Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Gail, that was such a lovely post, thankyou. You are a very perceptive and compassionate lady xx

I feel a bit better this morning, just hit a bit of a downer last night. Thanks for being there guys xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hi, I've only just found your diary, and I couldn't just read it and scarper, not with the time you're having at the moment.
Hugs from a total stranger may not mean much, but I do feel for you.

And I'm in Northampton too! You obviously weigh in on Thursdays, from your posts: which group do you go to? Is it one of Alicia's? Cos I go to her Tuesday group. If so, we DEFINITELY need to have a chat!!!
Also, can I join the dysfunctional joggers too please? I'm going to have to wait till next week though. I got as far as Week 3 of C25K, and then all my other exercise got shoved aside to make way for the endless swimming (see link to thread in sig if interested!)... but next week is Easter, and it will all be over and done with. At last.
And, in a bizarre way, I'm actually looking forward to getting back to jogging. And to Jillian. (The 30 Day Shred, which I also started, and then stopped on account of the blasted swimming.)

Anyway, it's really nice to "meet" you, and you other lovely ladies. I hope you don't mind if I keep lurking, & occasionally posting?

I love the concept of the dysfunctional joggers - however, does anyone else think that the more running we do, the less dysfunctional we will become, I'm seeing a flaw...!!!

Hope you are ok today Dawn xxx

Hi, I've only just found your diary, and I couldn't just read it and scarper, not with the time you're having at the moment.
Hugs from a total stranger may not mean much, but I do feel for you.

And I'm in Northampton too! You obviously weigh in on Thursdays, from your posts: which group do you go to? Is it one of Alicia's? Cos I go to her Tuesday group. If so, we DEFINITELY need to have a chat!!!
Also, can I join the dysfunctional joggers too please? I'm going to have to wait till next week though. I got as far as Week 3 of C25K, and then all my other exercise got shoved aside to make way for the endless swimming (see link to thread in sig if interested!)... but next week is Easter, and it will all be over and done with. At last.
And, in a bizarre way, I'm actually looking forward to getting back to jogging. And to Jillian. (The 30 Day Shred, which I also started, and then stopped on account of the blasted swimming.)

Anyway, it's really nice to "meet" you, and you other lovely ladies. I hope you don't mind if I keep lurking, & occasionally posting?

Hi Jimoftroy,

Thanks for your lovely post hunni xx ANY hugs from ANYONE will be gratefully accepted atm :needhug: although I am feeling a little more comfortable with the hospice thing today thanks. And I don't think of us all as being strangers...we all help and support eachother which in my view makes us all friends :grouphugg:

Fancy you being in Northampton! I do go to Alicias group! She does 2 on a Thurs night which is handy for me as if I can't get to the one at 17.30 I can go to the later one at 19.00. My son comes too. I love Alicia...she's the best c I've had...and I've been through a few lol! How do you get on with her? My group is quite big but only about 20 normally stay for the whole session. It's in the pub but so far I've managed to stay away from temptation :innocent0002: although both the chef and the landlady come to group and are looking into putting sw meals on the menu! :woohoo:

We would LOVE you to join our dysfunctional joggers group hon!!! :8855: Do you wear a rather fetching disguise like wot I do...or is it full lycra and sweatbands like Capricorn? We have quite a mixture now of apparel, and I do like to get some idea of what my team mates are wearing so I blend in well!!! :banana dancer:

Would be great to stay in touch,

love Dawn xx

I love the concept of the dysfunctional joggers - however, does anyone else think that the more running we do, the less dysfunctional we will become, I'm seeing a flaw...!!!

Hope you are ok today Dawn xxx

Dunno wot I'm doing wrong but I'm becoming more dysfunctional with every run I do :eek: First it was my ankle...now my knee! :rolleyes: Really gotta try to get some running shoes tomorrow and see if that helps! xx

I'm better today thanks Laura xx

There's a really good shop on St Leonard's Road, where they watch you walk, and check your feet, and stuff. I believe it's called The Running Shop. Catchy name!

It's the full disguise for me. I go for the pirate kit: eye patch, hook, the works! Still hunting for a parrot, though.

And I'm glad you like Alicia. I'm not that impressed, I'm afraid. But I keep going, cos it's working for me.

Hi all,

Dad's all settled in the hospice and in fairly good spirits, considering he didn't really want to go in. When I went in to see him, he was all tucked up in bed in the same room as 5 weeks ago. Its a fabulous place, only 3 beds to a ward, with a bathroom on the ward, and Dads bed is next to the window which overlooks the beautiful gardens. The doctors had all been to see him and gave him a thorough examination, and they had a good chat with him and Shirley. They are already changing some of his meds, and are seeking further advice from other doctors. They are very concerned about the deformity of Dads hip replacement, so have requested another xray at the hospital on thursday before his appt with the surgeon. Until he's had that appt, they won't decide on a proper plan of action, if any. In the meantime I know they will do all they can to ease his pain and tempt him to eat, so I'm a bit happier with the situation now.
Thank you so much for your kind messages :sign0168:

As for the rest of the day...

Another lie in...I am SO not gonna want to get up for work on Thursday :eek: Waited for Gwyn to finish some paperwork off then set off to go to Mums for a second session of fence painting. Andrew came too, but went in his own car. Wow...it was so hot!!! Anyway, after about an hour my brother Dave arrived with my gorgeous 3yr old niece Maddy. He soon set about sawing down some overgrown shrubs, and digging up some old tree stumps. Two trips to the tip later and the garden was looking a whole lot better! There's still a lot to do but we're getting there.

Left about 17.00 to go up to the hospice, had an hour with Dad and then gave Shirley a lift home. On the way we stopped off at DS2's new flat so she could have a nose, and she really loved it.

Now I'm sitting here with Gwyn, watching the Biggest loser USA and drying the tears that are rolling down my face!!! It's makeover week and God do they look amazing!

Have a nice day tomorrow guys xx

Todays Food

28g fruit n fibre (B)
175mls s milk (1/2 A)

no lunch again...painting! :rolleyes:

ham/beef salad
jacket spud
21g cheddar cheese (1/2 A)
1/2 f butter (3)
salad cream (2)

options hot choc (2)

Total syns:- 7
Exercise:- ?5 hours fence painting...again? :sign0009:

Hi Dawn,

Pleased to hear about your Dad. I hope that even if they are waiting for the surgeons opinion, they can sort his pain out before then. How lovely to hear that you have great family around you. That makes such a difference. I am also very impressed with your activity today in the heat - well done :) Fancy coming to mine to help out ???!

Gail x

Hi Dawn,

I am also very impressed with your activity today in the heat - well done :) Fancy coming to mine to help out ???!

Gail x

I'm on my way...:shifter:

Just one word of warning...I have yet to to shower all this blue paint off (I did get SOME on the fence)...so if you don't mind a 13stone smurf upsetting the neighbours, I'm your girl!!!
:8855:

Great :) Are you running or walking here ? Should see you in a few weeks then ;)

Thanks for the offer - much appreciated :D

Gail x

Night, night - I'm going to bed before I wander into the syns tin again (not today, yesterday !!) :)

Great :) Are you running or walking here ? Should see you in a few weeks then ;)

Gail x

OMG!!! Well that's really done it now!!! PMSL!!!...SERIOUSLY!!! :8855:

Nite nite ;)

Thanks for the offer - much appreciated :D

Gail x

Night, night - I'm going to bed before I wander into the syns tin again (not today, yesterday !!) :)

:rotflmao:

Have you de-smurfed yourself yet bestie?

:rotflmao:

Have you de-smurfed yourself yet bestie?

Bloody stupid PERMANENT blue paint...

smurfette.jpg

Hi folks :wavey:

Busy day today!

Finally got to sort out the cupboard under the stairs :eek: Now I remember why I've been putting it off for months :fear: Only one trip to the tip required though :rolleyes:

Had lunch then gorgeous hubby says "are we going to get these running shoes then? I'll buy them for you"!!! Bless him!!! He knew I was gona wait till after I'd insured my car at the end of the month cos Ill be skint. So off we went to JJB's and were very well looked after by a really lovely young lad who clearly knew what he was talking about. I did feel a real fraud in there though, amongst all those real sporty people!!! Anyway, the lad checked my feet and then showed us some appropriate shoes, and I ended up getting quite a nice pair. Then he bought me a pair of joggers and a sports bra too! :D

After shopping, went to see Dad at the hospice. They have him on bed rest until he's been seen by his ortho surgeon tomorrow. He had a good nights sleep last night so he was fairly bright today. Still in pain of course but bearing up well. Shirley was there too, so we all had a nice natter for a couple of hours.

It was gone 19.00 when we got home, still light, but I decided to bite the bullet and try out the new kit...even though it wasn't DARK!!! Hope you are all suitably impressed with that, dysfunctional team mates!!! So I came downstairs, in all my glorious kit, to find gorgeous hubby had donned his table tennis shoes and was coming with me!!! He really is so lovely! He can't run as he has severe asthma and copd, but he said he wanted to keep me company and would just walk while I did my stuff. So thats what we did. I was a bit embarrassed the first time I ran cos I think I must look REALLY silly :banana dancer: but he said I didn't have anything to worry about and wasn't as bad as I thought. I found the run very hard though...left knee feels like theres a hot needle being stabbed into it every time my foot hits the pavement...so I think I'm gonna leave the next run until the pain has totally gone. I'm hoping that the new shoes will make all the difference and that it won't recur.

Gonna post my food then off to bed as work tomorrow :( At least I can make sure Dads ambulance is on time to take him to the hospital tomorrow, and he certainly won't have to wait long for one to take him back to the hospice either! Few perks in my job but it's certainly handy when someone I know needs an ambulance!

Got on the scales today...NOTHING! Not even a sodding 1/2lb...so not looking forward to wi tomorrow night. Haven't done anything wrong or different that I can think of, apart from missing lunch a couple of times this week. Anyway, not gonna panic, well not till tomorrow night!

Have a good one ladies and gents xx

Todays Food

banana

crisp bread (1 1/2)
1/2 f butter (1 1/2)
21g 1/2 f cheddar (1/2 A)
2 spring onions
salad cream (1)

mushroom/onion/ham omelette
baked beans
sauce (2)
cheese (2)

175mls s milk (1/2 A)

Total syns:- 8 (forgot my heB!)
Exercise:- wk2 d2 C25K

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

TWINKLE

for sponsoring me in the Race for Life

:talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017:

ooooo your new gear sounds dead posh, hope your knee gets better soon
Stay off those scales till official weigh in
:asskick: (it just doesn't feel right me telling you off) Have a good day bestie

Woohoo to lovely hubby

Now Im not the only one wearing fetching running gear :happy036: - no more hiding under hoodies n caps for you young lady :nono: .. you can join the lycra brigade with me :p

Sounds like you have had a good day.... bless hubby -I have mine jogging too -he can't do it at PT at work as they knacker his knees -but at least with me I stop n start so he is fine with it...
off tomorrow to jog around the lake (Im going for twice around this time)-although I will jog until I need a rest then walk until I can jog again -
Hope the scales are kind to you in the morning :cross:
I will get off now and "visit" nicki. then Im off to the land of nod.. sleep well and hope tomorrow is a good one!!

Sorry guys, bad day.

Dads scan showed massive tumours, inoperable, no bone left in his pelvis or leg. The surgeon was shocked by Dads deterioration, and very sorry. He told Dad and Shirley that Dad would have to stay in the hospice...he's far too poorly to be allowed home. Not allowed out of bed or to even move himself on the bed. They're dosing him up now on morphine and other stuff. He's so brave, wants Shirley to write a list with him tomorrow of all the things that need sorting...changing the car over to her name...

Sorry. Really dont think I can write any more. Lots of love xxx

Back