Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

shenzi said:
The sun will be back out soon! We have just bought our barbecue as well, as once the gardener has been on Friday i am setting a date for a party so i hope it will pop out from behind the clouds! X

Hey everyone!

Party round Emmas!!!

Syn free wine and chocolate cake!!!

skinnydawn said:
Hey everyone!

Party round Emmas!!!

Syn free wine and chocolate cake!!!

Lol your all welcome, all beer wine barbecue items and cake at my house are sin free ;)

Hi girls and Max,

Forgot to post food last night so going to do it quickly now before going to work...

11/08/11 food EE

2 x wm toast (B)
butter (2)
marmite

250ml ss milk (A)

2 pieces sw roulade!
banana

chicken curry
rice
raita
chutney (3)
egg
sw roulade

Total syns:-5
Exercise:- 40 mins on ex husbands mean machine!

See you later Nat!!!

Attachments

• chicken curry.jpg
    chicken curry.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 28
Hello there Jim!

Thought you'd left me! ;) Popped by your diary earlier but u weren't about...I'll pop back later.

Maybe I'm eating too much spinach...

Not possible!!!

And no, I haven't left you.
I'm just still working through some stuff.
I'll be back soon.

Yes, I'll have 24 hours off over the weekend, but that is a genuine necessary break, involving drinking quite a lot at a wedding reception, and then being very supportive to my mother. And I'm happy with taking that time off because it's needed. But I'll be straight back afterwards.
Sarah - Rather than being "OFF" why don't you set a syns limit and take it as a flexi-day? Just a thought.

Hmmm, Bev. I could.
What I will do is be exceedingly good tomorrow until I start drinking in the evening. But then I might have quite a lot!
And on Saturday, the off plan bit is a Luxury Cream tea. Which involves scones, sandwiches, cake... and where I'm not prepared to cut back because that's the sole point of us being there.
However I will also be very good until we go out, and I'm pretty sure I won't want to eat when we get back!

So I won't exactly be on Flexi Days, but I'll be working around the bad bits as well as I can.

Is that ok?

. . .
So I won't exactly be on Flexi Days, but I'll be working around the bad bits as well as I can.

Is that ok?
Ok - I'll let you off then. :D

Last edited:
Yes, I have read that thread before.
I have mixed views.

On the one hand, it has definitely got a lot of calories in, and it's food that is being eaten possibly unnecessarily, in addition to a main meal.
On the other hand, SW is NOT a calorie controlled diet.
If it were, we wouldn't eat a heck of a lot of things that we're allowed.
And as long as the roulade is eaten in accordance with the general SW rules, ie 2/3 superfree, it SHOULDN'T cause any problems.

I think it's one of those things that we have to start to think about if/when losses slow down, if we're still doing everything else exactly as we should be. But then we have to reconsider lots of things when we get to that point: upping the superfree, or the superspeed, reducing the syns...

I suppose if we were all saints, we'd be following the over-riding SW (& general weight loss) principle, which is to eat until we're not hungry, rather than until we're almost fit to burst. In which case we'd rarely have puddings at all. But we're not saints, (most of us!!!), and being able to have a pudding within SW principles is pretty good. But we do have to bear in mind that it's an extra on top of our main meal, and not do it ALL of the time.

So - yes the thread makes sense, and is worth thinking about. But you can't NEVER eat nice extras!

Moderation in all things.

(How boring.)

Good Luck tonight Dawn got everything crossed for you.

Enjoy meeting Nattymo.

Well ????? from me as well,:D

hugs :hug99:

Hi folks!!!

Well...let's start by saying we are a very relieved & happy :bunnydance: tonight! Phew!

I lost 3 lbs which was enough to give me my 4 1/2 st shiny!!! :wee:

Andrew lost 3 1/2 lbs to get his 2st shiny AND joint SOTW!!! :woohoo:

Nat only gained 1/2 lb which was fabulous considering her birthday celebrations and romantic break in Paris :party0011: AND she won the raffle lol!!! :winner:

So we had a really good night!

I want to say a big :thankyou: to you guys for putting up with my moans over the last 3 weeks :rolleyes: You've all been so helpful with good ideas and moral support...:sign0168: (sorry Sarah if that's a bit nice but that includes you too! ;) ) I was so convinced that I was going to be stuck forever but you kept me at it :copon: and it worked in the end :bliss:

In fact my day has just been great! I met up with spinach Sarah for a cuppa at lunch time which was good fun. We had a good old natter :secret: Sarah you are such good company!!!

And then of course it was a mad rush after work to get home, changed and back out to fat club to meet the lovely Nattymo!!! I ran up the stairs and looked around for her and this beautiful young woman jumped up and gave me great big :hug99: Well we chatted and chatted and I had a really good evening...thanks Nat :flowers: And Nat...you're sooo pretty hun! You look so young! :jelous: Hope we can meet up again soon, if not next week then maybe the week after xx

Right food next...EE

42g weetabix crunchy bran (B)
250ml ss milk (A)

slim a soup (3)
apple
banana
yoghurt

2 x tesco cumberland sausages (2)
spuds
green beans
carrots
mayo (2)