Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Well done on your run Dawn. I really should be shamed into doing a but more exercise but it hasn't worked yet *embarrassed* !

Welcome home ! I had such a great weekend and it was really so lovely to meet you and Gwynn. Hopefully there will be a next time :)

Hope your week goes well and well done on a teeny gain from a weeks holiday. That is really something to be proud of :D

Gail x

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hmm...post holiday come down, poor Dawn. Back to the real world today. I do hope things aren't very bad for your Uncle and something can be done to help him.

Pommette said:
Sounds just like my "return fom holiday" routine too. I used to hate all the washing and ironing that needed to be done. I used to get into a real state as 75% of the time I worked away from home so also had to repack a suitcase full of business gear to go off with on Monday morning.

Re cleaning - don't ever come and live in Spain. There is no way you can have a house "just so". There is dust in the air all the time so everything always looks a mess. For the first 12 months I was a dusting maniac. Now I just ignore it and hope that anyone who comes round will too. I have a friend who has lived here the same amount of time as we have and she still dusts every day. Mad fool.
But her taps are a mess and mine are sparkly as I have a real fettish about this. We have really hard water which leaves limescale marks - so I clean them every time I use them. My husband thinks I'm mad !!! Now't so queer as folk!

Isn't it funny the little things we feel we just HAVE to do! Mine is hoovering...has to be done every day or I get in a terrible, even tearful mood! I totally get u on the taps...I remember reading somewhere that even if your sink isn't very clean, if your taps are it will LOOK clean lol!

I am another one who is so OCD about shiny taps!
And, I love a clean sparkly toilet!

Do some of you lot want to come round to my place?
I'd love to have clean taps and a sparkly loo - but I'm not bothered enough about doing it.
I'll come and cook for you, if you'll come & clean for me. Is that a deal?

My ex partner used to be really good at cleaning, but not cooking, so that worked very well. But unfortunately now that I'm single again I have to do both. I'm not a fan. Not at all.

Any offers?
(Just the cleaning, not the "partner" bit. I'm quite happy single, thanks!)

Isn't it funny the little things we feel we just HAVE to do! Mine is hoovering...has to be done every day or I get in a terrible, even tearful mood! I totally get u on the taps...I remember reading somewhere that even if your sink isn't very clean, if your taps are it will LOOK clean lol!

I am another one who is so OCD about shiny taps!
And, I love a clean sparkly toilet!

Oh dear - I didn't want to admit it but I do the sink and loo everyday too! In fact I usually do the whole bathroom. I hate to admit but I'm probably OCD about clean bathrooms. Probably stems from my days at school when the swimming pool changing rooms were always filthy and it made be feel even dirtier just going in them !! LOL We are a strange bunch! :D

Last edited:
gl12282 said:
Well done on your run Dawn. I really should be shamed into doing a but more exercise but it hasn't worked yet *embarrassed* !

Welcome home ! I had such a great weekend and it was really so lovely to meet you and Gwynn. Hopefully there will be a next time :)

Hope your week goes well and well done on a teeny gain from a weeks holiday. That is really something to be proud of :D

Gail x

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Well...there was rather a lot more walking than running lol but I did feel good for having done it...knackered but good!

I'm actually feeling pretty relieved about how much I've put on! If I can really work at it between now and wi, I can still be in the 11st weight bracket which has been my main worry. So fingers crossed!

Another meet is definately on the cards hun! xxx

love,

Dawn xx

pjallen1982 said:
I most definitely do not clean the toilet and taps each day, nor vacuum... so guess that makes me the dirty one!

Well done on running though Dawn, especially after a busy day. What is this chickpea cake you talk of?! I'm intrigued. x

Hi Penny,
Someone brought chick pea cake in on a taster night and it was lovely...she flavoured it with almond essence. My c emailed the recipe out and I was gonna make it last night but DD had used all the eggs! So I'll get some more today and if its nice I'll post the recipe xx

Hi Penny,
Someone brought chick pea cake in on a taster night and it was lovely...she flavoured it with almond essence. My c emailed the recipe out and I was gonna make it last night but DD had used all the eggs! So I'll get some more today and if its nice I'll post the recipe xx

Oooh yes please do :)

Sod it :(

Just been to see uncle Dave...he has cancer of the brain, kidney, and possible lung. He's not able to walk atm, or go to the loo, and is a bit bewildered by it all but in good spirits.:'(

Oh Dawn, I really don't know what to say except I'm sorry about your uncle. It's a reall bummer. Big hugs from me too (((( HUGS)))) :grouphugg:

Hoovering every day??!!

So very sorry to read about your uncle Dawn, so sad. :hug99:

Dawn,

So sorry to hear about your uncle. Life us so unfair sometimes. I hope they can make him comfortable ? what are their plans next in terms of treatments/discharge ?

Re: cleaning, J of T and I are very similar in many respects - in fact I could have written her post (obviously except that her wit far outstrips mine !!!!). So, if there are any volunteers, I am next in line :) (see JofT, I can be a lady sometimes and wait in the queue ;))

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Evening ladies, and thank you for your kind words regarding Dave :flowers: It seems they are trying to establish exactly how far the cancer has spread before deciding on a course of action. I will ring my auntie Sue tomorrow night to see if anything has been sorted.

First day back at work was always going to be crap, but just exactly how you're supposed to run a service with so few vehicles is beyond me :badmood: So it was a nightmare, and wont be any better tomorrow! :eek:

I made the chick pea cake tonight but haven't tried it yet as it's only just come out of the oven. Will let you know what it's like...

My food has been ok today I think...

Todays Food

4 x ryvita (B)
philly extra light (6)
banana

chicken salad
salad cream (2)
yoghurt (1)

bacon
egg
beans
peas
carrots
tom sauce (2)
jelly

I didn't get my 1/3 sf tonight as Gwyn was cooking and wasn't feeling too good so we just had whatever was quick and easy to do. Hopefully he'll have an early night tonight and feel a little better tomorrow.

Total syns :- 11
Exercise:- 1k walk on lunch break

Just realised I haven't had my heA so will have a hot milk before I go to bed. I would've had the philly as my A but it's the wrong one :rolleyes:

Take care ladies xx

Do some of you lot want to come round to my place?
I'd love to have clean taps and a sparkly loo - but I'm not bothered enough about doing it.
I'll come and cook for you, if you'll come & clean for me. Is that a deal?

My ex partner used to be really good at cleaning, but not cooking, so that worked very well. But unfortunately now that I'm single again I have to do both. I'm not a fan. Not at all.

Any offers?
(Just the cleaning, not the "partner" bit. I'm quite happy single, thanks!)

Hmmnn...tempting :thinking2: What's your special of the day? :eating:

Hoovering every day??!!

EVERY day hunni...otherwise there are tears!!! :cry:

Dawn,

Re: cleaning, J of T and I are very similar in many respects - in fact I could have written her post (obviously except that her wit far outstrips mine !!!!). So, if there are any volunteers, I am next in line :) (see JofT, I can be a lady sometimes and wait in the queue ;))

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Ooh...this is hard... I know YOU can cook Gail :drool: ...but your house was gorgeous as it was so I don't really think there's anything to do there! :D

That is a bugger - I was going to suggest using the philli as your hea, wonder why you can't use the extra light version, you used to be able to as a B on green... These sort of things confuse the heck out of me!!

Sorry to hear about your uncle, your family really is being dealt the crappy cards at the mo, hope things get better for you soon xx

As for all that cleaning, no-one turn up at my house without giving me at least a week's notice! With the dog, the place could easily be hoovered every day and be just as disgusting the next day. So we don't bother. It gets a decent hoover about once a week, if one of us has time and inclination! As for the bathroom... It gets dusty lol. We chuck bleach down the loo, and wipe it all down, but I'm not about to admit how often that happens... I think the main problem is that while I have no qualms telling my bf off for being a mucky sod, it's not my place to tell my flatmate that she needs to clean up more!

As for all that cleaning, no-one turn up at my house without giving me at least a week's notice! With the dog, the place could easily be hoovered every day and be just as disgusting the next day. So we don't bother. It gets a decent hoover about once a week, if one of us has time and inclination! As for the bathroom... It gets dusty lol. We chuck bleach down the loo, and wipe it all down, but I'm not about to admit how often that happens... I think the main problem is that while I have no qualms telling my bf off for being a mucky sod, it's not my place to tell my flatmate that she needs to clean up more!

Lol!!! Cool get out clause...blame the lodger!!!

I know how much mess a dog can make...my old girlie Simba used to moult all year long, and as she had a long coat she was always bringing in bits of grass and twigs from the garden! My other little girl was a shih tzu, and being so close to the floor she used to do the same thing bless her.

I do get quite het up about housework sometimes, especially if someones coming round. The whole house has to be done. I think it stems back to the days when I was first on my own with the children, and there was quite a stigma attached to 'single mothers'. It was assumed that we all lived off the state, claiming whatever benefits we could, and lived in filthy houses. I was so terrified that people would think we were like that, I would come home from work and spend ages cleaning and scrubbing, often not sitting down until 9pm. I'm a lot better than I was, but still can't quite get that panic cleaning out of my system! :rolleyes:

Back