Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

She is gorgeous. But I agree she does look more like a guinea pig at the moment !!!

Looking forward to hearing what she is called. Trying to think of names along the porcine theme (the pig bit of guinea pig) but everything sounds rude (!)

Anyway, off to bed. I hoped to get there at 9pm, but surprise surprise, I'm still here :eek:

Gail x

She is gorgeous. But I agree she does look more like a guinea pig at the moment !!!

Looking forward to hearing what she is called. Trying to think of names along the porcine theme (the pig bit of guinea pig) but everything sounds rude (!)

Gail x

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You can go off people you know...:rolleyes:

And thanks Stevie boy for suggesting that my gorgeous little girl looks like Miss Piggy...now they're ALL at it!!! :8855:

Aw Dawn - she looks a real sweetie. I have only ever seen single colour shih tzu's before but having Googled them I now see they often come in multi-colour.

Names? Don't ask me, I'm useless at that sort of thing but how about something foreign? Most Spanish words have masculine and femine versions.
  • Morena means brown or brunnette.
  • Poquito means small or little - and although I don't think there is a femine version really you could "feminise" it to Poquita.
  • "Conejillo de Indias" is a guinea pig in Spanish - so how about just India?
I bet the next 5 weeks are going to be the longest of your life!

Hiya Dawn,
Is she KC registered?
If so, what is her registered name?, because perhaps you will have some ideas from that.
We had already decided to name our puppy Bertie, long before we even chose him, his real name is 'Morgansbrook Inspiring':)

Pommette said:
Aw Dawn - she looks a real sweetie. I have only ever seen single colour shih tzu's before but having Googled them I now see they often come in multi-colour.

Names? Don't ask me, I'm useless at that sort of thing but how about something foreign? Most Spanish words have masculine and femine versions.

[*]Morena means brown or brunnette.
[*]Poquito means small or little - and although I don't think there is a femine version really you could "feminise" it to Poquita.
[*]"Conejillo de Indias" is a guinea pig in Spanish - so how about just India?
I bet the next 5 weeks are going to be the longest of your life!

Aww thanks for that Bev! I'm going to write down all the suggestions along with the children's and see what everyone likes!

She's got some nice markings atm but they will probably lighten to a pale golden colour.

5 weeks does seem a long time!

ginlin said:
Hiya Dawn,
Is she KC registered?
If so, what is her registered name?, because perhaps you will have some ideas from that.
We had already decided to name our puppy Bertie, long before we even chose him, his real name is 'Morgansbrook Inspiring':)

Thanks Ginlin xx
She does have a kc pedigree name but neither Gwyn or I can remember it! I may email the breeder for it as it would be nice for us to be able to look her up xx

When we found out Berties registered name, we thought it was quite strange, as my Grandfather was called Morgan, and he had a small holding adjecent to the Morlais Brook - Morgansbrook

ginlin said:
When we found out Berties registered name, we thought it was quite strange, as my Grandfather was called Morgan, and he had a small holding adjecent to the Morlais Brook - Morgansbrook

Well its funny you should say that as our little pups fathers name starts with Gwyn...just like hubby! We decided it was an omen ... plus she is loosely related to our other shiddy xx

Right, remember those pork chops we were going to have for dinner tonight?

Well they weren't :sigh:

Pork I mean :(

They were lamb! :rolleyes:

And that's why I should label things properly in the freezer! I took out some artichoke soup the other day and found I'd defrosted bread sauce.........sigh!

Names, how about: Soo (as in the last bit of shih tzu?) But don't call her after the first bit! (Oh, how rude Bess! :8855:)
Tricky isn't it? I really liked Willow for our dog, but perhaps that's more for a big one? Umm...Pixie? :)

Aww thanks for the suggestions Bess xx

Jury's still out on th sh** Soo lol!!! ;) I do like Pixie actually.

At the moment, I think Suki is winning. I like it as it sounds a bit oriental, and it's similar to our other 2 dogs (Simba and Sophie). And her mummy is Polly, and Gwyn thought of the nursery rhyme "Polly put the kettle on...Suki take it off again..."

But still got LOTS of time for loads of suggestions, and to change our minds...lots of times lol!!!

Yes, Suki's great! :D

She's so sweet...I love her already...:heartpump::heartpump::heartpump:

She's so sweet...I love her already...:heartpump::heartpump::heartpump:

I remember meeting Carla at 4 weeks. Waiting those other 4 weeks seemed a lifetime

Shes gorgeous.

I do not want a puppy, I do not want a puppy, I do not need a puppy, I do not need a puppy.... oh dear this is not working :8855:

I remember meeting Carla at 4 weeks. Waiting those other 4 weeks seemed a lifetime

Shes gorgeous.

I do not want a puppy, I do not want a puppy, I do not need a puppy, I do not need a puppy.... oh dear this is not working :8855:

Aww Jackie...methinks you may be a bit broody...;)

What pets have you got??? xx

Simba??

My ears always prick up when I hear that name as its from my favourite film!! My cute little ginger rabbit is called Simba and my dog called shenzi after the head hyena in the lion king!

I like that digestive biscuity smell of puppies! And no I'm not completely food obsessed, but I do think that's what they smell like, until the horrid doggy smell kicks in!

Back