Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Food looks great! Hope you've had a good day other than the miserable weather xx

Thanks Emma x

Yes quite a nice day really. We didn't go out as Gwyn had some work to do, so I dyed my hair and then spent a very enjoyable (NOT!!!) sorting out my knickers drawer!

This afternoon I got the tea all prepared and cooked in advance so I could watch the England match. It was still a bit chaotic as my eldest son Andrew is decorating downstairs arm so all the furniture is in the middle of the lounge lol! He's a good lad though. He's not working much so I'm keeping him busy with jobs around the house. If I have to go to work then I'm blooming sure I'm not having him sitting around doing nothing lol!!!

Haha! I'll do that Bev, no problems! I mean I know Sarah's me sis and everything, but there's a limit to how much bodily contact even I can give her!!!

Suppose it's lovely and sunny where you are now x Here's the view of my back garden now...wet wet wet!!!
Evening chica - yes summer has arrived very early.
It was 35c last week whilst I was in the UK but was a mere 32c today. Phew!!!
Supposed to be a bit cooler tomorrow though which would be good as we have to go to the apartment to say goddbye to guests and then clean it !!
Aircon on methinks!

Morning peeps x

Quick post to say I made it to the gym and I'm just finishing off on the exercise bike now. Thought I'd try a faster treadmill run this morning...big mistake! I could only manage 2.5k at the faster pace! Its so incredibly hot in here despite the air con. So back to my snails pace next time I think :( So in an effort to make up for it, I've done 5k on the bike and a circuit of weights.

Off to the shower now, then home for breakfast and then I'm going to help Andrew with the painting.

See u later xx

Gosh you have been good with the exercise today! I have been really slacking but I am hoping to go on the cross trainer before bed. Am stuck in the middle of 2 job applications though so I must get those finished first! Aiming to have 3lb off this week!!!

kneehigh85 said:
Gosh you have been good with the exercise today! I have been really slacking but I am hoping to go on the cross trainer before bed. Am stuck in the middle of 2 job applications though so I must get those finished first! Aiming to have 3lb off this week!!!

Actually after I wrote that, I did 5k on the exercise bike and 10 mins on the elliptical trainer lol! I had the place to myself again so I could pretty much do as I pleased :).

Wow! 3lbs eh? Good for you! I'm sure you'll do it x. What sort of jobs are you applying for? Xx

The main one I am applying for is a Probation Officer. I already work at probation but this is like my dream job and it would be a promotion so I really would like to get it. The other is a voluntary position with a charity who support high risk sex offenders in the community in a befriending kind of thing. I think this would help my career, plus it is an award winning charity and I am so keen to be part of it. I am literally crossing everything that I get one of these posts, if not both!

Evening lovely one!

Sounds like you had a fab workout this morning. Excellent work.

Been horrible weather here again today. When is summer ever going to come?

Congrats on getting back to target, excellent work.

It's nice to have you back on minis. Missed you!

Hope you having a nice evening x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The main one I am applying for is a Probation Officer. I already work at probation but this is like my dream job and it would be a promotion so I really would like to get it. The other is a voluntary position with a charity who support high risk sex offenders in the community in a befriending kind of thing. I think this would help my career, plus it is an award winning charity and I am so keen to be part of it. I am literally crossing everything that I get one of these posts, if not both!

Ooh both of those jobs sound incredibly interesting! And probably very stressful, but I imagine the job satisfaction is fantastic. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you hunni xxx:cross:

Evening lovely one!

Sounds like you had a fab workout this morning. Excellent work.

Been horrible weather here again today. When is summer ever going to come?

Congrats on getting back to target, excellent work.

It's nice to have you back on minis. Missed you!

Hope you having a nice evening x

Evening lovely Penny!!! :hug99:

Thank you for those super comments xxx
I'm still aching from the workout this morning lol! And I always come back STARVING which isn't so good! :eating:

Evening all x :D

I've had a very busy day today!
:)

After the gym, I helped Andrew to gloss the skirting boards and door frames etc downstairs, which took most of the day. We still have the dining room, study, kitchen & utility room to do...and then we need to tackle upstairs!
:rolleyes: Anyway it kept me busy, especially as in between I did lunch, several loads of washing, had to move loads of furniture, did dinner, had to moved loads of furniture back again, hoovered, walked Suki...which is why I haven't been about here much today! :sigh: I have to say it's starting to look really nice now. It's amazing what a difference a lick of paint can make. Once we've finished the glossing, there are a few walls that need some emulsion on them as they're rather grubby, and I'm also trying to talk Gwyn into letting me gloss the bannisters. They're currently stained a horrible mucky brown colour and I'd love to brighten them up a bit but Gwyn's not so keen. I do like to see wood, but this is really awful, and so hard to clean. :mad:

Tomorrow we have Auntie Carol coming to give Suki a hair cut so she'll be a little baldy by lunch time lol!!! I'll try to get some before and after pics.

Todays Food
Red Day

oats (B1)
milk (1/2 A1)
banana
strawberries
yoghurt

chicken roll (B2)
butter (2)
mayo (1)
apple
yoghurt

2 chicken breasts
carrots
swede
cauliflower cheese (3)
mayo (1)
fruit and yoghurt

options hot choc (2)
hi fi bar (6)

Syns - 15
2 B's
1/2 A
Exercise - 2.5k treadmill run
5k bike
10 min elliptical
circuit weights
walk with Suki

Last edited:
It was a busy day Penny! And today was the same! Shot down to B&Q for more paint and then Andrew and I spent all day slapping it on! We're painting all the woodwork first...cleaning, undercoat and gloss. We're also having new work tops and tiles in the kitchen and utility, and possibly a small breakfast bar. And then we're going to set about painting most of the walls as they're incredibly grubby (magnolia paint shows every mark!!!)

Fell spectacularly off the wagon tonight!!! Spag bol, Ben and Jerrys cookie dough ice cream, and a cream cake!!! Oh and I've just finished off Daniels chips that he didn't want! Not the best thing to do the day before WI lol!!!

Fell spectacularly off the wagon tonight!!! Spag bol, Ben and Jerrys cookie dough ice cream, and a cream cake!!! Oh and I've just finished off Daniels chips that he didn't want! Not the best thing to do the day before WI lol!!!

Hahahaha at least you are at target so you can afford to do this every now and again! When did you reach target by the way?

. . . We're also having new work tops and tiles in the kitchen and utility, and possibly a small breakfast bar.
Yay - you've finally got round to it!!! Are you going for granite or something else?

Last edited:
Wow busy bees! We want to get our lounge redecorated but once the fireplace has been reinstated- not sure that is the right word, basically it's boarded up and I want it back to a fireplace! Think we will be paying someone to do the work though although maybe we will do the paint work. Not sure.

I'm sure you worked off the extra Syns you had yesterday. Hope work and weigh in go ok today

X

Ooo Dawn, I notice you have been AWOL for a wee while - hope all is ok. I have been in a right foul mood over on my diary because I STS this week, although it has been * week so I am trying not to beat myself up too much about it and get back on the cross trainer.

Hope you are well x

Hi guys! :)

Really sorry I haven't posted for so long.

Basically I got back on plan...but then we came to the Lake District last Saturday and I'm most definitely OFF it again!!!

We've had the most wonderful time, Gwyn, Suki and me, even though it's rained every day except for today! We're staying in our usual cottage in Cockermouth and thankfully the river level has gone down rather than up while we've been here.

We've been out every day despite the miserable weather. We even managed to take Suki on the beach which was hilarious! She absolutely loved it, apart from when she belly flopped into a huge rock pool and had to learn to swim pretty quickly!

Today we took her on the longest walk she's ever done and she did really well. We walked all the way round Buttermere Lake which is about 5 miles, and then rewarded ourselves with a rather nice cream tea :) The only problem is that I hurt my knee while running on the beach with Suki and it's still really painful today. I've rested it a bit but there was no way I was going home tomorrow without doing a proper walk, hence the trot out today. Probably a bad idea but I really wanted to go!

As for my food...well it's been pretty dire lol! Pizza, Indian, Chinese, fish n chips, cheese n biscuits, cream teas, Ben & Jerrys cookie dough ice cream...I think that gives you an idea of how my week has been! I feel so very fat and sluggish and think I must have gained around 2st in the past few weeks :) At least I can "enjoy" the challenge of getting it all off again!

So tomorrow we come home and I'm supposed to be going for a meal out to celebrate a friends retirement but I think I'll see how the drive home goes before I decide if I'm going. I'm very excited as we're stopping off at Manchester on the way as Gorgeous Gail is cooking dinner for us!! Really can't wait to see her again...its only been a few weeks since I stayed there but it seems like MONTHS ago!

Anyways ... Must go as its time for tea! I'll catch up with you again ASAP xxx

Thought I'd add a few photos of our time here.

This first photo was taken from the cottage patio when we arrived. The water is really high compared to the next one which was taken a couple of days later. Note the tree that's standing in water on the first pic!

image-666487825.jpg

image-1196187220.jpg

Here's my baby in her new coat!
image-3490072825.jpg

Sadly she wasn't too impressed...
image-2024818365.jpg

Preferring her old one!
image-2669228356.jpg

And these were taken on our walk today

image-1443031473.jpg

image-4018941780.jpg

image-2191050178.jpg

Here's Suki with her sausage...

image-2482748263.jpg

And without it lol!

image-1705071355.jpg

And last but not least, here's my very clever daughter Vicki receiving her St. John Grand Prior Award last week. It's taken her 7 years of hard work to achieve it and I'm obviously very proud of her!

image-660850346.jpg

Back