Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Whoop well done slimmer of the week! Shame about the slimmer of the month, did make me giggle :rotflmao: and then nearly wet myself when i told hubbs and he said "bloody hell that's a big baby" :copon: men! Have a good day bestie x

.Nicki. said:
Whoop well done slimmer of the week! Shame about the slimmer of the month, did make me giggle :rotflmao: and then nearly wet myself when i told hubbs and he said "bloody hell that's a big baby" :copon: men! Have a good day bestie x

Hahahaha! OMG, PMSL!! Thanks bestie...I needed that! Just told hubby wot yr hubbs said...we're in fits! Bless him...that would be a whopper wudnt it! You have a lovely day too hun xx

Lazing in bed with a nice cuppa and gorgeous hubby atm. Love days like this where we haven't really got any plans, other than to see Dad, and can pretty much take the day as it comes. Such a change from work days!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Just come to bed and told Gwyn about u...he was wondering if u know Gill Allen from church, husband is called Mick and he's a coach driver? X

Oh yes, I know Gill very well!

Right. That's it. We're going to have to meet now. We're BOUND to have people in common. I can feel a good gossip coming on!

But now...

... now I'm off to MK, clothes shopping for my new slinky wardrobe.

Whoop whoop!

Ooh SHOPPING! Let me know what you get when you get back an HAVE FUN!

We are so gonna meet up! Just said to gorgeous hubby about all these coincidences.....
There are thousands of members on here yet we managed to talk to eachother...
We live in the same town...
We work at the same hospital...
You have walked past my car every time u went swimming...
We have mutual friends...

Really amazing! Gill taught me at school years ago, and Gwyn taught at the same school! Infact Gill and Gwyn started on the same day in 1961, and as they lived really close they used to give eachother lifts!

Anyway, have a lovely day and make sure you spend all your hard earned nhs wages LOL! Xx

Lots of WOW's !

First Dawn (because it's your thread) - amazing loss this week. And I also giggled when I read why you didn't win SOTM and PMSL at Nicki's husband's comment !!! You should be soooooo proud. What a star

Second - Sarah - CONGRATULATIONS. What a FANTASTIC achievement just in time for your 1 yr anniversary if your stats are correct. I am just sooooo impressed. Bet you never thought that this is how you would feel and look now when you started this last year. A huge well done and thanks from many of us for being one of the inspirations that keep us going. I remember seeing you posting when I first started on Minimins and thinking how well you were doing but great to see now a few months down the line that you have continued with that.

Dawn - lovely idea for Shirley's birthday. I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes smoothly. You are so sweet for having thought of those plans. How fantastic to have such great family around you :)

Have a lovely weekend.

Gail x

Thanks Gail!

I have to say its been a real rollercoaster of a week, ups and downs all over the place. But we have coped, thanks to your help and support and that of all my other wonderful friends on here xx

I hope you all have a really super weekend xxx

Evening all!

What a lovely wedding we all enjoyed today! I didn't think I was too bothered tbh, but Gorgeous hubby put the TV on cos he thought I'd want to watch it...and I was hooked! I thought it was absolutely perfect...apart from that stupid hat contraption one of prince Andrew daughters was wearing...she looked like she had a pair of antlers stuck to her forehead!
9530397-standard.jpg

After it was all over, gorgeous hubby did a few jobs in the garden while I cooked dinner, watching Come Dine With Me!

Took Andrew to work and then went to see Dad. They have increased his morphine patches in an attempt to deaden this bloody awful pain but it will be a while before we know if it has helped. Poor Dad is really struggling now...this pain is bringing him down and he's really had enough of it. It never damn well goes away completely and is really depressing him :cry: He's getting irritable and angry (the food is rubbish/the telly is rubbish/ the footie was rubbish...) but who can blame him? He said today he just wished they could dose him right up so he could sleep it away. But we moved him up the bed, sorted his bedding out which was all over the place, put his tv on...and then the ketamine kicked in so he perked up a bit. Just a shame it doesn't last more than 20 mins.

Back home and poured a rather generous glass of red wine for myself and gorgeous hubby, watching the rugby, and wondering what to have for supper...noodles and cheese I think.

Take care all and see you tomorrow xx

Todays food

28g fruit n fibre (B)
125 mls ss milk (1/2 A)

pork medallion
new pots
carrots
peas
leeks/onions/red pepper fried in frylight
apple sauce (3)
yoghurt

wine (6)
noodles
21g 1/2 f cheddar (1/2 A)

options hot choc (2)

Total syns:- 11
Exercise:- :rolleyes:

Hi Dawn!

I too enjoyed the wedding despite saying I wasn't going to watch it! I thought those outfits were ridiculous too though, both of them looked awful!! I was also quite unimpressed by the church, having heard tales of this "unconventional wedding" they were organising... Oh well everyone likes a good wedding and other than that it was good. I thought it was a shame they were both so nervous. Kate's dress was nice and her sister looked amazing! I noticed Harry murmured something to Will when Kate first appeared and we wondered if anyone had lipread what it was?! Answers on a postcard?!

So sorry to hear how much your dad is suffering. You are being very brave Dawn.

Hope you enjoy your weekend with that lovely hubby xxxxx

Cheers jules!

I'm up to page 17 on yr diary now...u are keeping me entertained with all yr stories lol! And as we never go to the cinema I like reading yr film reviews too!

Gonna get back to it now while I have my cuppa in bed with gorgeous hubby!

Had a bit of news late last night...daughter text to say bf had taken her for a walk on the beach and proposed! OMG! They're only 19! (I got married at 19 and it was a disaster). Anyway after nearly giving me a coronary, and having picked poor Gwyn up off the floor after he'd finished hyperventilating lol, she sheepishly text back saying it was something they were discussing for the future! Phew! Apparently I think she has a commitment ring rather than an engagement ring...I don't know! Anyway I suppose we'll get all the details when they come back.

I can see the sun is out today so think we will walk to the garden centre this morning. They hav a fruit and veg market stall there on sat morns and their stuff is fantastic quality and really cheap.

Then I'm going to clean the carpets and mow the lawn, have lunch and settle down wiv gorgeous hubby to watch the rugby. We shall go and see dad afterwards for a few hrs.

Right! I'm off to read some more of jules diary...see you all later.

Have a good day folks xx

Oh the joys of being 19, actually i think i had just met hubby then. Hmmm well hope you have recovered from the shock, have you had the full story yet?
x

Oh the joys of being 19, actually i think i had just met hubby then. Hmmm well hope you have recovered from the shock, have you had the full story yet?
x

Nope...not yet...Vicki knows my views on marrying young :mad:

She did ring earlier but I was about to drive so couldn't talk to her properly. As far as I know they are engaged :confused:, but as they have no money to pay for a wedding, nowhere to live, and not much chance of getting their own place for at least 10 years I'm hopeful that it will be a long engagement!!! :8855:

They come home on Monday...watch this space ;)

How long have they been together?
I have a school friend who got engaged at 18, they're still together but still not married and she's 26 now! So long engagements seem to be in fashion, wished i'd just stayed engaged weddings are a pain in the backside! xx xx

Wow, best of luck on that one Dawn ;) I wish my mum had put her foot down when I was 17 and said I was getting married, however, as much as hindsight is a wonderful thing, it is also a double edged sword, because if she had I probably wouldn't have had my two beautiful boys or gone on to meet my second/current most wonderful hubby. First marriage lasted 6years but now I've been married 22years come Tuesday :D

Hope your dad is a little more comfy and the pain is being controlled better than of late :)

Thinking of you all lots
Mo x

Hope you're right bestie...not in the mood to be buying a new wedding hat...:mad:

They've been together 3 years...they're each others first boyfriend and girlfriend. He's a nice enough lad, but they both have a lot of growing up and living to do before they land themselves with a mortgage and kids.

I got engaged on my 18th birthday, married 2 months after my 19th, was pregnant within 6 months, had 3 children by the time I was 25, separated at 26 and divorced at 28. I really dont have a lot of faith in kids getting married. I'm gonna tell them that a long engagement is DEFO on the cards lol!

Wow, best of luck on that one Dawn ;) I wish my mum had put her foot down when I was 17 and said I was getting married, however, as much as hindsight is a wonderful thing, it is also a double edged sword, because if she had I probably wouldn't have had my two beautiful boys or gone on to meet my second/current most wonderful hubby. First marriage lasted 6years but now I've been married 22years come Tuesday :D

Hope your dad is a little more comfy and the pain is being controlled better than of late :)

Thinking of you all lots
Mo x

Thanks Mo xx

Your past sounds just the same as mine. Mum and Dad hated my ex and didn't want me to marry him, but the more they protested the more I turned against them. When Dad said he wouldn't come to the wedding, Mum relented and told him that I was obviously going ahead with it come what may, and he could either lose his daughter or gain a son. Like you, with hindsight, I wish they had been firmer with me...but also like you I wouldn't then have had my children :confused: And I love my 2nd husband more than life itself. I feel I know what love is now, but I didn't back then. I was 17, still at school doing A levels, and flattered when a 29yr old man showed an interest in me. Looking back, and having a daughter of my own, I can see my parents had good reason to be upset!

Dad seemed a lot easier today thank you...the increased morphine patches have started to have a effect thank goodness xx

Hi folks :wavey:

Well I think most of todays news is already on here so I'll keep this fairly short ;)

I did get the lawn mowed...but I didn't clean the carpets cos the blooming machine makes so much noise and I didn't want to wake Andrew up (he worked a 13hr night shift at Tesco last night).

Had a nice walk up to the garden centre and bought a lovely little pink watering can for my little niece Maddy, some stakes for the trees, and some veg.

Watched 2 good games of rugby this afternoon...now we know we will play Leinster in the Heineken cup final IF we beat Perpignan tomorrow :cross:

Afterwards we popped up to see Dad and found him quite a bit better than yesterday. The new morphine dose has taken the edge off the pain again, although its still there in the background. But Dad managed to eat some lunch and tea today. They did have an awful upset in there today as the young man in the next bed died unexpectedly, and his wife was there on her own, so she turned to Dad and Shirley for comfort. Apparently she lay with her head on Dads chest, sobbing her heart out, and of course Dad and Shirley cried with her. It must have been absolutely dreadful for them all.

On the way home we picked up a Chinese takeaway which was very nice. We bought 2 curries and 2 rice and shared it with Andrew so not sure of the syns. Whatever the amount, we all enjoyed it and it was worth it!

I'm popping up to bed now but will probably have a nose at some diaries on my mob so may chat to you later xx

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday xx

Todays Food

28g fruit and fibre (B)
125mls ss milk (1/2 A)

2 x boiled eggs
veg stir fry
cheesecake youhurt (1)

chinese curry and rice (?9)
wine (6)
jelly/yoghurt mousse

Total syns:- ?16
Exercise:- mowed lawn
1.9k walk (very pleased as knee still painful but trying to slowly build up to jogging again)

skinnydawn said:
Cheers jules!

I'm up to page 17 on yr diary now...u are keeping me entertained with all yr stories lol! And as we never go to the cinema I like reading yr film reviews too!

Gonna get back to it now while I have my cuppa in bed with gorgeous hubby!

Had a bit of news late last night...daughter text to say bf had taken her for a walk on the beach and proposed! OMG! They're only 19! (I got married at 19 and it was a disaster). Anyway after nearly giving me a coronary, and having picked poor Gwyn up off the floor after he'd finished hyperventilating lol, she sheepishly text back saying it was something they were discussing for the future! Phew! Apparently I think she has a commitment ring rather than an engagement ring...I don't know! Anyway I suppose we'll get all the details when they come back.

I can see the sun is out today so think we will walk to the garden centre this morning. They hav a fruit and veg market stall there on sat morns and their stuff is fantastic quality and really cheap.

Then I'm going to clean the carpets and mow the lawn, have lunch and settle down wiv gorgeous hubby to watch the rugby. We shall go and see dad afterwards for a few hrs.

Right! I'm off to read some more of jules diary...see you all later.

Have a good day folks xx

Ooh I'm so flattered that you are reading my diary, glad you find it entertaining lol! I do ramble a fair bit but ho hum! I havent been to the cinema in ages now compared to what we were doing. There really aren't many good films on at the moment although we should really be out in the sunshine anyway when it's like this.

I completely feel for you about your daughter. On the one hand I'm sure you feel like you're glad she is happy but I totally get what you're saying. I am 25 so not looooads older than your daughter but I already feel like I am so so so much mote worldly wise than I was at 19. When I think back on some of the things I used to do and the attitudes I had at that age. I feel like a different person! I had a bf at 19 who I was very much in love with but our situations changed and we werent built to last. Now I am with my bf and i feel sure I want to be with him forever and I look back at my other bf and although i am actually still very fond of him i see that things werent quite right. Of course I know I am young still and things could change but I feel like I have a clearer idea of what I want now!

Sorry this has turned into me rambling about me but I guess what I'm saying is I'm glad I didn't get married at 19!!!!

Hope you've had a good weekend. Hope the situation with your dad is ok. I looked at your fundraising page and found your story so moving. I'm sorry that you have lost so many people to cancer. I am lucky that I haven't so when I am doing my run I will be thinking of other people not so fortunate and hoping that my loved ones remain fit and healthy. Thanks Dawn! xxxxxx

Ooh I'm so flattered that you are reading my diary, glad you find it entertaining lol! I do ramble a fair bit but ho hum! I havent been to the cinema in ages now compared to what we were doing. There really aren't many good films on at the moment although we should really be out in the sunshine anyway when it's like this.

I completely feel for you about your daughter. On the one hand I'm sure you feel like you're glad she is happy but I totally get what you're saying. I am 25 so not looooads older than your daughter but I already feel like I am so so so much mote worldly wise than I was at 19. When I think back on some of the things I used to do and the attitudes I had at that age. I feel like a different person! I had a bf at 19 who I was very much in love with but our situations changed and we werent built to last. Now I am with my bf and i feel sure I want to be with him forever and I look back at my other bf and although i am actually still very fond of him i see that things werent quite right. Of course I know I am young still and things could change but I feel like I have a clearer idea of what I want now!

Sorry this has turned into me rambling about me but I guess what I'm saying is I'm glad I didn't get married at 19!!!!

Hope you've had a good weekend. Hope the situation with your dad is ok. I looked at your fundraising page and found your story so moving. I'm sorry that you have lost so many people to cancer. I am lucky that I haven't so when I am doing my run I will be thinking of other people not so fortunate and hoping that my loved ones remain fit and healthy. Thanks Dawn! xxxxxx

Hi Jules,

You talk a lot of sense for some one so young! Thank you for your lovely post. I really am enjoying your diary...but I'd have to tw*t some of those kids and their parents one lol!!! Gorgeous hubby is a retired teacher, but he only taught in the private girls school that I went to...and we were all boringly well behaved young ladies lol! (well...in front of the teachers we were :giggle:

You deserve a blooming medal imo!!!

Hi all,

Hope you've all had a nice Sunday xx

I had a lovely busy morning while Gwyn was at church. Tidied up the utility room, threw out all the out of date cereals in the kitchen, got some washing on the line, and cooked a really tasty lasagne for lunch.

Then we settled down to watch the WONDERFUL Northampton Saints sail through to the final of the Heineken Cup final :happy036: :bliss: :party0049: What a brilliant match...we were AWESOME!!! And thank goodness we did as we have the Saints coach Dorian Wests parents coming round for a cuppa tomorrow lol! Gorgeous hubby lived in the same little mining village in Wales when they were growing up, and they all went to school with each other, knew each others parents etc. We normally only meet up with them in the bar after a home match as they live in Leicester, but they rang up last week to see if they can come round. So it will be nice to see them, and no doubt we will dissect the match!!!

Went to see Dad after the match but he was is a bad way :wave_cry: The meds weren't touching the pain, and he was in agony. One of the nurses, Deirdre, gave him yet another different pain killer and thank God it worked within a few minutes. She's going to talk to the doctors tomorrow about reviewing Dads meds again and maybe giving him a syringe driver, or a nerve block. When we left him he was much more comfortable, and a little sleepy.

I rang Shirleys Mum Edna tonight to see if she'd like us to pick her up and bring her to stay for a few days...well she almost burst into tears! She's so lonely, even though she lives in a nice warden controlled flat and has some friends there. She kept telling me she hadn't got any posh clothes to wear! And she said how lucky it was that she'd just washed all her pants! :8855: She really is an absolute gem! So we will be taking a little trip to Norfolk on Wednesday :)

Oh dear...son no. 2 Daniel has just text to say his girlfriend had seen on fb that there had been a stabbing near us! When we came back from the hospice, the cul de sac next to ours was all cordoned off, and there were 5 or 6 police cars there, and a young woman crying. Really hope its not serious.

Todays Food

2 x wm toast (B)
1/2 f butter (2)
125mls ss milk (1/2 A)
banana

sw lasagne (1/2 A)
salad
sw humus
salad cream (2)
raw carrot
jelly/yoghurt mousse

G&T (2 1/2)
banana

Total syns:- 7
Exercise:- none again :mad:

Oh no, I hope the stabbing won't turn into a more serious inquiry :(

Great to hear that you had a good day :)

Glad that they eventually got your Dad comfortable although frustrating that they can't do that all the time :(

What do you use for your white sauce in the lasagne ? I have a friend coming over on Thursday who is quite fussy about what she eats. I'm not sure whether to make something with milk and cornflour and syn it or whether to buy a packet of white sauce and syn it, or make something syn free with quark/yoghurt and egg ? Any thoughts ?

Thanks very much.

Gail x

Back