Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Oooh not long now!!!

Sunny (lol!) Cockermouth here I come!!! Well tomorrow anyway!

I have been SO busy today :crazy:

First job of the day was to pop into town to get some money out for the holiday (did I mention I'm going on holiday at all...? :8855: ) and then down to Morrisons to get my hair dye. Hubby suggested we go next door to Dunnes to have a look at the clothes...and bought me 8 t-shirts and a pair of leggings bless him :lilkiss:

So after doing the biz with obliterating the grey, it was time to pack!!! :happy036: How strange to see loads of different colours in my case instead of the usual black/brown/navy :)

Then I thought I'd better start sorting the dinner as I'd invited Shirley round, so I decided to do beef casserole with sw roast spuds, carrots and peas, and also have a crack at making the strawberry roulade. Well the casserole was gorgeous but the roulade was totally out of this world! Everyone loved it and I had to fight Gwyn to save a bit for Andrew :eek: I think it was every bit as good if not better than a 'normal' one :D I'll put a piccy on in a min.

Hope all you lovely ladies are ok xxx I'm hoping to still be in touch while we're away as I'll have my phone but I refuse to take the laptop otherwise I'll be on it all night! :rolleyes: I have to confess to being a bit apprehensive about my food as we don't do any cooking other than breakfast at the cottage, so all our meals are eaten out :eek: These normally consist of cream teas for lunch and then Chinese, Indian, pizza or fish and chips for tea, and in the past I have been known to come home a stone heavier. So I'm not too sure how I'm going to handle this week :confused: I think I might have to suggest we alternate eating at home and eating out so at least I can reduce the damage a little. In fact Andrew has offered to cook tea one night so that's a start.

Anyway, I'm going to see if I can post the roulade pic from my phone now.

Take care girls, hopefully chat tomorrow night when we're all settled in xx

Strawberry roulade ;)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110624_230249.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110624_230249.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 29
Have a fab holiday. I would suggest considering trying to have maybe one meal a day at home ?? But choose things that you really like and are easy to prepare so that hopefully you will look forward to those meals and will be completely in control at least for that time.

I hope the weather is great for you. Look forward to hearing about it. Travel safely.

Gail xxx

Oooooh yummmmmmmy :). Was it a SW roulade ?

Gail x

Yes, only 1 1/2 syns (baking powder, and half a sachet of options white hot choc powder mixed in the quark filling)

Totally yummy! xx

oh wow. That sounds amazing. I presume you need a food processor or whisk though. I really should try some puddings - I just haven't yet !

Gail x

I hope you have a fab holiday Dawn and glad you got your hair dyed and new clothes!!! Can't wait to see some pics.

Oh and I am putting in a request now! I want a piece of the roulade the next time you make it... It looks absolutely gorgeous :p

And I want the recipe (in full) please. Including the sponge (it is sponge isn't it?). I'm not a big pud eater so I only have a limited repertoire for doing when friends come to dinner. And it looks absolutely yummy.

It really was nice...one of the best sw recipes I think I've done, and very simple too. I recommend it 100%!!

Gail I used an electric whisk as you have to whisk some egg whites, and if you do it by hand you find your arm drops off before you finish!!! :eek:

FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETENER (I put 5 in)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT 180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETENER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER (I added 1/2 options white hot choc sachet, or you could add some yoghurt)

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT. (ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END) SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING.

WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL.

It really was nice...one of the best sw recipes I think I've done, and very simple too. I recommend it 100%!!

Gail I used an electric whisk as you have to whisk some egg whites, and if you do it by hand you find your arm drops off before you finish!!! :eek:

FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETENER (I put 5 in)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT 180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETENER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER (I added 1/2 options white hot choc sachet, or you could add some yoghurt)

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT. (ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END) SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING.

WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL.

Ohhh yummy I have all of those ingredients here as well! I am going to make this tmrw evening... Thank you :D

No probs mini mum...hope you like it as much as we did! I only had 1/2 a tub of quark left so I used some fromage frais in the "sponge" mixture and it was fine. And I think you have to play around with the quark filling until you get it how you like it. I used Splenda sweetener which is a bit sweeter than ordinary sweetener. I honestly could have eaten the whole thing, but then I'm a pig!!!

Dawn - thank you for doing this before you go on hols. I didn't expect such fantastic service!!!!

Have a great hols and meet up with Gail & Jules.

Thanks guys!!!

Right gotta get up now and get cracking cos SOMEONE'S going on HOLIDAY today!!! :bliss:

I'll be in touch with my moby so no slacking girls!!! And if you're of a sensitive nature it might be best to avoid my diary till I get back cos I'm gonna be having some very naughty nosh!!! :8855:

Take care xx Hopefully update tonight if there's a decent signal!!! xxx

.Nicki. said:
TAKE ME WITH YOU!

Damn! Stop the car! We forgot to pack Nicki!!!

Back