Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Dawn - did I read something somewhere about you coming up to the Lakes soon ?? When and which route are you coming ? Anywhere near Manchester ??!

Gail x

Hi Gail,

Yes, we're coming up on the 25th, staying in Cockermouth (BEHAVE Jot!!!) for a week xx

Gwyn usually sorts out which route we take but I'm sure we go on the M6...

Hi Gail,

Yes, we're coming up on the 25th, staying in Cockermouth (BEHAVE Jot!!!) for a week xx

Gwyn usually sorts out which route we take but I'm sure we go on the M6...

Me???????

Actually, in the light of previous (& ongoing) conversations on this thread, the thought that was uppermost in my mind was this one:

So there!!!

Attachments

• cockerel.jpg
    cockerel.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 14
Evening guys xx

Had such a lovely day :) nothing spectacularly amazing but really nice all the same.

I have to confess to getting up rather late as I was on here till goodness knows what time last night!
Managed to avert a disaster at the last minute when I picked up the toothpaste instead of my "special" cream lol! And had a lovely chat on the phone with a good friend.
Then Gwyn and I went to Shirleys to water her tomatoes in the greenhouse...felt a bit of an idiot as it had been pouring down.
My brother called as its my little nieces 4th bday today and we arranged that he and the family would call in on their way from going bowling. I made a rather big chocolate birthday cake, and covered it in chocolate fudge icing, white choc buttons, maltesers and choc flakes! And all obviously syn free as EVERYONE knows that bday cake is free lol! ;)
But I did redeem myself tonight as I made the chicken tikka curry which is on the sw website. It was so delicious, I was v surprised!
Vicki came back from town today with a few essentials for our race for life tomorrow...angel wings, tiaras, wands, glitter and garlands! Shud be fun getting ready tomorrow mornin!

Todays food

28g fruit and fibre (B)
Splash s milk (2)

Ryvita (1 1/2)
Salmon
Salad cream (1)

2 x wine (12)
Bday Cake (10)
Sw chicken tikka curry and rice

Total syns:- 26 1/2 oops!
Exercise:- none

Oh dear...just woken up on Sunday morning and found I fell asleep without sending my post...must have been the wine! Xx

Morning Dawn :wavey:

:bestwishes: for your RFL. I can imagine this
no%20no%20angel.gif
being your real costume :rotflmao:

Make sure this guy >
banana_wgun.gif
is facing the right way when starting the race :eek:

My friend
pooh.gif
and I will be cheering you all on, but don't go overworking your knee or you could be headed for :character00264: :ambulance:

And, most importantly, HAVE FUN
spin%20smiley.gif

Love
Mo xx

Ooh thanks guys!

Woke up this morning and had a bit of moment...think the fathers day bit hit me all of a sudden :'( I saw messages on fb from people wishing their Dads a happy day...Anyway, I put one on for my dad too. I'm thinking that today might be harder than I thought.

But I have the race to concentrate on! Vicki and I are starting to get excited about it now! And I'm sure I won't be the only fat pink fairy wobbling round the course...PLEASE! My vicki is so gorgeous all eyes will b on her anyway so I'll stick to her like glue!
Right, I have to start getting organised! Hope u all have a lovely Sunday and I'll chat later...hopefully! Xxx

Best of luck for your rfl xxx

All the best Dawn!!

I'm sure the super fairypower will keep you going and the only things wobbling will be your tiara and tutu! :)

Pomooky XX

Come on, woman. Get those leggies going round that park.
And preferably the rest of you as well. They'd look a bit silly on their own.

You can do it! Well, if I can, you can. Ok?

Just remember to go the way the marshalls point you. And particularly don't let your feathered friends divert you when you get near the aviaries!

Hope you're ok Dawn & your race went well? :D
xx

I hope Dawn doesn't mind me posting this but she told me earlier that the race went well and she really enjoyed it. She is planning to do it again next year. I am so proud of her :)

I am sure she will post when she has a chance but thought I'd let you know in the meantime !!

Was thinking of you today Dawn for both reasons. More hugs.

Gail x

P.S. Hope the birds are settling down and becoming less active ???!

OMG!!! We did it!!! We got round, 5k, in 42 mins!!! :happy036:

Oh ladies ( & Jot of course ;) )

If you haven't ever done a Race for Life before...DO IT! What a lovely, emotional, fun experience it is! :D

We woke up feeling a little nervous at what we'd got ourselves in to :fear: After breakfast Gwyn went off to Church and so began "the pre-race preparations"!!!

No...not stretches or warm ups or route planning but...

Showers...us fairies need to look and smell good :0bathtime:

Make up...ditto :cool:

Hair...including copious applications of glitter hair spray ;)

Hair...removal of :ashamed0005:

Frantic search for knickers that won't disappear up ones bum the moment any movement is made :sign0007:

Emptying of all wardrobes of any clothing loosely resembling running joggers...closely followed by several exclamations of "Does my bum look big in this?" :massmoon:

Sticking on of heel plasters :character00264:

Deciding to wear two bras each to minimise wobble :banana dancer:

Careful application of wings, tiara, garland, race number, back poster and photos :crazy:

So then we were off! The park was absolutely packed but it was well organised for parking and we soon met up with the rest of the girls from our little team. There was a huge screen which was used for the warm up...which Vicki and I missed cos we were queuing for the :sick0019:

Then before we knew it we were being asked to start lining up. I was so nervous but it was lovely to have Vicki there as she was just SO excited. We gradually moved forward until suddenly we reached the start line and the space opened up and we could run. Well we didn't run far...wouldn't you think they might have flattened out the hills a bit? :eek: So we adopted a very cunning plan of walking UP the hills and then running DOWN them again which was actually quite successful! It was a really spectacular sight to see this huge sea of pink snaking its way around one of the most beautiful parks I know. There were all sorts of costumes, women running with dogs and buggies, all shapes and sizes and abilities. And all the way round were people cheering us all on! Gwyn popped up several times along the course with water for us bless him, and I saw my great auntie and some cousins too. And it was great to see JimofTroy there too! (Hello Sarah!!!) She'd RUN the 10k race earlier and completed it in around 1hr 15mins which is just FAB!!! :worthy: Well done JoT!!! So anyway Vicki and I carried on with the walk up/run down plan and finished the race in just under 3/4hr :winner:

When we crossed the finish line :faint2: we were given a medal, goody bag and bottle of water, and Gwyn, Andrew & Matt were there to meet us :grouphugg:

I have to say it was the most amazing afternoon, and I will definitely be doing it again. A wonderful experience for everyone, and a great way to raise money for a very deserving cause.

I dearly wish I could have dashed straight off to tell Dad all about it...he'd have loved it! Hopefully the money we all raised today will stop other Dads going through the pain that mine did. I want to say a BIG :thankyou: to everyone who sponsored me, and for all your words of encouragement!!! :sign0168:

Put your names down to do it girls...you won't regret it xxx

I suppose I'd better confess that we celebrated tonight with a curry, a bottle of wine and a tub of ice cream...and flipping gorgeous it was too!!! :8855:

Here's a few photos of Vicki and I, and also our little team xx

Attachments

• DSCF1172 - Copy.jpg
    DSCF1172 - Copy.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF1171.jpg
    DSCF1171.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF1170.jpg
    DSCF1170.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 57
I hope Dawn doesn't mind me posting this but she told me earlier that the race went well and she really enjoyed it. She is planning to do it again next year. I am so proud of her :)

I am sure she will post when she has a chance but thought I'd let you know in the meantime !!

Was thinking of you today Dawn for both reasons. More hugs.

Gail x

P.S. Hope the birds are settling down and becoming less active ???!

Aww thanks for that Gail!!! It's been quite a day, for both reasons like you say xx

Thought I was never going to get on here today! Well actually I suppose I didn't really as it's nearly 2am so it's tomorrow technically :eek:

As for the birdies, I think they're finally starting to see the light and beginning to flap their wings a little in preparation of leaving the roost! :rolleyes:

LOL. You are such a star Dawn.

The photos are fantastic - you are wearing a skin tight running top. Oh wow. Something I couldn't even dream about. But you look amazing. So you can stop worrying about what I will think when we meet up. I will think you look amazing :D

Sarah - WELL DONE to you. That is fantastic.

Good night. I said to myself I was going to bed about 1.5 hours ago. I am working tomorrow :eek:

Gail x

Thanks Gail xx

I would never have worn a top like that a few months ago...I was very wary of wearing it today and wanted to put a black one on but Vicki wouldn't let me. I'm finally starting to see the difference in myself from then to now, having dumped 3 stones. I even put a few "before" photos in an album yesterday if u wanna look...I still need to lose a stone and a half but I can see a difference now :)

Did your concert go well yesterday?

Take care, can't wait till the 2nd lol!!! xx And get to bed...suppose I should go too as I'm up for work at 6.30am :eek:

th_Congratulations03.gif
Dawn, Vicki and every single person who took part! Job's a good un :clap::clap::clap:

Oh Dawn you look AMAZING!!! :wow: Your avatar name is SO apt! :happy036: You are such an inspiration, and harking back to an earlier thread, you would be a superb SW consultant! Don't suppose you fancy moving up here and starting a group? Lovely area, lots of green, decent shops not too far away...hmmm? Tempting? :whistle: :giggle:

Hoping you aren't too tired after yesterday and your incredibly late night hunni, have a good day :wavey:

xx

Oh, howz your knee? x

Hi Dawn

Well done! What can I say, you look fab! What an inspiration!

What are you going to do with the tiara now? You will be able to wear it around your waist soon! ;)

Love Pomooky

Back