Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Thanks bestie...actually its not stinking like I thought it would...just a bit smelly lol!

Wot r u up to sweet? Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Scrub that...stinking big time...computers all crashed so got patients and ambulances all over the place and I got no idea where they all are LOL! Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hello! :wavey:

Phew...glad todays over and I'm sitting here on the settee with gorgeous hubby, watching masterchef, and hoping that when I've worked my syns out I've got enough left for an options caramel hot choc :innocent0001:

Work was ok till the pc's went down. We rely on them so heavily and to try and run a service using paperwork is really hard...but we managed and they did come back on after about 30 mins.

Popped to see Dad after work. He's still having severe problems with the pain but I'm confident they will get it under control properly soon. He's still managing to eat which is obviously good news, but he told Shirley today that he doesn't think he has long.

Todays food

28g fruit n fibre (B)
125mls ss milk (1/2 A)

tinned salmon salad
salad cream (2)
apple
orange
new york style mullerlight yoghurt (1)

slice beef + mustard (1)
new pots
carrots
mixed veg
butter (2)
salad cream (2)
21g 1/2 f cheddar (1/2 A)
new york style mullerlight yoghurt (1)

options hot choc (3)

Total syns:- 12
Exercise:- none...still have knee pain :mad:

Have a good day xx

Oh dear, sounds like u have had a stressful day, hope u can relax now for the rest of the evening.

So sad for ur dad, but at least he is in the most capable of hands

Xxxxx

Scrub that...stinking big time...computers all crashed so got patients and ambulances all over the place and I got no idea where they all are LOL! Xx

Oh dear. I can imagine what a mess that was !!!!

Hello! :wavey:

Phew...glad todays over and I'm sitting here on the settee with gorgeous hubby, watching masterchef, and hoping that when I've worked my syns out I've got enough left for an options caramel hot choc :innocent0001:

Popped to see Dad after work. He's still having severe problems with the pain but I'm confident they will get it under control properly soon. He's still managing to eat which is obviously good news, but he told Shirley today that he doesn't think he has long.

Hi Dawn,

You are really amazing - I hope you realise that. (I'm sure it doesn't always feel that way, but I am pretty certain even though I've never met you that you are). Well done for writing stuff down. I know it helps me. And well done for keeping on with this despite life being unquestionably really difficult at the moment. I think you are doing the right thing by keeping up with SW and I have huge respect for you for that, however if you get to the point where it is just one more thing that is making you feel bad, then concentrate on the other bits of your life for that time and we'll see you back here with open arms when you're ready. (I'm not trying to be negative here but just don't want you making yourself feel bad if you can't manage at the moment).

I was so pleased to hear that your Dad's pain was under control so I hope they are able to manage it better again soon.

Well done for having a good food day and it was so lovely to hear about your your weekend :)

Gail x

Hi Dawn

Computers are fine when they're working well aren't they, ;) but I thank the 'techie gods' for them though, otherwise we wouldn't have all 'met' ;)

Glad to hear your work day ended more positively than it seemed to be at one point. Also glad your dad still has his appetite and I'm sure the pain will be shown the door lickety split :)
Sleep well dear heart, and sweet dreams :wavey:

Oh girls,

You are so lovely and supportive...thank you so very much :thankyou: Do you know, my c asked me at group how I was managing to stay focussed, and I said I wasn't doing anything different to anyone else there. But then when I told gorgeous hubby, he straight away said he has no doubts that it's all down to the support and friendship I have found on here :sign0168:

Well work was interesting today, some jobs needing a little more thought than normal which is a great way to make the day pass quicker. We did have one nightmare patient to transfer from the General to a nursing home about 30 mins away. All was going well until the ambulance pulled up outside the home...and she completely refused to let the crew take her off the vehicle! :mad: Flipping woman wanted us to take her home instead! It took over 30 mins of delicate negotiations to finally extract her peaceably from her seat and take her in to the home, with the promise of a nice cuppa and a chat! Had to laugh tho as when the ward booked her ambulance, they actually described her as "pleasantly confused"! :rolleyes: Bless her!

Dad's pain has been alot better today, and he looked more comfortable. The hospice has arranged for a mac nurse to meet us next week to discus Dads care. Apparently, even though he's bedridden and dying, there may be a way of nursing him at home for the time he has left. It would involve using 24hr palliative care nurses such as Marie Curie, but atm it's all up in the air. I don't want to get my hopes up but it's nice to know that there may be a chance of having him home.

I do hope all you ladies and gents are having a very good week. I can't believe I've got my wi tomorrow already!!! Doesn't seem 2 mins since the last one!

Todays food

28g fruit n fibre (B)
125 mls s milk (1/2 A)

ham/new pot salad
salad cream (2)
apple
orange
cheesecake yoghurt (1)

prawn salad
salad cream (2)
new pots
21g 1/2 f cheddar (1/2 A)
coleslaw (2)
yoghurt

G&T (3)

Total syns:- 10
Exercise:- no chance :sigh:

See you tomorrow xx

Fingers crossed for you Dawn (for your Dad). It's nice to know that there might be options available but then you can pick the best one for him at the time. It's good to be able to have some choice at a time like this.

Good luck for WI. I have my fingers crossed for you. I will be watching for your post :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Dawn, just dropped by your diary and read your recent posts and just wanted to say well done on being so brave. you're a real inspiration and I would never have guessed you were going through so much as your posts seem so chirpy and upbeat. Sending hugs for you and your dad. Xxxxxxxx

Also your hubby seems so lovely and sweet xxxxx

Hey Bestie,
Good luck at wi, not that you need it. Glad to hear that your dads pain is a little better, seems like he is being well looked after there.
Have a good day x x x

Hi guys,

thanks for your lovely posts xxx

Very busy day again today, but it was made all the more bearable by the fact that I have booked next week off! :bliss:

It's Shirleys birthday :candle1: next week and gorgeous hubby & I have found it very difficult to decide what to do for her under the circumstances. None of us feel like celebrating tbh, but we can't let it pass without doing something. So we have a bit of a plan...but we're not sure yet if it will come off. Shirleys mum, Edna, is 94 and lives in Norwich. Edna was supposed to come to come to see Dad and Shirley a few weeks ago with Shirleys sister but unfortunately she was ill and her doctor wouldn't let her come. So we are thinking we will pick her up on Wednesday, if she's ok, and have her to stay with with us for a few days. We'll arrange to meet Shirley at the hospice on her birthday...and then surprise her with her mum! Because of how poorly Dad is we haven't said anything to Edna yet, as we don't want to get her hopes up and then disappoint her if theres a problem. Also, Edna can get a bit confused and panicky, but she is totally amazing for 94! So we have decided to wait till after the weekend to ask her, and just hope that she's not doing anything else!

Short visit to Dad today as I finished work just after 16.00 and had wi at 17.30 so had to squeeze him in between. Sadly not much improvement with the pain yet :sigh:

Andrew and I had a really good result at wi tonight :D Andrew lost 3lbs and got his 1 1/2st award :party0049: and I lost 4lbs, got slimmer of the week, and would have been slimmer of the month if another lady hadn't given birth last week and lost 29lbs lol!!!

Then we came home and found Andrews car wouldn't start...called the AA...he said the distributor had gone :flamingmad: Only a few weeks ago it had £500 worth of welding to get it through its MOT ... bloody thing :rant2: So now poor Andrew is on Ebay looking for a 2nd hand one as we're certainly not paying out another £300 on a T reg car thats worth £600!!!

Ok, rant over! Hope you are all doing ok xx lots of love xx

Todays food

2 x wm toast (B)
1/2 f butter (1 1/2)
marmalade (2)
milk for tea (2)

slim a soup (3)
banana
yoghurt

jacket spud
1/2 f butter (1 1/2)
42g 1/2 f cheddar (A)
veg stir fry
dressing (1)

1/2 glass wine (3)
options hot choc (2)
mini cheesecake(!) (3)

Total syns:- 19! :bolt:
Exercise:- Nope :eek:

See you tomorrow xx :wavey:

Well done on your brilliant losses!

(Not to boast, or anything, but... have you noticed my TINY INSIGNIFICANT new shiny?)

Oh, and I keep meaning to ask: which choir does Gwyn sing in?
I'm in Northampton Bach Choir, and I know lots of singy people around town!

Well done on your brilliant losses!

(Not to boast, or anything, but... have you noticed my TINY INSIGNIFICANT new shiny?)

Oh, and I keep meaning to ask: which choir does Gwyn sing in?
I'm in Northampton Bach Choir, and I know lots of singy people around town!

Hi Sarah...new shiny...no idea what you're talking about...

unless you mean that GREAT BIG "TARGET" SHINY THAT MEANS YOU'VE LOST A WHOPPING AND RATHER SIGNIFICANT 5 ST AND 10 1/2LBS!!!

Well done Sarah...I'm incredibly pleased for you :D

Gwyn belongs to 2 choirs...The Weston Favell Singers, and The Boothville Community Choir. He has one of the loveliest voices I have ever heard, and I get so proud when I go to one of his concerts! You probably have some singing friends in common!

I haven't heard the Boothville lot, but I certainly know some people in the WF singers: WF is my church.
I'll have to make a point of going to their next concert now.

And yes, that is the tiny insignificant shiny that I was talking about.
I haven't come down off the ceiling yet!!!

And I was going to pop into the office to meet you next week - but if you're so inconsiderate as to be on leave, it'll have to wait, won't it!

I hope you have a relaxing week off, and that your dad's health allows your cunning plan to happen.

Oh sod it!!! Can't believe I'm gonna miss you next week!!! Maybe the following week if you're about...sort it nearer the time?

Small world! I know the choir members faces but I'm useless with names and Gwyns gone to bed. I know the conductor is Derek and his wife is Myfanwy, and there's a couple of Trevors, Bill and Gwen, David, Angela...now I've gone blank lol! xx

Never mind. I can come in any time.

And I'll have to check who actually sings with the Singers these days. Some of the ones I used to know have left the area. But I know some still do. I'm not going to church this weekend, so I can't check. But I will!

This is weird. We might even have met, without knowing it!

Lol! You could well be right! Spooky! But honestly you have changed so much in your photos if I had met you a few months ago I wouldn't have recognised you now!!!

Just come to bed and told Gwyn about u...he was wondering if u know Gill Allen from church, husband is called Mick and he's a coach driver? X

Last edited:
Back