Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

That's great .. getting to know each other in person. Would love the opportunity of meeting Minis that are in this area but don't think anyone would want to entertain an old fogie .... :D

Well I'm sure I don't know any old fogies on here :confused:

I know I've been really lucky to meet several lovely minis, and hope to meet more in the future :)

I will definitely pop in for :coffee: if I'm anywhere near you Emmaline...

Black, 2 sweeteners...and I could possibly have my arm twisted for a piece of cake if there's any going...;)

That's great .. getting to know each other in person. Would love the opportunity of meeting Minis that are in this area but don't think anyone would want to entertain an old fogie .... :D

Of course they would Emmaline! It's just a shame I'm on the other side of the country. :)

Oh dear, sorry you can't see the pics Bex :( it was yummy! And I forgot to mention the kebabs Sarah made too!

Well I've tried to be very good today, and o think I've partly succeeded. I haven't OVEReaten but I think I may have UNDEReaten, though not intentionally. This morning, Gwyn and I were so engrossed in the Scotland match we were running late for church, and I didn't have time to have breakfast, and I forgot to grab a banana on the way out like I planned :(

So it took quite a lot of willpower to turn down the gorgeous homemade cake that was on offer after the service, but I did it! As it was the harvest service, there were some extra people there who normally attend other churches and who I hadn't seen for a few months, and they made some lovely comments about my weight loss :)

After lunch I had a little play on minis, and then mum popped up for half an hour. We showed her the bed settee that's got to go and asked if she'd like it and she was really thrilled with it! She'd just cone from the British Heart Foundation shop where she'd been looking at settees!

This evening I started to get a craving for cake, which is very unlike me. I usually crave savoury things like crisps and nuts etc. Anyway, this stupid craving just wouldn't go away, so after bathing the dog I made a sw roulade. Ooh it REALLY hit the spot! I haven't made one for a couple of weeks so I was more than ready for it!

And then just now I've had a lovely chat with my gorgeous SIS Gail :)

You know the one...loses 6lbs in one week ;) ... yep, that's her! :) We had a very good natter about all sorts of things, including suggestions for recipe ideas of what to cook my other sis Sarah. Got some great ideas so thanks Gail xx

Ok, so time to post my food as I'm nodding off and I've got work tomorrow .... :(

No breakfast

Ham and egg salad
Salad cream (2)
Banana/tinned peaches (1)
Yoghurt (1)

Apple

Sw roulade

Total syns; - 4

Forgot my hex's today, oops!

Great minds think alike Re: the sofa and your Mum. That's perfect :D

Thanks for your lovely comments :)

And finally, when we were chatting I didn't really realise quite how 'rubbish' you'd been in food terms until I saw it written down............. oh well, I'm hardly one to criticise ! Well done on resisting the cake (which I KNOW I couldn't have done !). Hope you have a good week.

Gail xxxx

Sofa so good:p

Enjoy work tomorrow hun:cool:

Eeh that poor woman in Norwich and nobody willing to meet up. Where's your sense of adventure then? Northhants and Norwich must be close as start with the same letter;)

I want to know how you can binge and lose weight - perhaps spinach is a performance enhancing drug?

Steve

Good grief woman! I go away for a few days and come back to over 130 posts to read! Phew that took some time to catch up.

Sounds as though you had a lovely time with Sarah (sorry - that sounds far too nice). I LOVE Greek food - all except baklava I'm afraid, far too sweet for me. But the rest looked yummy.

Suki really is a real cutie pie! Give her a hug from me.

And hey - what's a pound? You are maintaining now and can float 3 lbs either way you know! So nay panic lass!

Have a good day at work if you can, and slapped wrists from me for getting talked into working on your day off - AGAIN!

Hey Dawn

Sounds like you had a fantastic time with Sarah, it's so lovely that people on here can become real friends :)

And all that food looks sooo yummy, making my mouth water and it's not even lunch time yet!!

Hope work isn't too bad for you today - Monday's are always a thought aren't they?!
xxx

Emmaline said:
Well done Dawn for keeping your food check going! When getting to goal that's the time we tend to relax and start gobbling all sorts of goodies. You are such a good example to follow.

(that's not actually what I wanted to say but can't think of the words I want....must be old age! .... :D)

Lol! Thanks Emmaline, I think! xx. ;)

Thanks Penny x

Suki is absolutely fine thankyou :) I gave her a bath last night and she's gone all fluffy! I've just come home from work to find her asleep on Gwyns shoes again.

We did have a good time at Sarahs! Really "nice" ;)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110926_175439.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110926_175439.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 28
What a cr*ppy day it's been today! :badmood:

Computer system down :banghead:
Fax broken :banghead:
Printer almost broken :banghead:
Ambulance broken down :banghead:

Grrrr! :rant2:

Ok, got that out my system now :rolleyes:

So apart from work, today has been fairly good!

Actually, little Suki rescued me this morning! I forgot to set my alarm, but luckily Suki woke me up at 7am...what a clever girl! So at least I got to work on time!

And when I came home, Katy's friend had been to pick up the spare bed in Daniels room which means I can put the bed settee in there for a couple of days so I can then put the sideboard from downstairs in our bedroom!!! And then we have to arrange to get the bed settee to mums, and that will mean Dans room will be all ready for his furniture when he moves back in next month. I can see I'm going to be busy over the next few evenings! Why did I say I'd work ot this week??? :confused:

Todays food Green

42g all bran (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

lentil and spinach curry & rice
salad
salad cream (2)
boiled egg
velvet crunch (4)
2 apples
banana
sw roulade

lentil and spinach curry & rice again
chutney (3)
salad
hi fi bar (B)

sw roulade
milky coffee (rest of A)

Total Syns:- 9

Oh dear! Everything gone wrong today, but at least your home now with your feet up food looks yummy today as always! :) Fancy giving me some cooking lessons lol x x

Phew! I feel exhausted just reading that lot...:D

Shame about all the systems crashing.. my! how we rely on all this technology.... :confused:

Btw, my remarks last time were def all good... who could say anything bad about you anyway Dawn... :)

Aww Emmaline...you're always so lovely!!! :hug99:

I sooo have to come and see you when I'm next in your neck of the woods x

Oh dear! Everything gone wrong today, but at least your home now with your feet up food looks yummy today as always! :) Fancy giving me some cooking lessons lol x x

Lol!!!

Ive just posted on you thread how lovely YOUR food looks today!!! :8855:

skinnydawn said:
Lol!!!

Ive just posted on you thread how lovely YOUR food looks today!!! :8855:

Just because it sounds nice doesn't mean it tasted nice ;) actually today it wasn't too bad even farticus offered to try and make a stir fry next week as it looked quite easy, about blooming time he started cooking :D x x

Good old farticus!!!

Bout time you found a use for him!!! :8855:

Back