Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Sorry dawn we have taken over your diary this evening! X

You're more than welcome to :blahblah::blahblah: :blahblah:away on here hunni!!!

I don't miss anything then!!! ;)

Hey that's only fair - Dawn absolutely decimated mine:p

Was my pleasure hunni (no need for thanks btw :p) ... and I know the feeling is mutual lol :flirt2:

Hi Dawn,

Firstly I want to say the memorial service sounds like a wonderful idea and a great time to reflect and think of your Dad and Nan. I can't really offer any words of wisdom as to how to get through the scattering of the ashes because as you know my Mum passed away in January and we still haven't scattered hers as my step Dad doesn't feel ready :( I hope it all goes as well as it can do and I will be thinking of you x x

That sw roulade sounds lovely and I have to make it at some point! Your food today looks delicious x

Maverick said:
Woah, you win!! My mum now uses my Lion King bedcovers as an ironing board cover... Am so gonna watch that film this weekend, may even watch the Lion King 2, little Kiara sits on my bed too, but shes never really had a look in!!!

Im watching it as we speak all that talking about it and had to dig it out, oh yeah i have kiara and kovu but same as you they don't really get a look in! Can't wait until they re release it, its this year i think ooh all that merchandise!!!

Mini Mum said:
Hi Dawn,

Firstly I want to say the memorial service sounds like a wonderful idea and a great time to reflect and think of your Dad and Nan. I can't really offer any words of wisdom as to how to get through the scattering of the ashes because as you know my Mum passed away in January and we still haven't scattered hers as my step Dad doesn't feel ready :( I hope it all goes as well as it can do and I will be thinking of you x x

Thanks Michelle xxx

Hii Dawn,

Have finally got around to posting on here since I got back from my hols - yesterday was a little manic!

Your food always sounds soo lovely!! And I really must try the roulade!!!

And the news that you have found a puppy!!! :eek::D How exciting I bet your planning everything now!! We have now ended up keeping the last lab puppy! He's called Diesel! Hehe!!

Have a good day! :) xxxx

Bl**dy hell you lot. I don't visit for a whole 24 hours and there's over 40 posts to catch up on!

I too have escaped from the madhouse! Have a 3ft long (plus tail) Simba sat on a footstool in the lounge with 2 tigers! Okay so they don't come from the same continent but what the hell, they look good together.

I don't have a doggy to display but here are my beautiful girls sharing their bed - a dog bed as they can't fit into a cat one!
49842-albums3041-picture17936.jpg

Flossie (nicknamed bagpuss at a whopping 7kg) on the right.
Candy (known as twiggy as she is only 6kg) on the left.
Hubby calls them Fat Cats - meaning Obese Felines
Take after their mum . . .

Hey Dawn!
Good luck for class tonight - not that you need it you super slimmer you!
How exciting on the puppy :)

xx

Bl**dy hell you lot. I don't visit for a whole 24 hours and there's over 40 posts to catch up on!

I too have escaped from the madhouse! Have a 3ft long (plus tail) Simba sat on a footstool in the lounge with 2 tigers! Okay so they don't come from the same continent but what the hell, they look good together.

I don't have a doggy to display but here are my beautiful girls sharing their bed - a dog bed as they can't fit into a cat one!

They are just beautiful! When ever we've had cats together they hate each other. :(

Sorry just want to check is this a swiss roll tin ...

Will buy one at some point and get making. Will probably be next week now but you never know I may find some time. Wooo, so excited!

That look like it to me pj, should be about 8" x 12". :) I line mine with a silicone liner that can be washed and used again and again, it's called a Telfon non stick cooking mat and is just brilliant. It doesn't need oil or anything on it to stop things sticking.

Hi Dawn!! :D Got a name yet? (Suki is really great.)

Hi Guys!!!

First let's get wi out of the way...I lost 1.5lbs :D ...

But Andrew put on 1.5lbs :rolleyes:

So work was ok, wi was ok-ish ...and I haven't got much else to talk about lol! ;)

We're still contemplating doggy names...still leaning towards Suki...tbh I think we'll just wait and see what we think when we get her! I can't wait for the next photos the breeder is going to send us! I imagine she's going to change quite a lot in a short amount of time.

It's Dads birthday tomorrow so I'm picking Shirley up after work and we're going to take some flowers up to the graveyard. Even though Dad's not there yet, his mum is, and so we're going to put his birthday flowers with her. We're hoping to reunite him with her next week, and with his dad too :cry: And then I'm bringing Shirley back to ours for dinner, where we'll raise a glass to my lovely Dad xx. I've spent tonight getting dinner ready for tomorrow...steak and kidney casserole with onions and mushrooms, spuds, peas and carrots, followed by fresh fruit meringue baskets with cream or natural yoghurt. And I'm afraid there will be a few glasses of wine involved too, and possibly a cheeky G&T, so my food needs to be pretty syn free to compensate for the alcohol! :8855:

I'm loving all your Simba bits and bobs, and all the pet photos! Aren't they all so gorgeous!!! :heartpump:

Anyway, here's my food and then I'm coming to visit...

Todays Food

42g all bran (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

minimums bacon & lentil soup
strawberries & yoghurt
banana

jacket spud
butter (2)
21g 1/2 f cheese (1/2 A)
28g philly (1 1/2)
bacon
salad
salad cream (2)

options hot choc (2)

Total syns:- 7 1/2
Exercise:- no

OMG!!!

What do you feed your kittys on????

They are GORGEOUS...& BIG!!! lol xxx

Well done on your loss Dawn! Great stuff!! I'm sure you came up with some inspiring words for Andrew!

Hope that you have a nice time thinking of your dad on his birthday. As so many have said he was such a wonderful man. You deserve some G&Ts after how brave you've been in recent times.

I like the name Suki particularly after reading the reasons you gave for liking the name. I bet she will fit right into her new home with such lovely owners!

Well done Dawn. Another great loss.

Pomette - love the photo :)

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Dawn, hope you share lots of lovely memories of your amazing Dad.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Wotcha, all.

I'm obviously needed around here: there's far to much cutesy NICEness going on.
Somebody needs to spoil it.
Guess who?

Well here I.am. I'm still not very here, but lurking.

And you'll never guess where I am at this moment. Quarter to midnight on a Thursday - and I'm in the cinema!
They're putting on a double bill of the 2 parts of Harry Potter 7. Just done Part 1, starting at 9.20. Part 2, which doesn't come out until tomorrow, is on at 00.01!
Fortunately I haven't got to go to work tomorrow. I'll be shattered.
DD has got to go to school, but she only has about 3 lessons on a Friday, so she'll cope.

Right. Well it's almost time for my film. Exciting!

Oh, and well done on your loss, Dawn. You're a real star.

xx.

(That doesn't constitute being nice, by the way!)

Whoopee and well done on the loss Dawn.

They are just beautiful! When ever we've had cats together they hate each other. :(
I've never had cats like these two - ours have always hated each other too.
But Candy & Flo just ADORE each other and are totally inseparable. They squash into the smallest spaces imaginable to curl up together. Particularly in the winter when it gets bl**dy cold here at night believe it or not.
OMG!!!

What do you feed your kittys on????

They are GORGEOUS...& BIG!!! lol xxx
Er - just normal Brekkies and they get the amount for a cat up to 5kg and still they continue to grow! They are idle girls though - just sleep all the time.
They are both a bit podgy BUT they are huge cats. Their frame is actually bigger than most small dogs - certainly bigger than a Shih Tzu or a Jack Russell for example! Hubby reckons they are feral cat crossed with a tiger!!
He's not far off the mark :D

Have a good day on Friday ladies - I'm off to bed now.

PS Hubby still can't really them apart at a distance when thay are sat down. Identical markings - tabby with ginger tiger stripes - although there's a few white hairs on Candy's chest and she has a very bent tail!

Wooo! Well done for that 1.5lb loss, Dawn!
As for dog names, I could give you a few although I love the name Suki. That was the name of my pony when I was a kid in Argentina.
I have 3 dogs, (HRH Queen) Tula is my german shepherd ***** and Sam is my german shepherd dog and Schnarf is my lab (pics of Tula and Schnarf here).

Attachments

• image-691254210.jpg
    image-691254210.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 27
  • image-689911233.jpg
    image-689911233.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 28
Back