Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Oh dear. Now I'm really torn! Obviously I need first hand evidence of you in a dress (!), but if it wasn't for that, I'd say please, please, please don't dress up! I really don't do formal!
It's scary enough knowing that I've got house-proud people coming round to my cobweb-ridden, junk-filled lair, without them getting all togged up to do it, and making me feel I've got to be on my best behaviour! (But don't worry, all - I won't be. Or rather I will be, but best & worst are pretty much the same for me!)

And of course SPINACH will be on the menu: how could it not be?
I'm afraid I can't produce the effect of a Greek taverna, with a vine-roofed open terrace, on the shores of the Aegean, with bouzouki music playing in the background - which is where Greek food is meant to be eaten. But I'll do my best!

And as to whether I'm ready for Gwyn: hmmmmm. I think the real question is: is he ready for me! I'm a bit of an acquired taste, you know. Shouldn't be inflicted on the unwary, or those of a nervous disposition. I hope you've warned him!

By the way, I don't have to invite uncle Stephen round too, do I?

Hi Sarah,

Don't worry about Dawn. My house is a bit of a junk yard and even though I (think I) tidied up, I'm a hoarder. She didn't say anything (to my face anyway - who knows what she said behind my back !!!!!). I don't think Dawn cares what your house is like, I think she cares that you are making the effort to cook for her and Gwyn, and THAT IS IT !

Have a fantastic evening. I'm sure you will.

Gail x

Thankyou Gail!

That's EXACTLY wot I've tried to say to Sarah! Only she probably thinks I'm just being NICE!

And your house is LOVELY too!

And its HUGE!!! xxx

Eeeeek. Now they'll think I live in a mansion !!!!!

Gail x

Maximus said:
Will you ladies just be honest and admit you're all missing me like hell? - actually it's mutual as the Sunshine state is moist again!

I think I left my sunshine behind in Blighty ;)

Hang on in there my honeys;)

Steve
x

Hmmm...

Steve...

Name rings a bell...;)

gl12282 said:

Gail x

You do!

JackieN said:
you see Sarah always says she not 'nice' but she is shes always doing 'nice' things :D

Enjoy your meal out Dawn xxxxx

I know...but I wouldn't dare say it to her face! ;)

Thanks Jackie, I'm sure we'll have a great nite xx But not nice! Xx

gl12282 said:

Gail x

Ooh...should I not mention the Olympic sized swimming pool, artificial ski slope and servants...??? ;)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I can't tell you the number of times you make me laugh out loud !!!!!

For all those who haven't seen my house, it's called a town house, but it's actually just a mid-terraced house in reality !!

Gail xxxxx

Well at least Dawn already knows the size of my house: it's exactly the same as Uncle Stephen's.

But NOT tidy, or very clean. Still.

Don't tell Dawn - but so far I've made hummus, tzatziki, spanakopita and baklava. The souvlaki are marinating, and the pastitsio just needs the topping.
Then to concoct the horiatiki salad, and the "yoghurt honey nats" (which it's always been called since we saw it on one particular menu in Lesvos!).

You won't tell Dawn what I'm cooking, will you, girls?

... and

you see Sarah always says she not 'nice' but she is shes always doing 'nice' things :D

Enjoy your meal out Dawn xxxxx

Hmmmmm......

I am whispering so Dawn doesn't hear :D I won't tell her what you are cooking Sarah, mainly because I don't know what most of it is :8855: and there was no mention of spinach which is rather worrying :eek:

xxxxxxx

You can stop worrying, Jackie.
Spanakopita are Greek spinach & cheese pie type things.

And there might be a bit of spinach in the salad too.

And maybe a tiny garnish on the yoghurt for pudding?

Hmmmm. I expect if Dawn doesn't lose this week, it will be entirely my fault!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I can't tell you the number of times you make me laugh out loud !!!!!

For all those who haven't seen my house, it's called a town house, but it's actually just a mid-terraced house in reality !!

Gail xxxxx

And the butler? :D

Soon to be slim chloe said:
Dawn. Wow how open and honest are you its refeshing. I just joined today so no diary. You have done amazing keep up the good work. xxx

Aww thanks Chloe! That's very kind of you hunni x.

And welcome to minis! This has to be the best forum ever! It's a great place to off load, have a moan about bad days, celebrate good days, meet new friends, take the p*ss out of Steve...;)

I hope you're doing ok Chloe x. Please keep popping back, and when you've started your diary, let me know the address xxx

JimofTroy said:
Well at least Dawn already knows the size of my house: it's exactly the same as Uncle Stephen's.

But NOT tidy, or very clean. Still.

Don't tell Dawn - but so far I've made hummus, tzatziki, spanakopita and baklava. The souvlaki are marinating, and the pastitsio just needs the topping.
Then to concoct the horiatiki salad, and the "yoghurt honey nats" (which it's always been called since we saw it on one particular menu in Lesvos!).

You won't tell Dawn what I'm cooking, will you, girls?

Sarah!

This is your dinner guest speaking! (well one of them)

I thought I said don't go to too much trouble???!

No wonder you said don't tell me!! (Probably not the wisest thing to post it on my thread tho ;))

That food REALLY sounds incredible...in fact when I read it out to Gwyn, he thought it was a wind up!

But you should NOT be spending your Saturday in the kitchen because of us! Naughty Sarah!

Having said all that...I can't bl**dy wait to get stuck into it lol! :)

Back