Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

JimofTroy said:
Oh, there you are. Hello.

Just checking, cos I'll be bringing something in, so I need to know:
Are we doing coffee tomorrow, or Friday?

I don't mind hun...whichever suits you best.

Hi guys,

Thought I'd post my food early today as we'll be out later on. The hospice that Dad was in is holding a remembrance service this evening so Gwyn, Shirley, Vicki and I are going.

We've had 2 walks with Suki so far today, and she gets so excited each time! It's such fun to take her out!

I'm feeling a bit happier than yesterday as I've hopefully lost the 2lbs I put on over the last couple of days, so if I can manage a sts tomorrow I will be pleased. I would prefer obviously to lose, even half a pound, as that would give me my next shiny.

Anyway, will post my food now so I don't need to do it later...

Red day

28g ready brek (part B)
250ml SS milk (A)
Apple

Ryvita (rest of B)
Salmon
Egg
Crab sticks
Salad cream (2)
Yoghurt

Ham and egg salad
Salad cream (2)
Banana and yoghurt (1)

Milky coffee (A)
Fibre plus bar (B)

Total syns:- 5

Suki looks like she had fun :D

I want to sit on the naughty bench. I haven't been naughty but if that's where all the in crowd are I want to go too :)

The rememberance service is a really nice idea.

tillymax said:
Suki looks like she had fun :D

I want to sit on the naughty bench. I haven't been naughty but if that's where all the in crowd are I want to go too :)

The rememberance service is a really nice idea.

Lol! You don't want to sit on the naughty bench Tilly! You're a good girl! You might get all corrupted by the naughty girls and then who's gonna knock us back into shape??? :)

Oooooh. Velvet crunch - yum :)

Prefer the cheesy ones because the chilli ones I always end up inhaling the flavoured powder - not good !!!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

A friend of mine once inhaled curry powder - he oversdosed on it - spent six days in a Korma;)

Oh dear...

Shall we make it a very LONG naughty bench??!

I wonder if anyone else wants to sit on it with us? ;)

Good Grief girls!

GO TO BED...... (I know you don't have work in the morning but I do and you keep posting...............!!!!)

Gail x

Night night ;)

You can bloomin' try practicing what you preach!:p

Shouldn't be getting so SKINNY then should ya lol!

Actually there's so many of us on the naughty bench this week we might have to sit on each others laps soon!

Omg...just hope Steve's having a really GOOD week...;)

Yes, well some of us take this seriously you know;) - not only would my skinny little tush fit easily on said bench, but in all fairness, it will have no need.

I was gonna say make room for Chelski Lou, but a bench would never suffice. Lou is probably lying on some couch somewhere (you're all making your own jokes up now ain't ya;))

S
x

Last edited:
Hiya Dawn - Suki really is a little bundle of fluff isn't she? And soooooo sweet

Good luck for tomorrow chica - you should be off the naughty bench then leaving more room for the rather large crowd that seems to have gathered!

I HAVE noticed that Emma! I was only moaning to gorgeous hubbs about it yesterday! I was frozen! And I've just put the heating on for 10 mins now! I never used to feel the cold like this! x

Me too. I'm freezing at the moment (doesn't help that I put the summer duvet on the bed recently !).

Hi guys,

Thought I'd post my food early today as we'll be out later on. The hospice that Dad was in is holding a remembrance service this evening so Gwyn, Shirley, Vicki and I are going.

We've had 2 walks with Suki so far today, and she gets so excited each time! It's such fun to take her out!

How did the service go ? I hope it was a positive experience, even though I know it will have been very hard too. I'm glad you decided to go though.

LOL. You are welcome. By the way, I will come back to your thread, I just haven't been able to keep up it moves so fast. Thanks for your patience though, I haven't forgotten you.

A friend of mine once inhaled curry powder - he oversdosed on it - spent six days in a Korma;)

Ha ha ha ! I wish I could tell jokes. I just ruin everything with my delivery of them (obviously shouldn't be as much of an issue in writing though !)

Good Grief girls!

You can bloomin' try practicing what you preach!:p

Eeek. Busted !!!

I was gonna say make room for Chelski Lou, but a bench would never suffice. Lou is probably lying on some couch somewhere (you're all making your own jokes up now ain't ya;))

Chels - you are welcome on our bench. We'll squidge up for you :)

Hope your day has been ok Dawn. Have been thinking of you. Hope to catch up again soon.

Gail x

Hi Dawn,

0.5lb on isn't too bad. Hope you aren't too disappointed with that. You are doing brilliantly and you know why this time. I hope you are having a good week. I have had (another) rubbish day this week - ooops. So, at least I know why I'll gain this week *sigh*.

Anyway, hope you are ok. I'm going to try and go to bed early tonight so might not be around for too much longer but will catch you again soon no doubt :)

Gail x

Hi guys ...

Well...I got the 1/2lb...

But it was ON!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Oops! :busted:

I have got to be SO good this week so I lose a pound next wi for my next shiny! Only thing that will probably get in my way is my :bday: at the weekend, but the REST of the week I'm going to BEHAVE!!! :angel09:

So Steve, I've just given you a half pound advantage in your quest to catch me!!! x :rolleyes: Let's see what you can do with it! ;)

Ooh...and Sarah and I got our heads together at lunch time today...swapped a few tales and ideas...:D

Hope you're looking forward to meeting her at the weekend. You'll have a fab time xx

We had a bit of a mixed time at the memorial service last night. It was lovely, very well put together and beautifully thought out. The evening consisted mainly of poetry, readings and music which all had some connection with the loss of a loved one. And then they read out a list of the people who had died recently in the hospice, and invited their family to light a candle in remembrance of them. Well, we were all ok up until that point, when they called dads name, and we went up. And something just went, and it was like losing him all over again. I was really shocked at how I felt, and Vicki was also very distressed, so we just sat and held each other as we cried. And last night I struggled to sleep as things were going round and round in my head. So tbh, I'm not sure that it was the right thing for us to go, but I'm sure a lot of people got some comfort from it.

One nice thing was that an elderly chap came up to us after the service and asked if we were Arthur Andrews relatives. When I said I was his daughter, he told me his name was Terry, and he had played cricket with dad as a school boy and remembered him really well! We had a lovely chat, and he told us a few stories about his days with dad, and I showed him some photos I had of dad on my phone. Terry sadly lost his sister in the hospice a couple of months ago.

As for today, I was much happier at work than I have been recently, although I'm still tempted to look around for something different. No idea what...just different.

Now I must post my food and then take Suki out for her last walk of the day. Hopefully I'll pop back on a bit later when I'm in bed xx

Todays Food EE

42g all bran (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

soup (3)
apple
banana

jacket spud
lean mince & mushrooms
baked beans
cheese (1/2 A)
butter (2)

fibre plus bar (6)

Total syns:- 11

Awwww poor Dawn. I knew it would be a difficult night for you. I'm still glad that you went though. Sometimes you need to have times like that as difficult as it might have been. I'd be interested to hear how you feel about it in a few days time looking back.

Apologies for putting your news on your thread first. I probably should've started the thread saying *SPOILER ALERT* or something similar !

As you can see, I've not actually gone to bed yet but I'm working on it.....................;)

Gail xxxxxxx

Hi Dawn,

I wonder if your ears were burning when I spoke with Steve??? He was telling me what a fantastic achievement you have made recently by getting down under 11 stone :O I am very, VERY impressed and you must feel so proud at your achievement! Plus the fact you are lighter than Steve now which is an added bonus ;)

Your Puppy is so cute! I did respond to you on mine about her and she is adorable.

Michelle x

Hi dawn, hope your feeling a little better now? It must have been lovely but at the same to sad for you to speak to someone that knew your dad when he was younger and had lots of tails to tell!

Don't worry about the gain i also got a gain but we are going to get it off next week aren't we! You have done amazingly well so i know you will! X

The Curse of The Target strikes again!
Sorry about the slight gain - but you know you can do this! You're the 3rd person tonight that I've read about to gain when they only had 2 lbs to go!

I know it's not till Sunday, but:

Happy Birthday, Dawn!

Enjoy your "cake".

Attachments

• image-1760694110.jpg
    image-1760694110.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 21
Oh, and what's half a pound?

That's not even a whole wee.
I could sneeze out that much!

It's a STS with Attitude, that's what a 1/2lb on is.
And remember you lost more than you expected last week. So this is just last week settling down.

So - don't do anything different.
Have your birthday.
Eat cake.
(Specially SPINACH cake.)
Birthday cake has no syns anyway, as you know. Nor has any food on your birthday.

And you WILL lose next week.
Ok?

Right. Pep talk over. As you were.

Back