Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Don't worry about exercise at the moment get yourself better first, hopefully when you wake up the pain will be gone :) have a lovely day at work, and going to the training with bob, Im sure it will be great to have a catch up. Take care and keep smiling :)

Hi ladies x

This post comes to you from my back garden where I'm basking in glorious sunshine! And...I've got shorts on!!! Omg! :)

My course with Bob went very well, and it was a lovely drive with the roof off ;) On the way back we stopped off at the new HQ and I actually like the look of it. It's on an industrial estate but right on the edge so it's next to fields, huge trees and a stream! We've got a large fenced staff car park, and a lonely grassy area where we're going to put some picnic benches. We didn't go in as the builders were gutting it and putting the new kitchen, toilets, desks etc in. In fact everything will be new, including all our computers :)

I went to WI on Thursday and was thrilled to lose 4lbs so that's made quite a dent in my recent gains! Only trouble is I went on an office meal last night to the all you can eat buffet restaurant ... And I'm 4lbs up again this morning lol! Have to have a couple of good days to get it off again.

The meal was lovely as usual last night, and afterwards I went to the karaoke pub as it was my friends Anna and Ollie 'six months being together ' anniversary! So I gave them a card which they loved lol! It had been a bit of a night earlier as Barry had been involved in a fight. I can't go into details but it appears Barry broke the other guys nose and knocked him out. Barry didn't have a mark on him...but then he's 6ft 6in and 24st so I suppose that's understandable! Anyway none of this happened at the pub so there were no problems there. I spent most of the evening being chatted up by Barry's very drunk dad, again! He's no trouble, and a real gentlemen , and insists on singing to me and we also had quite a lot of dances too :) The highlight of my evening was when I showed Matt (Barry's dad) my fb profile which has a picture of saints player Soane Tonga'uiha as my avatar...and he thought he was Gwyn!!!! He said something like "god he's HUGE!", and I didn't put him right lol!!!

So far today I've just done a bit of housework and then sat in the garden! We see so little of this lovely hot weather, I think we should make the most of it! Still feeling pretty full from last nights food too so I don't think I'll eat too much today, although the kids want yet another BBQ later...

Hope you all enjoy your Saturday and that the weather is lovely for you too x

Here's a couple of photos. The first two are of my Tiny Tongan...

image-1535095740.jpg

image-4024717543.jpg

Here's Anna and Ollie...

image-2865294867.jpg

And finally, Barry and Matt...

image-1648075060.jpg

I went to WI on Thursday and was thrilled to lose 4lbs so that's made quite a dent in my recent gains! Only trouble is I went on an office meal last night to the all you can eat buffet restaurant ... And I'm 4lbs up again this morning lol! Have to have a couple of good days to get it off again.
Well done on a great new start - and the gain will be mostly just food weight and bloat. You know that don't you?

Have a lovely weekend. Off to the apartment now for a swim. It's unseasonably hot here too - about 30c. Phew

Hey Dawn!

Great weight loss and fab that the new office has nice surroundings etc. it will be nice to have everything new.

Sure that gain will be gone soon because it's only food bloat

Hope you continue to enjoy the sunshine. It's rude not to relax and enjoy it! Definitely have a BBQ :) think we are going to have one tomorrow

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oi Oi, anyone around? Have you run off with the milkman and deserted us all? Hope everything ok but please come back, we miss you!

Nah - more likely the Karaoke man! :8855:

Hope you are okay chica

Evening/Morning Chica (well it is 2am here)

I'll be awol now until 11th June (in UK with no internet) so have a lovely Jubilee and speak to you soon

:hug99:

Morning Dawn, thank you so much for the magazine. It has eventually found its way to a very , steamingly hot Spain, 39 degrees forecast for today, too much. I think I will be reading the mag. in the pool !!!

I am mightily impressed with the young man who lost 17stone...............God what an achievement. It makes my 4 stones to lose look like a walk in the park. Mind you I have slipped again with your auntie Gill here for a week to celebrate both her and Paul's birthdays. We have indulged a little too much !!!

Thank you again Dawn, I look forward to trying loads of the recipes.

I do so wish I could get auntie Gill to take this dieting lark seriously as she is very overweight now and I love her so much.

mumsie xxxx

Oi Oi, anyone around? Have you run off with the milkman and deserted us all? Hope everything ok but please come back, we miss you!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm back Penny!!!

The milkman doesn't do it for me I'm afraid...

And the postman DEFINITELY doesn't as he's my ex husband! :eek:

Nah - more likely the Karaoke man! :8855:

Hope you are okay chica

Hmmmm...now THAT'S more like it Bev lol!!! ;)

Morning Dawn, thank you so much for the magazine. It has eventually found its way to a very , steamingly hot Spain, 39 degrees forecast for today, too much. I think I will be reading the mag. in the pool !!!

I am mightily impressed with the young man who lost 17stone...............God what an achievement. It makes my 4 stones to lose look like a walk in the park. Mind you I have slipped again with your auntie Gill here for a week to celebrate both her and Paul's birthdays. We have indulged a little too much !!!

Thank you again Dawn, I look forward to trying loads of the recipes.

I do so wish I could get auntie Gill to take this dieting lark seriously as she is very overweight now and I love her so much.

mumsie xxxx

So sorry I didn't reply before now Mumsie x I have to admit I haven't been here at all for a week now :eek: There's no particular reason other than there always seems to be something else that needs doing. Last week was particularly busy but things are more back to normal now.

I think the magazine is really interesting and quite useful for recipes and inspiration. I imagine it's even more handy if you can't get to group. Anyway I'm glad it reached you ok x

Sorry to hear Auntie Gill isn't doing too well with it. We all know this blooming diet works so well...but only if we WANT to do it :eek: It's not easy watching dearly loved family members gaining weight, and probably becoming more and more unhappy. You'll have to have a chat with her...put her right lol!

Hi ladies x

Busy week but back to normal now.

Sarah and I went out for a curry to celebrate her birthday and we had a really good night. Except Sarah's curry was too salty so she sent it back, but the replacement wasn't much better. So they took it off the bill, gave us complimentary coffees, and vouchers for money off our next meal there.

It was mums birthday on Friday and we took her for lunch at one of the garden centres as she wanted some bags of garden pebbles for her present. It was absolutely pouring down and really windy but I think she still enjoyed herself.

My main news is that I actually reached my final target of 9st 10lbs on Thursday!!!
:D I gave up on trying to reach 9st 7lbs...I just couldn't do it and it was starting to get me down...so this way I can still drop down to that and remain in target range, and my upper range is to remain under 10st. Well that's the theory anyway! Whether I'll do it is another matter!

Had a stressful day yesterday as we found Suki running round the garden with a fledgling blackbird in her mouth. We're fairly confident she found it already injured as we've had huge problems with the cats roun here, but obviously we can't be sure. Gwyn managed to get it off Suki and brought it in but it was severely injured...it appears to have its windpipe exposed and possibly injured legs and a wing. Anyway we kept it warm in the hope that its last hours would be comfortable and not too painful, but later on it started calling for food so I put it back outside to see if the parents would feed it. But the mother just screamed a warning call for the 20 minutes I left him outside, and she totally ignored it. As it was freezing cold and raining, I brought him back in and ended up feeding him a couple of worms. I fully expected (and in all honesty hoped ) that it would have slipped away by this morning but it was still alive. So I've been feeding it when it asked for food, but sadly its become more lethargic and sleepy, and hasnt eaten since 5pm, so i think its close to going now :cry:poor little thing, but I suppose its for the best.

Apart from the heartbreak of the bird, today has been a really nice day. The weather was hot so we invited Shirley round for a BBQ and spent a few nice hours in the garden chatting.

So that's me pretty much up to date now. I just need to get to a few diaries now and catch up xxx​

Hi Dawnie, So sorry to hear about the little blackbird! That's nature though I'm afraid, we had a similar thing happen with Leanne's dog. He's a terrier and
snuffling around in the hedgerow in the garden came out with a baby blackbird. It didn't survive and I felt really bad about it but blackbirds do have this habit
of dicing with death as they make their nests so low to the ground! Glad you've got everything else in order.

Evening chica - I'm back after a week in the freezing cold (well to me it was) and very wet UK.
Well done on declaring target at 9:10 and getting there. I did wonder whether 9:7 was just a few pound too far!

Give Sarah a hug from me will you - a not nice one of course!

This diary is truly brilliant - everything from the title down to the sheer number of emoticons you include in every post! Also your weight loss is super inspirational for a newbie like me. I just started a diary on here yesterday but I didnt go into as much detail as you, sort of wish I had now, it reads excellently!

Morning Dawn xx

Congratulations on setting your final target weight, which I totally admire, as we are the same height, but your target weight is a massive 2 stone lower than mine!:eek:

Sorry about the blackbird :(, Naughty Bertie managed to catch his first bird last week!

dabhand said:
Hi Dawnie, So sorry to hear about the little blackbird! That's nature though I'm afraid, we had a similar thing happen with Leanne's dog. He's a terrier and
snuffling around in the hedgerow in the garden came out with a baby blackbird. It didn't survive and I felt really bad about it but blackbirds do have this habit
of dicing with death as they make their nests so low to the ground! Glad you've got everything else in order.

Hi Dawnie x

I have to say it really shocked me to think that Suki might have it in her to attack a bird like that. I know it's silly and it's just instinct, but she's just a pup! We've watched her in the garden countless times, trying to sneak up on various birds like a cat, and then getting so excited that she's just run at them and then sat there for ages when they fly away, trying to figure out where they've gone! Never ever imagined she might catch one :(

Anyway, I'm coming to catch up with you when I've finished on here so see u soon x

Pommette said:
Evening chica - I'm back after a week in the freezing cold (well to me it was) and very wet UK.
Well done on declaring target at 9:10 and getting there. I did wonder whether 9:7 was just a few pound too far!

Give Sarah a hug from me will you - a not nice one of course!

A hug??? For Sarah??? Are you TRYING to put my life in danger Auntie Bev???! Tell u what, I'll try a handshake and see how that goes down! Is that ok? ;)

9:7 was a dream, and I haven't totally given up on it, but it's not something I'm going all out for now. I think you're right, it WAS a step too far, and now I feel if it happens it happens, bit if not then it doesn't really matter. In a year and a half my wardrobe contents have changed from 20's to 8's and 10's, and the colours and styles are totally different! No black baggy jumpers and skirts! But lots of fitted dresses, short skirts and strappy tops! Omg who'd have thought it lol!!! And a couple of weeks ago, when it was boiling hot, I actually went OUT in denim shorts!! Only to B&Q with Gwyn...but it was a big milestone for me! And nobody pointed at me...nobody made fun of me or stared...the world didnt end...I was just another ordinary shopper, dressed for the weather and not standing out in any way...just normal! It was lovely!!!

kneehigh85 said:
This diary is truly brilliant - everything from the title down to the sheer number of emoticons you include in every post! Also your weight loss is super inspirational for a newbie like me. I just started a diary on here yesterday but I didnt go into as much detail as you, sort of wish I had now, it reads excellently!

Well good morning kneehigh85! Cool name btw!!!

What a lovely post! Oh my goodness that's really kind of you to say that! I'm a bit embarrassed now lol!

I think it helps to write things down, no matter how unimportant or uninteresting you think they may be to others. If they matter to you, put them in your diary. It's a bit scary when you first start, but once people start posting on it and you get a nice circle of friends, you won't look back! And you'll wonder how you ever managed without it!

Of course you realise I shall have to come and have a nosy now, don't you?!!! Xxx

ginlin said:
Morning Dawn xx

Congratulations on setting your final target weight, which I totally admire, as we are the same height, but your target weight is a massive 2 stone lower than mine!:eek:

Sorry about the blackbird :(, Naughty Bertie managed to catch his first bird last week!

Morning Lynne x

Thanks hunni. I don't think it matters what other people the same height as you weigh, just as long as you're happy at your weight and are managing to maintain. We could actually both drop down to 8st something and still technically have a healthy bmi...but i think we'd both look AWFUL lol!!!

And another reason for not pushing too hard to get to 9:7 was my RUBBISH history of maintaining! I couldn't stay at 10:7 a few years ago when I got to it, and went back up to 15:9, so trying to stay a stone less than that was always going to be one hell of a challenge for me :( Fingers crossed I can keep this off now x

Right...quick update...I stayed up late last night as the bird was deteriorating fast. I wrapped him in a warm towel and laid him on my lap, and he slipped away. Very sad but also a relief in a way.

It's absolutely pouring down here and has been all night! I can't believe we sat in the garden and had a BBQ yesterday! So I'm not sure what to do today really. Not working till Thursday thank goodness :). I might drag Gwyn to B&Q to look at the new tiles they've just got in as I'm desperate to redo the kitchen! And I NEED to dye my hair too!!!

Catch u later guys xxx

Dawnie - totally with you on weight.
As Lynne said I'm maintaining at exactly 2 stone more than you (11:10) but for me to go any lower would be crazy. I would look dreadful.
And I'm happy where I am. Like you I'd like to be 11:7 but . . . whenever. I'm not stressing and if it happens it happens.

Sorry about the wee little blackbird. It is unlikely that Sukie caught it - dogs aren't usually quick enough.
So one of the neighbourhood cats probably winged it first!

I settle for your handshake with Sarah and just tell her I sent her a not nice hug!!! :8855:

Last edited:
Haha! I'll do that Bev, no problems! I mean I know Sarah's me sis and everything, but there's a limit to how much bodily contact even I can give her!!!

Suppose it's lovely and sunny where you are now x Here's the view of my back garden now...wet wet wet!!!

image-1286766406.jpg

Just want to post my food for today. Really must get into the habit again if I'm going to stand any chance of keeping this weight off...

Red Day

oats (B1)
milk (1/2 A1)

banana
apple

2 homemade sw burgers
2 tesco cumberland sausages (2)
60g wm roll (B2)
salad
mustard (1)
mayo (2)
ketchup (1)