on how Andy is. I plan to go to Louth which is about 15 miles away. They have the meetings at the Leisure centre so I will go swimming first thing and then go to group about 9.30ish. I am going to sign up for the 12 weeks to start with and then weekly after that.

I can't really do it alone as I don't know the plans well enough and I think I need the discipline of a group :(

by Dawnie you have us to discipline you :D :giggle:

evening Dinkie Dawn, hope you've had a good day :wavey: hope your back is less sore today as we can't have your wandering round Northants braless :eek: :8855:

Helloooo everyone!

I finally got my nails done today! And they look really lovely! I'll put a pic on in a minute. Then I called in to Asda with the quite genuine intention of buying Petro, the boy we sponsor in Tanzania, some birthday pressies...and came out with a pair of tights, 3 jumpers and a dress! :whistle: Whoops!

So that meant a trip to one of the retail parks this afternoon to buy some clothes for Petro, and then we nipped into Next and I bought yet more tights with a voucher I was given for Christmas :D

I made a very tasty soup tonight out of a couple of vegetable stew packs and a few spices and I was intending to freeze what's left. But then Dan came in and had 2 bowlfuls declaring it to be so nice he was going to take some to work with him tomorrow, and Gwyn said he fancied it for lunch too! So doesn't look like I'm going to be freezing much of it!

Gwyn's making us all pancakes a bit later on so I'm rather looking forward to that :drool:

Ooh!!!!! Vicki has just come back from St John and said she's achieved her Grand Prior Award...

"After the Membership award, Cadets begin work on the highest award a Cadet can achieve, the Grand Prior Award Scheme, named after the Grand Prior of The Order of St John, the Duke of Gloucester. This award scheme involves Cadets completing 24 subjects at different levels. Eight subjects must be completed for each of the bronze and silver levels, and four subjects for the gold and Grand Prior levels.[1] Cadets can continue to work on this award up to their 21st birthday, and the Grand Prior Award badge is one of the only Cadet badges that can be worn on adult uniform."

Well done Vicki!!! :winner:

Attachments

• tattoo day 2.jpg
    tattoo day 2.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 49
  • new nails 2.jpg
    new nails 2.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 41
There you are!
You've been AWOL all day.

Glad to see the tattoo is looking a lot less red & sore.

And brilliantly well done to Vicki.

Brilliant! That's just what the groups are for Dawnie x It'll be so much easier for you when you've got all the info and you know exactly what you're doing x

evening Dinkie Dawn, hope you've had a good day :wavey: hope your back is less sore today as we can't have your wandering round Northants braless :eek: :8855:

It's fine today thanks Jackie :D It's amazing the difference a day makes. Obviously it's a bit tender and bruised but I think by tomorrow I'll be back in a bra lol!!! :banana dancer:

We've been keeping the site going today, between the three of us - haven't we Dabster & Jackster?

We've been keeping the site going today, between the three of us - haven't we Dabster & Jackster?

Ok! Ok!

I get the message!!! :rolleyes:

I've not been on here much today!

But I have got nice nails, new clothes and some soup!!! ;)

Well, that's good.
Don't mind about us, then.
We were fine.
We didn't care that we'd been abandoned.

:8855::8855::8855::8855:

Your tattoo and nails look fab... go you :)

I love lilies.. I made some for a cake once.

Did you design the tattoo all yourself?

View attachment 26810

Well I spent a couple of weeks getting ideas off the internet and then went armed with printouts of the ones I liked the best. I knew I wanted lilies in a mixture of pinks, blues and purples, but didn't really know exactly how I wanted it put together.

So I chatted to Gareth and we decided on just 2 flowers in a position where it would be easy to add to them if i wanted.

Of course what started out as a smallish one off tattoo is fast growing into a large work of art lol! But I love it! And I'm more than happy to keep adding to it with another flower or swirl here and there lol!

Nails look fab Dawn.
I still have my nail extensions as they were about three weeks ago and now my nails are growing they are getting a bit cumbersome but the varnish is still perfectly intact. Not sure where I go from here with them but at least they make me feel quite good...:)

Hi Emmaline x

I actually had one of mine ping off at the weekend, and as they were also about 3 weeks old I went back to the shop I had them done at to have them refilled.

She used an electric file to smooth the nails out and then re applied the gel so that basically they were all new nails again. Then I chose the pattern I wanted and she painted it on for me. It took about an hour and she charged me £20 which I think is pretty good :D

So I'd just book in at the shop where you had them done and get them re filled...that's if you want to keep them of course xx :)

Back