Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Yum yum, I wish I could make SW friendly cakes but I'm not a great cook (certainly not a good baker) and I don't own a food processor :(

Well done on your loss tonight. I'm not that surprised (because you are truly fantastic) but I am extremely impressed !!!

(Am still having a really great time on holiday so don't worry :))

Gail x

:happy096: Well done on your loss lovely lady -what an inspiration you are :flowers:

Now stop spreading vicious fibs about Jim -you are spoiling her reputation don't ya know -telling folks that she is all soft n squidgy -she knows where to find you now and may have to come and :asskick: just to restore her image , :eek:
*it's all right Jim -I won't believe the gossip* :p

Sounds like you are keeping nice n busy -just make sure you get some time to get those trotters up and rest..

Take care :hug99:

Evening all xx

Well I have been a fairly good girl today. Managed to finally stick the newspaper articles and photos onto Dads board, just needs a bit of tweaking here and there. Really starting to dread the funeral now though :cry:

Shirley popped round to see how things were going, and she brought a little box with some of Dads hair in it. We had asked the undertaker for it, as we would both like to keep a small reminder of Dad in a locket. Hope that doesn't sound too weird...I'm hoping it will be a comfort.

This afternoon Andrew picked up my niece Maddy as she was coming to sleep over tonight. She's an absolute joy to have, and wonderful company. After tea we all decided to surprise Shirley with a visit, so we walked round to see her. She was so pleased to see us! I think she gets very lonely now she hasn't got Dad to talk to. So we had a good natter, and she twisted my arm into having a couple of gins :rolleyes:

Now we're all tucked up in bed so I have a few minutes to indulge myself on my favourite forum with my best muckers :gen126:

Hope you guys are all doing ok xx

Todays Food

28g bran flakes (B)
175mls s milk (1/2 A)

Ryvita (part of B)
butter (1 1/2)
tinned salmon
velvet crunch (4)
salad cream (2)
yoghurt

2 eggs
bacon
beans
banana
sauce (1)

2 x G&T (5)

Total syns: 13 1/2
Exercise: 1.5k walk

Here's Andy and mum doing mums fence

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110604_000025.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110604_000025.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 45
  • ForumRunner_20110604_000132.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110604_000132.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 46
And here's the memory board for my lovely Dad

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110604_000430.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110604_000430.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 47
  • ForumRunner_20110604_000537.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110604_000537.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 49
  • ForumRunner_20110604_000704.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110604_000704.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 43
  • ForumRunner_20110604_000816.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110604_000816.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 43
  • ForumRunner_20110604_000918.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110604_000918.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 41
  • ForumRunner_20110604_001029.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110604_001029.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 39
Oh, that's so lovely. I am certain that everyone will love that.

I know you are dreading the funeral. I can't imagine just how difficult it will be for you. But I hope that as well as the sadness that comes with the funeral, there will be the chance to see just how much he was loved by people, to share in the wonderful memories that you have of someone who was so important to you all and to be surrounded by friends and family at this difficult time. It will be a mixed day for you I'm sure but one that is very important for you all. The next few days will be really difficult, and then the ones after that too. Hopefully we can just send you positive thoughts and big hugs - it won't make things any better but it might comfort you a bit. Big hugs Dawn.

Gail xxxx

Ok, I know it will ruin my reputation, but I'm just dropping by to check you're ok, not having "seen" you about for a couple of days.

Hope things are still manageable.

Right, that's the end of me being nice.
Normal service will be resumed shortly.

Hi Dawn,

Hope you're ok. Although you haven't posted here, I think you have been around though ? Thinking of you.

Gail x

Hi guys,

Thanks for your lovely posts...it is nice to be missed xx You're right Gail, I do pop on for 5 mins here and there throughout the day but sometimes I just don't feel I can post. Don't know why, but I do like to keep up with what you are all up to!

Had a pretty good couple of days, both food wise and keeping busy.

My gorgeous niece Maddie stayed overnight on Friday so she kept us entertained! On Saturday morning we played skittles in the garden (with old pop bottles 1/2 filled with water) and then made chocolate crispy cakes. Vicki and Matt decided to take Maddie to Matts cricket match, so off they went armed with a football, picnic, blanket and one very excited 3 yr old!
Shirley and I went down to the little graveyard in the village and tidied up my nans grave. Dad wants his ashes to be scattered there, and also with his dad at the crematorium. But the whole graveyard is very overgrown as the council hav apparently found rare flowers growing there and are refusing to now it, despite several complaints! So Shirley and I set to and cleared a large section around nans grave. We will be placing Dads flowers there on Tuesday after the funeral.
Tonight Gwyn and I went to Birmingham to see a Welsh male voice choir concert with a group of friends from Gwyns choir. It was a wonderful evening and a nice break from things for a few hours. I really enjoyed it all but my favourite part was at the very end when we were asked to stand to sing the Welsh national anthem! My hubby has just the most beautiful voice, and he totally BELTED that anthem out! He's very patriotic bless him!
Well better go now, look at some diaries. It's nearly 1am and I'm in bed with a cheeky little G&T, and an even cheekier little hubby! He left a lovely card on the bed tonite saying how he knows there are no words to overcome the great loss I feel, and that he will try to help by offering all his love and support. He really is a lovely man.
As Tuesday draws nearer, I'm getting more and more worked up about it. Glad I have a busy day tomorrow. My brother is coming to help finish off the memory board, we hav to take the flower cards to the florist, we need to go to the Yeoman to see what time we can get in on Tues to drop the board off, and I need to make lots of cakes! So...might not get on here tomorrow till late. Apologies for not posting like I usually do...hopefully I will get back to my 'normal' self soon xx
Take care all, lots of love xx

Awwwww, you totally deserve treating like that Dawn. Please thank your hubby for me :)

Don't worry if you don't post in the next few days. You have plenty on. As long as I know you're ok, then that's fine. I suspect you will be here for short periods because it's nice to lose yourself in 'normal' (I know we're not quite 'normal' here but you know what I mean :p) things when everything around you is not.

I will be thinking of you and your family but will post again (hopefully) tomorrow night.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Hi Dawn, just wanted to say you are coping really well and don't worry about posting! You still sound do positive and upbeat,that's great. Your display board looks ace, I'm sure everyone will love it. I like your idea of a game of skittles with pop bottles! Also your hubby sounds lovely xxxx

Just want to say that I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Dawn. I hope that amongst the sadness that you remember the most wonderful memories of an amazing man.

Gail x

Thankyou Gail, Emmaline and Jules, I'm scared about today tbh xx.

I hope it goes as well as (or preferably better than) can be expected.

I know it's going to be a hard day, but you may find, surprisingly, that it can be a good one too. And it is at least the last of the impossibly difficult things to do. And it will give you some good memories as well as some very tough ones.

Hang in there, mate. You can do it. We're all rooting for you.
Do what you really need to do, and don't be too hard on yourself.

xx

As difficult as today will be Dawn you will always have wonderful memories, and today you will actually make some more. Your dad will live on in your hearts, in the happiness you knew and in the dreams you shared.
Thinking of you
Mo xx

Hi Dawn
Sending you big hugs for today.:grouphugg:

I'm sure by the end of the day you'll feel totally drained but maybe that now the funeral is over you feel a bit of a weight has been lifted too, they are awful things to be waiting for aren't they? Strange as it sounds just try and take it all in today and you'll see just how much your dad was loved and admired and WOW, that memory board is fantastic, you've done him proud there my love!

And what a lovely man your hubby is, I'm sure you're going to be just fine with him to look after you.

Much love to you all, thinking of you xxxxxxxx

Back