Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Emmaline said:
Yay! to that lovely little bundle!

Reminds me of when we got our poodle.. My OH said in no way was it sleeping in our room as the lady who had her before had let her onto their bed. But after a couple of hours of him howling on the first night my OH says .. Oh for goodness sake bring him up here so we can get some sleep! .. and that's where he remained.

Hmmn...

Well I'm currently enjoying a threesome with a snoring hubby and a hiccuping puppy...;)

I nearly had a heart attack when I logged on and found 13 pages of unread stuff here. It's taken me 45 mins but it was worth it !!!!!

Morning Bexy xx

It's a bit scarey sometimes as Gwyn will often buy me stuff that I'd never considered wearing before...and its always ok. I stick to the same style...trousers or long skirts with t-shirts or jumpers, and ALWAYS in black or navy. Now I have pinks, yellows, creams etc...and not one but 2 'short' outfits! Think it goes to prove that we see what we expect to see when we look in a mirror...someone fat and frumpy who should be as invisible as possible. Whereas others actually see us for what we really are...loving caring people who for whatever reason have let things slip away from us, but who still deserve to feel and look nice whatever our weight xx

Anyway, hubbs is just LOVING all this attention from u lovely ladies lol! Xx

You totally deserve the attention and fuss that he made and so does he with all this attention :D. Please give him another big hug from me ;)

Hi Lynne...you know I'm starting to think there might be a spot of money to be made here...Rent-a-Gwyn lol!!! :giggle:

I better warn you Bev...I think he's upstairs packing...! :rotflmao:

Me next, me next.......................................

Thanks Bev xx

Feeling very positive after 2 brilliant days :) I'm actually enjoying the challenge of this new regime, and I think its just what I needed. Of course, if it works and I lose weight on Thursday, I won't know if its the extra super free, fizzy drinks ban, mixing up of plans or portion control...but I don't think I'll care lol! Xx

And if I don't lose weight...well I really dont know what else to try! At least I'll know myself that I gave it my best shot, and I'll just have to be patient :( Easier said than done with me lol ;) Xx

As we discussed, 1 week, 2 weeks or 3 weeks does not make a trend. I don't disagree with cutting back/out on the diet coke, but you have lost nearly 4.5 stone whilst drinking diet coke and eating 15 syns most days (I think ??) and had 2 (or maybe even 3 weeks) of STS or small gain. what you think ?? Anyway, you have cracked it again - YAAAAAAY. Superstar. Looking forward to hearing about this week again :D

The photos look FANTASTIC. Particularly the ones of you playing with Suki where you aren't posed and in the most flattering position and yet you STILL look skinny. Really (bet you don't properly believe me though !). Fabulous :D

Thanks for the nice comments guys xx

It is nice to enjoy getting dressed now, rather than just getting upset cos nothing looks nice on. And even tho I'm not at target yet, I think I look normal, which is all I ever wanted to do. Not to stand out because of my size, but just to blend in with everyone else, iykwim xx

You do look normal, normal and slim :). But I totally get what you mean.

It just needs some SPINACH, to look perfect!

LOL

How has the search for worktops gone ? (or has Suki taken over ??!)

Did you really not have any chocolate cake ????? If not, WOOOOOOW !!!!

Hi guys, quick post...just got in from work and this is what gorgeous hubbs has cooked for tea...
Extra lean mince on a bed of wilted spinach with new spuds, carrots and salad, with fresh strawberries and yoghurt for dessert!

I knew I didnt marry him just for his body!! ;)

Ha, ha. You got a good 'un there :D

Evening dawn just wanted to say congrats on your new beautiful little suki and the amazing 4.5st shiny!!! A weekend to remember, well done you x x x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

She is just lovely! She's so cute... Also the puppy ain't too bad! LOL! Seriously, Suki is so cute and YOU, hot stuff, are looking SO skinny and happy! Pretty jealous about the pooch, you're making me puppy-broody again!!! xxxx

Hmmn...

Well I'm currently enjoying a threesome with a snoring hubby and a hiccuping puppy...;)

HA HA HA HA !!!! Delighted all is going well. You are a superstar and I love all the shiny's on your signature :D. Looking forward to the next one :D

Hope to catch up again soon.

Gail xxx

OMG Dawn, I have just noticed your BMI. OMG. How exciting :D

Gail x

Having a puppy is like having a toddler you have to eyes at the back of your head and there's no time to relax! X

Except that the toddler isn't going to eat your shoes, chew the table leg and redesign your rugs lol !!!

Dawn, your Suki is a little doll, she is delightful.

Our 4 legged families bring us all so much pleasure and love. They wag their tails not their tongues, they do not care if you are ugly or pretty, rich or poor, black or white. We could learn a lot from them. Their love is unconditional.
I see lots of :chores016: coming along.

fillymum said:
Our 4 legged families bring us all so much pleasure and love. They wag their tails not their tongues, they do not care if you are ugly or pretty, rich or poor, black or white. We could learn a lot from them. Their love is unconditional.

I do love dogs for that reason! X

I nearly had a heart attack when I logged on and found 13 pages of unread stuff here. It's taken me 45 mins but it was worth it !!!!!

You totally deserve the attention and fuss that he made and so does he with all this attention :D. Please give him another big hug from me ;)

Me next, me next.......................................

As we discussed, 1 week, 2 weeks or 3 weeks does not make a trend. I don't disagree with cutting back/out on the diet coke, but you have lost nearly 4.5 stone whilst drinking diet coke and eating 15 syns most days (I think ??) and had 2 (or maybe even 3 weeks) of STS or small gain. what you think ?? Anyway, you have cracked it again - YAAAAAAY. Superstar. Looking forward to hearing about this week again :D

The photos look FANTASTIC. Particularly the ones of you playing with Suki where you aren't posed and in the most flattering position and yet you STILL look skinny. Really (bet you don't properly believe me though !). Fabulous :D

You do look normal, normal and slim :). But I totally get what you mean.

LOL

How has the search for worktops gone ? (or has Suki taken over ??!)

Did you really not have any chocolate cake ????? If not, WOOOOOOW !!!!

Ha, ha. You got a good 'un there :D

HA HA HA HA !!!! Delighted all is going well. You are a superstar and I love all the shiny's on your signature :D. Looking forward to the next one :D

Hope to catch up again soon.

Gail xxx

OMG Dawn, I have just noticed your BMI. OMG. How exciting :D

Gail x

Hi Gail!!! :D

Aww bless ya for spending that time catching up hunni! :thankyou:

And thanks for saying all those nice things! I swear if I didn't actually know that was me on the grass, I'd think it was some one else lol! :eek: Does not look like me at all!

I'm afraid the work tops are on hold atm while fur ball gets settled in :rolleyes: There's such an incredible amount of work to do with her! We're hoping to start her training in earnest from Thursday as I start my 7 days off then. That little girl has completely taken over our lives! I haven't been on the lap top for 2 days cos she eats all the wires :eek: The fridge has been taken over with dog food. And sitting on the settee, I can see 1 green squeaky duck, 1 teddy, 1 raggy toy, 2 balls, 1 chewy, 1 half chewed loo roll tube, 1 pink bear thing, 1 very chewed empty fruit n fibre box, 1 tiny puppy and 1 soppy hubby! And it isn't a big lounge either lol! :rolleyes:

I'm seriously amazed to be looking at just over half a stone to go :) At the time the whole journey seemed to be taking a long time, but now it's like it's been flying by :confused:

Anyway, I'm so glad you had a great week on your course, and your anniversary post was totally fabulous and so typically 'you' :) And I'm really pleased you're looking forward to the next year too xx

I think a catch up phone call is in order maybe over the weekend hun...;)

Take care x

Except that the toddler isn't going to eat your shoes, chew the table leg and redesign your rugs lol !!!

Dawn, your Suki is a little doll, she is delightful.

I see lots of :chores016: coming along.

Aww...that's so true Sue...well said xx

Oh, Dawn!! She is totally adorable! I hope your all getting on okay! Loving the pics! :D xx

Thanks Bex xx We're doing fine ...I think!!! Still settling in...she's ruling the roost atm lol!

Oooh yes!!! Wow!!! :D

Thanks Jules! Getting close now :eek:

Hi dawn, my living room still looks like that now and my dog is nearly 3 lol

I know your a good cook so hopefully you can help me out with this if you don't mind? I have a recipe here for peach and cardamom brulee out of the curry heaven cookbook, i forget to get 0% Greek yogurt can i substitute this for fromage frais or will it go wrong do you think?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. X x

Hi Dawn,

Yes, catch up at the weekend sounds good. I had meant to ring last weekend but didn't get round to it. I'm working so don't know what time I'll be free but I'll try you when I'm around. You can always text me if you're free to talk and if I'm free, I'll call. Look forward to it :)

Gail x

I know your a good cook so hopefully you can help me out with this if you don't mind? I have a recipe here for peach and cardamom brulee out of the curry heaven cookbook, i forget to get 0% Greek yogurt can i substitute this for fromage frais or will it go wrong do you think?

I personally think that Fromage Frais will be too cheesey/sour and a bit runny. It will also curdle if you have to boil it.

Pommette said:
I personally think that Fromage Frais will be too cheesey/sour and a bit runny. It will also curdle if you have to boil it.

Thank you pommette ill get some body magic in then and walk to asda to got the yogurt! X

Hi dawn, my living room still looks like that now and my dog is nearly 3 lol

Thank you pommette ill get some body magic in then and walk to asda to got the yogurt! X

Sorry Shenzi...I've only just seen your post...hope the recipe went ok!

Thanks for replying Bev btw :D

Hey there guys and dolls x

That's it for work for another week ... YAAAY!!! :party0019:

I'm hoping to find a little more time to come on here over the next week as I really feel I've not been around much, and I really miss it. My other project is little Suki of course. I would like to have a good push at the house training, and the feet biting lol! And we need to register her with our vets too. We're taking her to visit one of the older church members tomorrow, Les. He fell in love with her on Sunday so we said we'd bring her to see him. Poor Les has been very depressed since his wife died tragically due to a hospital blunder, so if Suki can put a smile on his face that would be lovely.

Other jobs this week include mowing the lawn before Suki disappears in it, going to see mum, looking after Shirleys house and garden while she's away at her mums, and maybe washing the carpets, again ;) Yes I know it's pointless with Suki peeing everywhere, but I just need to do them!

And I must spend some time planning my food too. The stupid scales are showing a sts again, even though I've been totally on plan apart from having half a curry on Saturday night :sigh: Never mind...I would have like to have got to target by my birthday in September but it's not the end of the world...I hopefully won't be too far off it :fingerscrossed:

Todays Food EE

42g weetabix crunchy bran (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

salmon salad
salad cream (2)
velvet crunch (4)
apple
banana
yoghurt

mince
jacket spud
21g half fat cheddar (1/2 A)
carrots
green beans
butter (2)

options hot choc (2)

Total syns:- 10

Evening dawn thanks for popping by to offer some of your fab encouragement, you keep me going!! I saw smoking friends on sun so i drank more than i should , i am definatley finding it harder without the patches but i am determined to stick with it, you are right a few pounds is better than caving in now x x have a few good days off work x x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hey Sarah!

No thanks needed hun! We all want you to succeed!!!

Just look at the benefits...

The quitting timeline
After 20 minutes your blood pressure and pulse return to normal.
After 24 hours your lungs start to clear.
After two days your body is nicotine-free and your sense of taste and smell improve.
After three days you can breathe more easily, and your energy increases.
After two to 12 weeks, your circulation improves.
After three to nine months coughs, wheezing and breathing improves.
After one year your heart attack risk is half that of a smoker.
After 10 years your lung cancer risk is half that of a smoker.

I don't know if you've looked at this web site but it's certainly worth a nose...

10 health benefits of stopping smoking - Live Well - NHS Choices

Keep going Sarah xx

Thanks for the reminder on smoking. I'm quitting when I get to target and will carry on SW to make sure I don't put any weight on.

Re dogs and the elderly. Being in the medical sector I think you'll already know this, but there are a huge number of nursing homes use visiting dogs as a therapy for their residents. It apparently works wonders for thee mental accuity and depression. Well done you for going visiting!

Enjoy your time off Dawn with little Suki. As for WI, good luck and hope it does show a loss. Last night our C was telling a few people about the Fast Forward plan. Apparently it is fairly strict and does restrict portion sizes but it is to help people lose the last few pounds. Apparently most people only do it for a few days but it helps kick start the weight loss. May be worth asking your C about it?
Take care and have fun few days off x

Thankyou Penny xx

I have heard some people mention this but absolutely no idea what it is. I will ask tonite about it and see what she says. I know I've been spoilt with quite a fast weight loss up until recently, so I really can't complain. It's just its so close now...but refusing to let me grab it lol! Xx

Back