Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hi Dawn - well, your diary has been so active whilst I was away. Just taken me 50 minutes to catch up (well, I am a slow reader!).
Well done on RFL - not something I could even contemplate. Dodgy knees, hips and ankles just keep me in the pool.
See the albatross hung around too long. has he gone back South now?
Fantastic loss last week too. Well done hun.
And finally - all you other ladies, thank you for all your posts here. I've been PMSL! My poor mum thinks I'm cracking up every time I laugh out loud! :D

Sazbirl said:
Hi Dawn I'm sarah, congratulations on your weight loss I've just seen your pics you look fab, oh and velvet crunch are my favourite crisps too.x

Aw thanks Sazbirl...not quite there yet but 1 1/2 st to lose seems ever so much better than the 5 st I started with ;)

Velvet crunch...yummy xx

Oh bless you hon, hope knee is on the mend now?

Well done on your RFL too.

Might have to investigate those velvet crunches..!! Yum! x

also OMG!! YOUR PICS ARE AMAZING!!!!!! well done hon xx

Last edited:
Hi Dawn - well, your diary has been so active whilst I was away. Just taken me 50 minutes to catch up (well, I am a slow reader!).
Well done on RFL - not something I could even contemplate. Dodgy knees, hips and ankles just keep me in the pool.
See the albatross hung around too long. has he gone back South now?
Fantastic loss last week too. Well done hun.
And finally - all you other ladies, thank you for all your posts here. I've been PMSL! My poor mum thinks I'm cracking up every time I laugh out loud! :D

Wow thanks for getting up to date with my diary xx

The R4L was a real high for me, and quite a personal challenge as I'm very unfit. Plus of course I had my own aviary accompanying along the way which was uncomfortable to say the least! :eek:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that totally cracks up while I'm reading some of these posts :8855: I think one of the funniest threads atm is poor Maximus's diary...hilarious!

Hi Dawn,

Hope your day was ok. I think we need a bird update ??

I'm off to bed now (well, I'm trying at least !!) so if you see my green light on, feel free to shout at me. I'll just have to catch up on others diaries tomorrow (or at least as soon as). I have such a busy week and am working at the weekend - Boo (which is always pretty tiring and I have to get up early too so no lie ins for me :().

Hope you're ok.

Gail xxx

Hi Dawn,

Hope your day was ok. I think we need a bird update ??

I'm off to bed now (well, I'm trying at least !!) so if you see my green light on, feel free to shout at me. I'll just have to catch up on others diaries tomorrow (or at least as soon as). I have such a busy week and am working at the weekend - Boo (which is always pretty tiring and I have to get up early too so no lie ins for me :().

Hope you're ok.

Gail xxx

Hi Gail,

Food day was fine but work day was cr*p :mad: Sometimes I think I'd just be better off getting out altogether and finding something a hell of a lot less 'challenging' :( But then I don't need to tell you about stressy jobs! :rolleyes: At least you're off next weekend hun ;)

I'm a bit hacked off as I've got lumbered with stupid *week which I could well do without as the albatross may have moved on but he seems to have left his sodding sharp beak behind as I'm still not 100%. Hope its sorted before we go away xx

I'm gonna head up to bed too but I'll be on my moby for a bit xx

Oh bless you hon, hope knee is on the mend now?

Well done on your RFL too.

Might have to investigate those velvet crunches..!! Yum! x

also OMG!! YOUR PICS ARE AMAZING!!!!!! well done hon xx

Hi Nattymo,

Thanks for that! Daughter has had me trying some of my thin clothes on tonight...and they fit :eek: Only 1 1/2 st to go...

The knee is fine now thanks :D although I'm still blooming stiff! My bums the worst for some reason!!! :kissass:

I really like these velvet crunch crisps...I think they're cassava crisps and really light and tastey xx

Just popping my head in to say I'm still alive - even if only just.

And didn't you have the sense to tape the albatross's beak together when you first met it?

Some people...

Hi
I really like these velvet crunch crisps...I think they're cassava crisps and really light and tastey xx

I looked for the crisps in Sainsburys last night but sadly they didn't do them. To be fair they failed me on other bits too, like puffed wheat although least they had the sign up for them. Oh well, the search for the crisps continue :D

I think one of the funniest threads atm is poor Maximus's diary...hilarious!
Yes - poor Maximus. We seem to have hijacked his thread. And all because I asked for a piccie of him in boxers!
Thanks for that! Daughter has had me trying some of my thin clothes on tonight...and they fit :eek:
I bet that feels goooooooooood
The knee is fine now thanks :D although I'm still blooming stiff! My bums the worst for some reason!!! :kissass:
Whenever I used to play squash I got a stiff bum! Shows how little we normally use the gluteus maximus and minimus (there I go again - poor ol' Steve!)

skinnydawn said:
Daughter has had me trying some of my thin clothes on tonight...and they fit :eek: Only 1 1/2 st to go...

Yay. Great NSV :). I love velvet crunch too but prefer cheese and onion one (even though I don't usually like cheese and onion) because I end up inhaling chilli powder from the other flavour for some reason !!

Hope you're ok and work got a bit better. My day has been fine :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Good evening girls xx

Another day from hell at work but, you know what...I don't care cos I'm on holiday!!!! :bliss:

Well we don't actually go till Saturday but I've got tomorrow off as got lots to do! Number one priority is to dye my hair :eek: and number two is to pack!!! :happy036:

I've also invited Shirley round for dinner :eating: tomorrow so we can have a proper catch up as I haven't seen her since she came back from her Mums. She sounded a lot brighter tonight so I'm hoping that the initial shock of losing Dad is slowly being replaced by a kind of acceptance. Mind you, I'm a one to talk about acceptance...I still feel a bit like I'm in denial :confused:

Went to wi tonight and lost 2lbs :party0049: so rather pleased with myself! Frances lost 2 1/2 :D, and Andrew put 1/2 on :rolleyes:

How's everyone else doing today? xx

Todays Food

28g fruit and fibre (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

soup (3)
banana
velvet crunch crisps (4)
2 x plums

jacket spud
21g 1/2 f cheese (1/2 A)
butter (1)
salad
salad cream (2)

Total syns:- 10
Exercise:- none

Just popping my head in to say I'm still alive - even if only just.

And didn't you have the sense to tape the albatross's beak together when you first met it?

Some people...

:hmm:...now where have I seen your avatar pic before...:eek:

Number one priority is to dye my hair :eek: and number two is to pack!!! :happy036:
That's my girl. Got to look gorgeous on holiday - so deffo do the hair first!

Went to wi tonight and lost 2lbs :party0049: so rather pleased with myself!
Yay - well done.

Have a FANTASIC HOLIDAY!

Wow. Well done on another 2lbs :D

You are handling the loss of your Dad in your own way. We all deal with things differently and that is a 'normal' grief reaction. There will be days when you feel strong and days where you feel like you can't manage it all. But you have amazing family around you who will help you on the days that you feel vulnerable and who will be helped by you when you feel strong.

So pleased you are now on hols. Have a fab time and see you next Saturday :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back