Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

So what does SEx involve, as in Success Express!!!????

Good luck for WI tomorrow, will have fingers crossed for you x

It's pretty simple really...

You have to have 3 main meals a day

Every meal must consist of 2/3rds super free

You can't pile your plate up with food

You can have 2 hexA's and 2 hexB's

You can have 5 - 15 syns a day

Snacks should be superfree

Good luck!!!

Ear plus on their way in the post! Can send you some proper shooting ear defenders if that would help as well?

Ooh thank you Bev!!!

I'm glad some body is taking me seriously!!! ;)

Good luck!!!

Aha, so you're filling up on the superfree foods. Don't think I'll do it yet. Happy to stick with red/green/EE for a while, but thanks for letting me know x

This must be hard! I could not get 2/3rds superfree down. My toilet (harrump) is troubled enough with all the fruit and veg I already eat.

skinnydawn said:

Good luck!!!

Is free food still free or will free food turn into hex's? X

skinnydawn said:
Feeling a lot brighter this morning thankyou, and no plans so far so hopefully it might be a lazy day. Just need to make sure the poop machine knows that lol!

LOL :)

And did she ?!

Glad you're feeling better. And no hoovering - WOW !

I'm up too late (again !). Off to bed soon. Hope you're getting some relaxing 'me time' during your days off :)

Fingers crossed for Thursday.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hi ladies x

Been so busy visiting diaries I nearly forgot to post on my own!

Today has been a mixed day.

As usual on a Wednesday, Gwyn went to meet up with the guys at church which left me free to do some housework and play with Suki. He came home early as he'd got a hospital appointment to get his hearing aids. Well its a b*gger to park at the hospital so I said I'd take him as I could park in the staff carpark right next to the audiology dept, but of course we couldn't leave little Suki on her own so she came with us! It's handy actually as my office is in the same building as audiology so we sneaked Suki in and we waited there and had a chat with the girls while Gwyn had his appointment. It didn't take long and we were soon home with 2 shiny hearing aids. Apparently Gwyn is to wear them for an hour a day, then gradually build the time up.

This afternoon I mowed the lawn while Gwyn did a bit of shopping.

And then we had a phone call from my Auntie Sue to say that Dads brother Dave had died :'( I know it was expected, but its still a shock. Two brothers gone in the space of 3 months...life is very unfair sometimes. Sue was obviously very upset, and she has the added worry that her daughter Fay only has 8 weeks to go before she gives birth, and she had a bit of a turn today which was probably stress related. Such a shame her Dad didn't live long enough to see his new grand child.

So as you can imagine we've been a little subdued this evening. Whilst we're all very sad about losing Dave, it's also all a bit soon after Dad.

Right...todays food SEx (last day)

Strawberries/melon/yoghurt/options choc - (1)
250mls SS milk (A)

Last bit of cannelloni and salad (1)
Cheese (A)
Salad cream (2)
Peach

2 x sausages (2)
Scrambled egg
Mushrooms
Onion
Tinned toms
Tom ketchup (2)
2 x wm toast (B)

fibre plus bar (B)

Total syns:- 7

shenzi said:
Is free food still free or will free food turn into hex's? X

Free food is still classed as free food. I forgot to add that when synning a particular food, you have to count it as the HIGHEST syn value, which I forgot to do with my sausages tonight :( But I'm in bed now so cba to go downstairs and check how many syns they are on a green day.

So sorry about your sad news dawn, my thoughts are with you x x

Oh Dawn - I'm so sorry about your uncle. It must be so hard to accept that you've lost your dad and his brother is such a short space of time. My thoughts are with you and all the family and ((( BIG HUGS ))) to you all.

Thankyou both x

I'm so sad and yet so angry too. I just don't get it. Two men that did nothing wrong...both claimed by a disease that had no right to take them.

Do you know, everyone in my family who has had cancer has died from it. No one has survived it. What a pig of an illness it is :'(

Like you Dawn, everyone close to me I've known to get cancer has died. I have lost good friends far too young and you just want to scream.

When I asked the daughter of one of the friends who died 3 years ago, who is a doctor, why everyone we knew was dying from the dreadful disease, she said that we'd managed to find cures for most other things. Therefore you only hear about this now and not the other killer diseases of the 19th century like polio, TB and measles so that percentages looked skewed.

I know that's no comfort to you, but one day they will find a cure hopefully but in the meantime treatment can be a bit hit and miss.

Again ((( HUGS ))) chica.

Thanks Bev,
I apologise for going on last night. I'm better today. Just hearing the pain in Sues voice was heartbreaking, and all I could see was Dads last moments. Sorry xx. Haven't cried since his funeral, yet here I am trying to get ready for work with tears rolling down my face, and I'm not sure if I'm crying for Dad, Dave, or myself. Not like me. Anyway, gotta get moving. Thanks again Bev xxx

Aww honey, I'm so very sorry to hear your news. Life is a pig at times, and I really don't know what to say. Don't apologise for crying - you need to grieve for all those people close to you who sadly are no longer with you. You are a very special person and bring a lot of joy to so many people. Please take care and put yourself first for once xxx

Oh Dawn, I'm so sorry. Too soon for you and too cruel for everyone. Thinking of you. xx

I know that's no comfort to you, but one day they will find a cure hopefully but in the meantime treatment can be a bit hit and miss.

Again ((( HUGS ))) chica.

Gosh I do hope so !!

Thanks Bev,
I apologise for going on last night. I'm better today. Just hearing the pain in Sues voice was heartbreaking, and all I could see was Dads last moments. Sorry xx. Haven't cried since his funeral, yet here I am trying to get ready for work with tears rolling down my face, and I'm not sure if I'm crying for Dad, Dave, or myself. Not like me. Anyway, gotta get moving. Thanks again Bev xxx

Don't you dare apologise !!! You have every right to be devastated. You would be inhuman if you weren't.
Crying is good. Don't try and stop the tears. You need to do it.

Now this is an order................ cry when and where you want to cry............post on here just how you feel. We are your friends and want to be here to support and comfort you. Do stop thinking of everyone else. You need to grieve properly for both your dad and your uncle. The 2 are so closely linked it is like one and the same person for you.

Lots and lots of love :hug99:

WHat Sue said - perfect advise. We are all here for you just as you have always been for all of us :) grief is a weird thing Dawn. Its like you just see the light at the end of the tunnel and summit happens and you spiral back down again. The rawness takes time to go away and things like this bring it all back. My besties Dad passed 5 wks after mine. I went to his funeral and all I could think of was my Dad.,. same at my Uncles. We are only human, one day at a time, and remember all your cyber friends are always here for you if you need us , huge (((hugs))) xxxxx

I'll tell you what - if you want, instead of coming to you for coffee, we could both go round to Oncology, and just stand there tapping our feet & getting in the way, until they get their finger out and find a cure.

Or, better still, you put the kettle on, & I'll come down to you first to discuss the plan of action, and then we'll go to Oncology.

Or, more likely, we'll get too involved with gassing, and spinach-plaiting, and Plan B will never happen.

Ooh Stevie hun(k)

Yes you DO sound rather masterful there!!! :whoopass: You better go and have a lie down now :faint2:

I LOVE salad cream (very low fat of course)!!! In fact it's probably what I spend my syns on, along with ketchup, wine and gin lol! But I also use balsamic vinegar on salads too (sometimes mixed with a little mustard ...thanks Gail :D )

Now while we're on the subject of dressing, or maybe UNdressing...

I have one word for you...

BOXERS??????? :flirt2:

Ring any bells???

I've told you! - I'm more of a collie man (Lassie-type) or a German Shepherd (A "man's dog);)

Too much normality round here.
You're obviously missing me.

SPINACH!

with Olive Oyl?:D

Made some fantastic Greek Feta Cheese & Spinach pies at the weekend!
Just a shame about all the syns in the pastry :eek:

I do flans/quiches WITHOUT the pastry. In fact did a cheese and onion flan with HEXA & B's (reduced fat cheese, semi-milk & onion)

Ok...

What bl**dy idiot bought Suki a squeaky duck...??? :mad:

Oh yes...that would be me :rolleyes:

Ear plugs anyone??? :eek:

Shut the duck up!;)

. It didn't take long and we were soon home with 2 shiny hearing aids. Apparently Gwyn is to wear them for an hour a day, then gradually build the time up.

If he's got any sense he'll remove the damn batteries when wearing around the house:p

On a serious note. Dawn don't even start to analyse the cancer thing. As most of you might know I have lost so many friends and family all recently to this evil disease and it can screw you up if you stop and think about it. It is tragic when you mention it to someone just how many people's life it touches and is touching.

All we can do is just keep throwing any money we can afford at it and hope one day the breakthrough will come.

On that uncharacteristically sombre note I'll wish you good luck for WI tonight - Hopefully as you enter the realms of the 10 stoners, I'll be waiting to collect your subs!

Oh and enjoy the Indian;)

Steve

Back