Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

She really is a stunning young woman, and with a heart of gold too :hug99:
xx

Wow what an amazing story and even more amazing Hannah. I have to say that I would find losing my hair very difficult to deal with, so this story is even the more impressive to me.

How are you Dawn? You seem to be doing amazingly well with sticking to the SW regime. Well done! Hopefully one weekend soon I'll take a leaf out of your book! xxx

I'm fine thanks Penny :D

I am doing pretty well this time...I don't know what's come over me tbh!!! :confused:

I'm thinking it's a combination of doing EE for the 1st time, and also being supported by all you lovely guys on here :grouphugg: I am enjoying the plan, and the weight has been coming off, but I have the feeling that it may start slowing down as I'm getting nearer to target.

It was a good day at work today...one breakdown but that was soon resolved thankfully. I also had my appraisal which went very well.

Apparently Hannahs hair cutting exploits have interested the media and it seems that she may be on TV soon so watch this space!!!

Ooh, and I had a text from Gail to say that the Take That concert IS going ahead (there was some doubt as Robbie had been ill) so she should be strutting her stuff with the boys as we speak!!! :party0023:

And now for todays food...

28g bran flakes (part B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

ryvita (part B)
28g philly (1.5)
coronation chicken
salad
salad cream (2)
yoghurt
apple banana

roast chicken
sw chips
peas
carrots
mushrooms
tom sauce (2)
strawberries
squirty cream (2)
G&T (2.5)

Total syns:- 10

Dawn, just reading your diary makes me emotional, I'm not sure how you get through your days :)

Shirley has been very kind to give you some money - very nice of her to share her good fortune (however it came about) with you. And trust you not to want to be frivolous with it... A new kitchen... I ask you??!! I'd be having a well deserved holiday, or a shopping spree, not some bleedin worktops!!! Each to their own tho ;)

What a beautiful photo of the young girl too, there's not many who can pull off the shaved head look, but she definitely can. I hope she does get the recognition she deserves :)
xxx

Last edited:
Aww thanks Laura xx We have had a very bad time of things, but we've also had some wonderful times...and its the memories of these times that keep us going xx

You made me giggle over the money! Tbh I've never been a one for big hols (wont fly) and my ideal break is being in the cottage in the lakes, with a dog on my lap and snuggled up to hubby!

And I've wanted these kitchen worktops for sooo long...sad I know lol! In fact it was a bit of a standing joke with Dad, Shirley and me that we used to tease Gwyn about the worktops saying I was gona spend all Gwyns money on a bit of granite lol!

Dawn

Hannah, and her whole family, sound remarkable. It must be hard for them to cope with losing a child at such an early age. Your stresses this year seem to be mounting up!

. . . I have a large granite chopping board and I totally love the sound it makes when anything gets put onto it, or the reverberated chopping sound I get, ching, ching, *ahhh* happy sigh, haha :rolleyes:
TT2day - you do know that chopping on a granite surface ruins your knife don't you? And I don't just mean it blunts it - it actually knackers the blade! I've never been sure why they are sold.

I've always wanted granite worktops but could never afford it in the UK. They are sooooooo expensive. But I got one when we had the kitchen done here as they are about 1/3 of the price. But a word of advice. If you are house proud (and I know you are) black or navy ones are almost impossible to keep looking good, especially if you have hard water - and I know you do in Northampton. I had a black one installed and I regret that decision. It shows every spot of dried water, every streak and to keep it looking even OK then it has to be cleaned and polished every time you use it!!! Suffice to say it doesn't get that level of attention after 4 years - although it did for about the first 12 months!
Picture attached for your delight and delectation.
And no - the tiling above the top cupboards isn't wonky - the ceiling has a big slope on it.
49842-albums3274-picture19405.jpg

Last edited:
I'm 100% with Pommette regarding the black granite!
The tv stand which is shiny black glass is an absolute nightmare, and I chase smears around until I give up!:eek:
Not to mention the lovely white dogs hairs that land on there continually:eek:

Hey bestie,
i'm a bit behind the times but i think i've just about caught up with you. I did laugh a little reading about Maddie, she's such a little character. How lovely is Shirley, is it a little sad that the idea of kitchen counter shopping is quite exciting to me? (maybe because i don't have my own yet)
xxxx

Aww that is so nice to hear Dawn. So glad you're enjoying EE and I hope the weight continues to come off. It will obviously slow down slightly as you get nearer to target (which you can't be too far off from) but there's no reason why it won't continue.

I never thought I would say this but if I was to get some money then I would probably do stuff to the house, rather than a holiday. Madness I know but since buying my place I just want to make it the best possible. A new shower would be one of the first things on the list. Having said that a holiday would be lush! It was a very lovely gesture of Shirley but I'm sure your Dad would have wanted you to have the money.

Hope you have a lovely day x

Hi Dawn

Hope you dont mind me popping in to say hi. I have read through all of this thread and i have laughed and cried.
So sorry to hear about your dad, i know how it feels to loose someone so important to you, i lost my grandad to cancer when i was 7 years old, my nan died last year, she had cancer but that never killed her she had a cardiac arrest while being transfered to a ward and they only realised a while after. It took 3 attempts to bring her back and was rushed straight to intensive care where she was put on a ventilater. She had severe brain damage from her cardiac arrest, they tried waking her up and taking her off the ventilater to see if she would breath for herself but she deteriorated and they took her up on a ward and the only thing they could do was make her comfortable. My other nan which at present is still with me has cancer, she is starting to deteriorate now and i love her so much it hurts to see her going that way. I can understand how you feel.

Eny ways, i am on the slimming world diet at the moment and am doing well, ive had no cravings for any bad foods which is good for me.

Take care x

Hi Dawn

I’ve just been having a nosey on your diary.
First of all I wanted to say how sorry I am about your dad. I would also like to say it’s a credit to you that you have managed to stick with SW with everything you’ve been through. You are a truly inspirational lady.

Your friends sound amazing. Having lost family members to both cancer and leukaemia I do believe that although they are similar diseases they are also totally different. Leukaemia was the last tragedy in our family and at the time my daughter also raised money for charity. She was only 12 but I think it gave her some control back. All the family loses control and feels totally helpless during these times so I can understand the head shaving for charity.

The first page I clicked on to was the first picture of your puppy and she is gorgeous. Then it was a picture of the roulade and I couldn’t decide which I wanted most - the puppy or the roulade. Then there were more pictures of the puppy and I’ve finally decided I want the puppy :)

The advice you’ve been given regarding training the puppy is spot on. The only thing I would add is even though your door is open, go outside with your pup and praise her every time she has a wee. Puppies love company and if she goes out and you stay inside she won’t like it.

You will be able to read the signs that she’s gonna have a wee in no time. At first I got confused with the crouching for a wee and the crouching to sit down but there are slight differences that you will pick up on.

The only other thing I would add is to regularly send photos back to the breeder. We have had one litter of pups and we kept one. The other two I hear from all the time and it puts my mind at rest to know they are safe :) It’s also funny to see that sometimes they look like their mum and sometimes their dad.

How’s the name coming on. Of all the names mentioned I like Suki best.

Sorry I’ve waffled on so much :eek:

JimofTroy said:
Only HERETICs live the spinach-less life.

Go away!!! ;)

Back