Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Sorry only just catching up - WELL DONE on fab loss. You're doing amazingly well. Very impressive indeed. I need to take a step out of your book.
Good luck for today (assuming I've got the correct day for spreading your Dad's ashes). Thinking of you. x

Hi Penny,

Thanks for that, And thanks for remembering about Dads ashes xx

You're quite right, we were going to do that today, but unfortunately something really awful happened where my brother works (I'm unable to say what atm) and so we've had to put things on hold. My brother's physically ok, but what happened had really screwed his head up and so we're just going to wait a couple of weeks or so. Luckily he's due to go on holiday with the family on Sunday which is just what he needs to help him recover.

Thanks so much for remembering Penny xx

Sorry Dawn I've just read your last post and I'd totally forgotten about your dads ashes. I feel so thoughtless now for making sarcastic comments. I hope you're all ok and I'm sorry about whatever has happened with your brother too.

Sorry Dawn I've just read your last post and I'd totally forgotten about your dads ashes. I feel so thoughtless now for making sarcastic comments. I hope you're all ok and I'm sorry about whatever has happened with your brother too.

Hey Tillymax!!!

Don't be daft!!!

I look forward to your comments hun...you, minimum and Jim really make me laugh! :D

I'd much rather you all have a laugh here than pussyfoot around being afraid of saying anything that might upset me!

Besides...Jim will be her normal not nice self on here anyway... and you'd have a long way to go to beat her lol!!! ;)

Hi folks xx

I'm posting early as I'm out to a chinese buffet tonight, and I'm not driving, so if I do get on here later can I just put some sort of disclaimer on now in case I write anything I shouldn't! :ashamed0005: There might be a teeny weeny glass of wine with my name on it you see...:drunk:

Todays Food

42g all bran (B)
250ml ss milk (A)

beef salad
salad cream (2)
chilli jam (1)
1/2 bag of crispy things (3)

one or two carefully selected low fat / syn free chinese buffet items ... if you believe that you'll believe anything! :8855:
tiny glass of :party0036:

Have a good night all, might see you later xx

Last edited:
Can you pop in here on your way back, Dawn?
I've got a zillion teenagers here, and may need some back up!

And because it's raining, I've got to barbecue on the griddle in the kitchen!

(Wearing a tiger costume, obviously.)
Yeah, I know. Pics need to follow, or it didn't happen. I'll see.

. . . I'd much rather you all have a laugh here than pussyfoot around being afraid of saying anything that might upset me!
Hi Dawn- I hadn't forgotten about the ashes scattering but fell into the latter category and didn't want to say anything.

Sorry to hear that it didn't happen and hope your brother is okay and his hols helps.

Have a good night chica, enjoy your synfree buffet and little glas of wine (and no, I don't believe you) and I'll hopefully see you here later too. Off out to another concert tonight - Eric Burden & the Animals!! More serious sounds of my youth.

Hi Penny,

Thanks for that, And thanks for remembering about Dads ashes xx

You're quite right, we were going to do that today, but unfortunately something really awful happened where my brother works (I'm unable to say what atm) and so we've had to put things on hold. My brother's physically ok, but what happened had really screwed his head up and so we're just going to wait a couple of weeks or so. Luckily he's due to go on holiday with the family on Sunday which is just what he needs to help him recover.

Thanks so much for remembering Penny xx

Really hope all okay for your brother. Thinking of you sweetie and sending lots of hugs (((hugs))) xxxxxxxxx

A zillion teenagers :eek::eek: gosh bin there done that got the tshirt. Have a hug ((hug)) typicial it had to rain ... its raining here too but then it would be cos we are only just down the road from you . Have fun xxxxx

Chinese buffett yum yum I also had one of those today I was very good :rolleyes::p :break_diet:NOT lol

Hope you brother is ok Dawn you know where we all are if you need us xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Dawn

I keep sneaking a peek at your diary to see what you're up to. I don't post much as I don't do SW and don't want the SW heavies after me!

Your loss is amazing and it's good you can sneak in the odd glass of plonk and a take-away here and there. I, on the other hand, haven't lost any weight. I keep putting off doing SW - too complicated, not enough cheese, why 28g and not 30g etc etc, excuse after excuse!

I always think of slimming clubs as middle aged, sad and like knitting club or something. Well, I am middle aged, sad and no, I don't knit yet but..... :D

Love Pomooky XX

Pomooky125 said:
Hi Dawn

I keep sneaking a peek at your diary to see what you're up to. I don't post much as I don't do SW and don't want the SW heavies after me!

Your loss is amazing and it's good you can sneak in the odd glass of plonk and a take-away here and there. I, on the other hand, haven't lost any weight. I keep putting off doing SW - too complicated, not enough cheese, why 28g and not 30g etc etc, excuse after excuse!

I always think of slimming clubs as middle aged, sad and like knitting club or something. Well, I am middle aged, sad and no, I don't knit yet but..... :D

Love Pomooky XX

Hi pomooky

Im not a sw heavy lol well actually i suppose i am i do sw and Im heavy lol but not in the way you meant however i do rate sw yes you don't get a lot of cheese but it is the easiest diet i have ever done what other diet could you get away with eating steak and chips or a full English breakfast on?!?

I am a prime example for putting things off but no longer shall i! If you ever feel like giving sw a go give us a shout and we will be happy to help you or give you a kick up the bum if needed.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do x x

!

Besides...Jim will be her normal not nice self on here anyway... and you'd have a long way to go to beat her lol!!! ;)

Oh yes. Here I am.

You haven't got a chance!

skinnydawn said:
Anyway...

I lost 2.5lbs and got joint SOTW!!! :wee: So thank you all for your good luck messages...they must have worked! :flowers:

Mind you, I did get the lawn mown, tied a load of climbers back, did the hoovering, and got the washing done before lunch lol! :superwoman:

Then I spent the afternoon cooking :eating:

I made a really nice lentil dahl to go with yesterdays curry leftovers, then I made a HUGE pan of Minimums bacon and lentil soup which I'm going to freeze, and I couldn't resist making ANOTHER roulade!!! :rolleyes: I just LOVE them!!! :gimi:

Then of course it was time for wi, and Frances kindly offered to pick me up :character00182: Andrew didn't go tonight as he was busy working on my mums garden, so he's going tomorrow morning instead. Oh, and Frances lost a pound too :party0011:

So now I'm getting my fix of minimins, with a very full belly, and a BIG glass of vino...perfect!!! :bliss:

I do hope everyone's had a good day :D

Todays Food

28g bran flakes (part B)
250ml ss milk (A)

ryvita (rest of B)
beef
salad
salad cream (1)
chilli jam (1)

Chicken curry
lentil dahl
rice
mango chutney (2)
sw roulade

wine (8)

Total syns:- 12
Exercise:- mowing the lawn

Well done on your ace loss Dawn! Did you get anything good in the basket?

Hope the buffet is yummy! Look forward to hearing about it. And yes you are far too popular! xxx

Hi Dawn,

Hope you are well today. I am enjoying 2 days off work, i work as a health care assistant for the nhs in elderly orthopaedic rehab so am enjoying a break from the ward as the patients do get a little heavy.
I have celebrated my 24th birthday today and my partner has given me a lovely day. I havent managed to stick to my sw diet today as i thought i have done well so far that i could have a day off, especially on my birthday, lol. I will let you know when i start a diary and you can then pop in and have a look.

Take care for now x

Hi Dawn,
Sorry to hear something horrible has happened yet again to your family. Hope your brother is ok and is able to work through the difficult times.
Hope your chinese buffet was yummy.You sure deserved it.
Off out to open house at a work colleague's this afternoon then aunt's 50th tonight so probably won't get a chance to be on here, but we'll see!
Take care. Have a nice weekend x

Did you survive??? :D

I want pics!!! :p

Oh yes. Here I am.

You haven't got a chance!

Wouldn't have it any other way!!! ;)

Hi Dawn

Love Pomooky XX

Hi Pomooky,

Ooh...I'm so glad you're still about and lurking away :).... even if you are a cheeky sod lol ... :8855:

love Dawny xxx :D

Back