Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Jaybejazz said:
Hi Dawn,
really sorry to read you have had a bit a rough time of it at the mo, it's lovely to see you have some really great friends here to lift your spirits and keep you going. :) Hope things have inproved now and little Suki is feeling better, Albert sends her a doggy hug :gen126:

Jade x

Hi Jade xx

Aww...please give Albert a big lick from Suki! X She seemed absolutely fine this morning so we have no idea what she did to herself yesterday.

You're right about the friends on here...they make such a huge difference x

Hope you're getting on ok xx

I 'spect you might need to know where I live.

OR I could say: I'll feed you - but only if you can find me!

What do you reckon?

Well if u want your sloes...

I suppose I'd better have your address! ;)

Oh, alright then.
I spose.

Gwyn didn't come up with a good enough excuse to get you out of having to come, then?

So, I message Dawn my address, and detailed instructions of how to find me - and it turns out that her uncle lives 4 doors away!!!

So no instructions were needed.
What a small world it is, sometimes.

Wow, it really is a small world - Dawn you are so lucky to have found so many friends on here who live so nearby! You really must live in the centre of the universe!!

Hope Suki is feeling better today xx

PS Did you see this little fluff ball - Suki might have a competition on her hands!!

Cutest dog in the world? Boo the Pomeranian has 1.9m Facebook fans and a book deal | Mail Online

I saw this in a magazine - not a Pomeranian lover, but he is just too cute! Hehe. x

Oh Dawn ,, you have brought back memories from last year . My Dad died and in his previous years had told us that when he 'went' we werent to get rid of his cabinet..!! It was actually on old writing bureau (sp ? ) Hideous in many ways but like yours, full of interesting stuff.. I have a brother ans a sister and my brother was for throwing it out with the clearance but my sister and I were too sentimental and it was me he said it to. My sister had room, so as far as I know it went to Wales.. I have some other memory items though..
I can well imagine how you felt when you got that call about poor Suki. Bless her .. something must have really hurt her.. I saw that little dog in the news.. looked like a teddy bear head on a tiny dog body.. rather cute though..
I didnt realise you were at target ... wow !!!!

Hi Diana,

It's really difficult isn't it? I know I can't keep everything, and I'm not trying to create some sort of shrine, but I simply couldn't let it go. It's not as pracyical as the sideboard, but we are keeping that...it's just that it's gotta go in the bedroom. And of course then the bed settee has got to go...

I only hit target last week so it hasn't been long...and then I put a pound on last night! :eek:

Evening ladies x

Oh this is so hard...trying to catch up on here whilst still keeping one eye on the Saints v Sale match...It's 15-9 to us atm if anyones's interested :D

I've had a really good day today :)

Work was totally acceptable, except I got talked into working on one of my days off next week :banghead: Idiot! :cool:

Anyway, the nice (sorry Sarah) surprise was an invitation to coffee with Sarah this afternoon. I'm still amazed that she only lives 4 doors away from my uncle, and that she knew my nans name! I've probably been parking outside Sarah's house for years lol! And I'm glad to say that spinach is in the menu for tomorrow night chez Jimbo...and we're going Greek :drool: I can't wait...never had Greek food so I'm really looking forward to it :eating: Now all I have to do is pick half hundredweight of sloe berries to take as a thank you gift...and decide what to wear of course...:eek:

Suki seems to be absolutely fine today and making Gwyn out to be a total drama queen!!! Little monkey she is! Her latest trick is to pinch the apples and tomatoes from the garden and bring them in the house to eat! :rolleyes: As fast as we take them off her she runs back outside to get another one! :8855:

So tomorrows day is all planned out...sloe berry picking in the morning, housework, washing etc. then it'll be time for us to get our glad rags on and pootle round to Sarahs :D

Hope you're ready for Gwyn hun...and I'm looking forward to my duet seranade!!!

Todays food EE

42g all bran (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

bacon and lentil soup
velvet crunch (4)
apple
banana
5 plums
yoghurt

bolognaise served with salad instead of pasta
cheese (1/2 A)
strawberries and yoghurt
wine (8)

Alpen bar (3)

Total syns:- 15

Will you ladies just be honest and admit you're all missing me like hell? - actually it's mutual as the Sunshine state is moist again!

I think I left my sunshine behind in Blighty ;)

Hang on in there my honeys;)

Steve
x

Thanks sis,

Now I know you'll be cross for telling everyone, but I'm going to tell them anyway...

So thank you Gail for being so naughty but so lovely too :hug99:

Yes, I am cross........:copon: :flamingmad: but like you I can't be too cross with you :p. I hope you have a fantastic time there - you totally and utterly deserve it. Looking forward to hearing how you got on :)

Gail xxxxxx :hug99:

skinnydawn said:
Anyway, the nice (sorry Sarah) surprise was an invitation to coffee with Sarah this afternoon. I'm still amazed that she only lives 4 doors away from my uncle, and that she knew my nans name! I've probably been parking outside Sarah's house for years!!
And I'm glad to say that spinach is in the menu for tomorrow night chez Jimbo...and we're going Greek :drool: I can't wait...never had Greek food so I'm really looking forward to it :eating:

then it'll be time for us to get our glad rags on and pootle round to Sarahs :D

Hope you're ready for Gwyn hun...and I'm looking forward to my duet seranade!!!

Oh dear. Now I'm really torn! Obviously I need first hand evidence of you in a dress (!), but if it wasn't for that, I'd say please, please, please don't dress up! I really don't do formal!
It's scary enough knowing that I've got house-proud people coming round to my cobweb-ridden, junk-filled lair, without them getting all togged up to do it, and making me feel I've got to be on my best behaviour! (But don't worry, all - I won't be. Or rather I will be, but best & worst are pretty much the same for me!)

And of course SPINACH will be on the menu: how could it not be?
I'm afraid I can't produce the effect of a Greek taverna, with a vine-roofed open terrace, on the shores of the Aegean, with bouzouki music playing in the background - which is where Greek food is meant to be eaten. But I'll do my best!

And as to whether I'm ready for Gwyn: hmmmmm. I think the real question is: is he ready for me! I'm a bit of an acquired taste, you know. Shouldn't be inflicted on the unwary, or those of a nervous disposition. I hope you've warned him!

By the way, I don't have to invite uncle Stephen round too, do I?

Hehehe!

Good grief woman! Anyone would think my middle name was Aggie!

I don't know where you get the idea we're house proud...I simply have this unhealthy obsessional relationship with my Dyson! I can leave anything else, maybe not the sinks or loos, but my carpets have to be done!

I think I'll rescue you from a fate worse than death tonight and stick my jeans or trousers on...save the dress for when we go out for a curry one night! If I'm going to be inflicting Gwyn on you for the first time, it might be best to limit the number of shocks! ;) Actually, he's a sweetie, and yes I HAVE warned him about you!

Oh, and I'm even dying my hair now as we speak! And then I'm off to the back of beyond (well to the end of our road at least) to pick your sloes. And it looks like rain! :(

The things you do for a free meal...;)

Oh, and uncle Stephen says thanks for the invite but he's watching Dr Who on the telly tonight! Xx :)

Well done on only gaining a pound after your Target Celebrations xxx

Glad that it was nothing serious with Suki xxx

I haven't had Sloe gin for years, will have to ask my Dad if he knows where there are any;)

Thanks Lynne x

Yeah, you're right, a pound is ok really :)

I love sloe gin...such a shame its got so much sugar in it! :(

Maverick said:
Wow, it really is a small world - Dawn you are so lucky to have found so many friends on here who live so nearby! You really must live in the centre of the universe!!

Hope Suki is feeling better today xx

PS Did you see this little fluff ball - Suki might have a competition on her hands!!

Cutest dog in the world? Boo the Pomeranian has 1.9m Facebook fans and a book deal | Mail Online

Haha! I don't know about the centre of the universe lol! But I am so pleased Sarah sought me out at work that morning we first met, and I'm thrilled to have met my gorgeous SIS Gail, maintainance queen Jules, lovely Nat, and I'm really looking forward to meeting Steve soon, hopefully, I think! And I'm determined to have coffee with Jackie too, when she has a moment to spare bless her x.

That little doggy is so cute! Thanks for posting it! I should imagine its a lot easier to brush now!

Hmmn...maybe I should start a fb page for Suki...my other 2 dogs had one...:)

Back