Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Bess said:
I love reading the account of your day Dawn, it's soothing!

How's Shirley's mum? xx

Lol! :)

Edna is settling into her nursing home ok thank you. She has said she doesn't like a couple of the staff because they're not very nice to her, but we're fairly sure its her illness talking. I obviously haven't been to see her myself yet but I would like to. But its very likely she won't know who I am, and I don't want to distress her. I thought about writing her a card and sending some photos of us together...

Anyway, thanks for asking Bess x Hope you're a bit better now after your news xxx

I agree with Bess, you posts always sound so relaxed, even if there is a million things going on around you!!

I bet you're a really good person to have around during a crisis!

Hope you're having a good day xxx

My mum loves to get postcards so I'm sure Edna will too. Every time mum looks at them she sees them afresh! I tend not to take photo's unless they are very recent, which yours will be. I try not to jog mum's memory as she can get upset at things all over again.

I nearly killed my sister who corrected mum when she spoke about my father, thinking he was still alive. She felt the grief of losing him all over again - stupid girl! And she will bring photo's of years ago to try to 'jog' mum's memory....:rolleyes: then mum gets upset because she can't remember. Still my sister's only bothered to see her once this year, just as well.

Her room was redecorated not long ago and new curtains made. Mum was convinced that her own mother had done it for her....she'd have been 124!

Hellooo guys x

Well I've just logged on to see Sarahs news and....nothing!

Come on Sarah...where are you???

So in her absence, I shall tell you about my day.

It started with a nice cup of tea in bed, thanks to gorgeous hubbs. Gwyn and Andrew went off to see Les, the elderly chap who came for dinner a few weeks ago, as he had an old pc he wanted Andrew to have. So I went to Tesco to get a bit of shopping. Has a bit of an NSV moment actually cos I bought a pair of 12 brown trousers...but when I got home to try them on they were too big! Now there's not a cat in hells chance I'm a 10, but it still put a smile on my face!

This afternoon I made a vegetable curry for tea which was really tasty. And then Dans friend turned up with his van, and he and Dan picked up dads cabinet and delivered it safely to us. I'm not quite sure where its gonna go yet...but I'll think of something!

Oh, forgot to say I took Suki out for a walk in the rain...and had to give her a bath when we got back...

here's a pic of her before her bath, another taken while she was drying off after her bath, on Andrews lap, the third is a nice clean Suk, and the last on was taken earlier on xx

Todays food green

28g bran flakes (part B)
250ml ss milk (A)

boiled egg
baked beans
ryvita (rest of 1st B)
butter (2)
salad cream (2)

veg curry (spuds/carrots/toms/bns/onions/peas/chickpeas)
rice (1)
raita
salad
strawberries
yoghurt (1)

milky coffee (A)
fibre plus bar (B)

Total syns:- 6

Attachments

• suki rain walk.jpg
    suki rain walk.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 18
  • suki licking andys finger.jpg
    suki licking andys finger.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 17
  • suki after bath.jpg
    suki after bath.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 15
  • suki laying on her back.jpg
    suki laying on her back.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hi being new on here I have been reading a few peoples diarys yours is really inspiring an I think you have done so well just wanted to say hope you don't mind me commenting :) x

Oooh that curry sounds nice. Could you tell me how to make it please :D

Sure...I borrowed the idea from Petes recipe on the post your recipes thread...

I didn't want to use chicken as I was doing a green day, and I hadn't got a lot of the spices, so I adapted it a bit, but this is the proper recipe...

Pete’s Butternut Squash Chicken Curry

Serves 4
Ingredients

425g/½ butternut squash
1 onion, chopped
1tsp “easy lazy” garlic
1tsp “easy Lazy” ginger
1tsp cumin
1tsp turmeric
1tsp coriander
1tsp garam masala
1tsp madras curry powder
600g chicken, pre-cooked, chopped into cubes
750mL chicken stock
350g/½ bottle of passata

Method

(This can be made in advance.)
Chop up the butternut squash into small cubes; leave the skin on, extra fibre!
Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onion, cook for 7 mins,add butternut squash, madras curry powder and chicken stock, cook for 40 mins, remove from the heat and liquidize with a hand blender.

Continue.

Place back on heat and add cumin, turmeric and coriander, cook for 1 min, add tomato and chicken cook until chicken has been cooked through. Add the garam masala 1 min before serving.

When I made it, I just fried the chopped onions & garlic for a few mins, then added the chopped bns, stock & curry powder & left to simmer for half an hour.

While the sauce was simmering, I cooked a saucepan of spuds, carrots & peas ( I would have added cauliflower if I'd got some!).

Then I blended the bns mixture, put it in a saucepan and added the cooked veg, a tin of mushrooms, a tin of chick peas and a tin of chopped toms. I chucked in a bit of salt and pepper, let it cook through for 10 mins, and then served. The bns made a very nice thick sauce which we all enjoyed. I'm sure the proper recipe is much tastier than mine but I didbt have all the ingredients!!! :eek:

Hi being new on here I have been reading a few peoples diarys yours is really inspiring an I think you have done so well just wanted to say hope you don't mind me commenting :) x

Aww thanks Linica xx

That's a lovely thing to say :thankyou: and of course you can comment any time hunni! :D

Have you started a diary of your own yet? :)

:) yes started a diary it does keep me positive. I sts last week so hoping for a loss this week. I weigh on a thurs but just doing it on line so not got a group for support, but after finding this forum I've found so much useful info an help it's great. Pop onto my diary an see if I'm doing it right an pointers would be fab x

:) yes started a diary it does keep me positive. I sts last week so hoping for a loss this week. I weigh on a thurs but just doing it on line so not got a group for support, but after finding this forum I've found so much useful info an help it's great. Pop onto my diary an see if I'm doing it right an pointers would be fab x

I will! See you soon! :D

Well I've just logged on to see Sarahs news and....nothing!

Come on Sarah...where are you???

Ok, ok, I'm almost there.
It's been a bit more of a manic evening than I expected.

Give me half a mo, and you'll have your blasted news!

Hmmmmm....;)

Come ON Sarah!!! :rolleyes:

My dog's packing her bone to come and live with you. She gets a bath once a year in the yard with the hosepipe...unless she rolls in something disgusting then it's more often. Mind you, I did take pity on her this summer and did it with watering cans of warm water.....perhaps she'll remember and stay now.....:rolleyes:

Suki certainly does not look very happy in the first piccie, but certainly looks happy in the last one, she is gorgeous x

Back