Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

JackieN said:
Shes such a wee ball of fluff :D I love the one of her on Gwyn's shoes. Either Gwyn has big feet or Suki is a weeny puppy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lol!

Only size 9! :)

Herrrooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I am here, but a little frazzled.

And trying to arrange meeting up with a certain young man of our acquaintance...

Don't know any young men on here...;)

Shirley phoned tonight to say that there was no improvement with Edna and that the doctors suspect her deterioration is down to dementia :( They want to keep her in hospital for a couple of weeks or so while they make arrangements for her to go into a home. It's so very sad. Edna's nearly 94 and it's such a shame that this has happened to her. Shirley is devastated of course.

Before I go, I thought I'd put a few piccies of Sophie on which I took this afternoon after her bath xx

I understand how Shirley feels about her mother, the shock is tremendous but please reassure her that dementia isn't necessarily a dreadful thing. There are different kinds which affect people in different ways. My mother was diagnosed following a second bad fall nearly 3 years ago and now lives in an excellent residential home near me. She is happy, content and very well cared for and looks like my mum again.
The sad thing is that poor Shirley will grieve for the mother she once had and that is a difficult thing to come to terms with. It is easier to grieve for someone who has died than someone who hasn't, but the feeling is much the same.
My mother and I have good times together still but they are different now. Things were very difficult initially, me getting used to it really and understanding the changes, but now we have reached a kind of 'safe harbour' and I hope Shirley and her mum find the same. I'm so sorry that this has come so soon for her after losing your father, life is never simple is it?

Have you changes Suki's name to Sophie? Both are lovely.....she's grown so much, such a sweet little thing. :) x

I just assumed it was Dawn's own dementia, that she couldn't remember her own dog's name...

*Runs and hides*

Bess said:
I understand how Shirley feels about her mother, the shock is tremendous but please reassure her that dementia isn't necessarily a dreadful thing. There are different kinds which affect people in different ways. My mother was diagnosed following a second bad fall nearly 3 years ago and now lives in an excellent residential home near me. She is happy, content and very well cared for and looks like my mum again.
The sad thing is that poor Shirley will grieve for the mother she once had and that is a difficult thing to come to terms with. It is easier to grieve for someone who has died than someone who hasn't, but the feeling is much the same.
My mother and I have good times together still but they are different now. Things were very difficult initially, me getting used to it really and understanding the changes, but now we have reached a kind of 'safe harbour' and I hope Shirley and her mum find the same. I'm so sorry that this has come so soon for her after losing your father, life is never simple is it?

Have you changes Suki's name to Sophie? Both are lovely.....she's grown so much, such a sweet little thing. :) x

Bess thankyou so much for taking the time to write that lovely post xx

I'm sure Shirley is still in shock over it all...and like you say she's still obviously grieving for Dad too.

We're all relieved tbh that the decision has been made to put her in a nursing home, as there was talk initially of her going home. There's no way she's safe at home. It's emerged that she went into a neighbours flat recently and tried to put her hand in a pan of boiling water...thank god he stopped her. And the warden has been worried about her as they've had the fire brigade out to her flat 3 times now.

If its ok with you, I'd like to show Shirley your post when she comes home today. I think it would help her to see how well you and your mum have adjusted to a different way of life, which can still be fulfilling xx

Thanks again hunni xx

Oh, and oops to poor Suki's name!

She is still Suki!

Our other shih tzu was called Sophie!

Senior moment (birthday this week!) ;)

JimofTroy said:
I just assumed it was Dawn's own dementia, that she couldn't remember her own dog's name...

*Runs and hides*

You may well hide...;)

Ignore them Dawn.........a slight lapse in memory is so forgivable in the life of a *young* woman who packs more into each day than most people do into a week.:worthy:

Especially ignore that baby boy of mine and if he gives you too much earache just tell mumsie. I will sort him out for you.:copon:

Have a brilliant day and remember,every birthday is a bonus:D:hug99:

fillymum said:
Ignore them Dawn.........a slight lapse in memory is so forgivable in the life of a *young* woman who packs more into each day than most people do into a week.:worthy:

Especially ignore that baby boy of mine and if he gives you too much earache just tell mumsie. I will sort him out for you.:copon:

Have a brilliant day and remember,every birthday is a bonus:D:hug99:

Thankyou Sue xx

Now THERE'S a lady who talks A LOT of sense (Sarah...you reading this? ;)) xx

Sue, I think your boy may well meet his match in Sarah! Actually, I don't think he'll know what's hit him! ;)

You have a lovely day too hunni xxx

JimofTroy said:
What are you trying to say, Dawn?

Well you didn't hide for long! :)

Healing nicely, thanks.

You back at work on Thursday?
Will you have forgiven me by then?
Enough for a cuppa, at least?

I will be back Thursday...

You're already forgiven Sarah!

Anyone who's in the spinach club must be alright, right? ;)

What are you trying to say, Dawn?

Sarah's running scared already ain't that right Sassy? ;) (ps don't forget the spinach).

Dawn, you're not having a birthday cake are you?

The cake and its syns are fine, I just worry whether there's sufficient wax in the northern hemisphere to furnish it:eek:

Back