Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Omg dawn just catching up on your diary never a dull moment
So sorry to read your sad news it's never easy an when it's so unexpected seems worse :-( life can be so cruel sometimes xx

Well done on your loss though an your new trousers wow size 10 is my dream I'm just about back in a 12 :)

Take care hun x

Wow Dawn. What a job! I was reading through your post wondering what an earth you do for a living to see those dramas and now it makes sense! Sounds like a stressful job though. Do you answer the 999 calls too? X

Hi Shrinki,

No, we don't answer any 999 calls in our office, although sometimes my vehicles do assist with emergencies. We do admissions, discharges, transfers and outpatients to and from hospitals, hospices, medical units, nursing homes and private addresses.

Years ago, after finishing my shift on the road, I used to do overtime in the emergency control room. It was a real eye opener...idiots ringing in because they cant find the TV remote control...broken finger nails...car wont start...you name it, they wanted paramedics to sort it! :rolleyes:

Gosh Dawn, sounds like you have to be a "Jack of all trades"! I nearly faint when I see my own blood let alone someone else's...:eek:

My son has told me many a story about his experiences as a paramedic and some of the awful things like people getting in the way of the ambulance and refusing to pull over!...Thankfully only a very few act like that.

Well done to you for being of such strong character in being able to step in when the need is there! ... :)

skinnydawn said:
Hi Shrinki,

No, we don't answer any 999 calls in our office, although sometimes my vehicles do assist with emergencies. We do admissions, discharges, transfers and outpatients to and from hospitals, hospices, medical units, nursing homes and private addresses.

Years ago, after finishing my shift on the road, I used to do overtime in the emergency control room. It was a real eye opener...idiots ringing in because they cant find the TV remote control...broken finger nails...car wont start...you name it, they wanted paramedics to sort it! :rolleyes:

My goodness, people are such idiots! I would never call an ambulance unless if it is life threatening! These people should be fined.... Probably prank callers most of them.

Wow, what an eventful work life you have Dawn....so sad about the woman running her husband down. That's not so unusual, it's happened here a time or two (and I don't think any were deliberate ;).) Must be dreadful.
Fab news about the size 19 trousers though! Well done! xx

Wow, what an eventful work life you have Dawn....so sad about the woman running her husband down. That's not so unusual, it's happened here a time or two (and I don't think any were deliberate ;).) Must be dreadful.

I had to chuckle :8855:

Hi Shrinki,

In fairness that is a life-or-death situation:eek:

Haha Dawnie B-U-S-T-E-D:8855:

Hi guys,

Just making my apologies for not being about tonight...only I have a very important dinner guest coming tomorrow so I'm chaining myself to the oven tonight!

I've even got my pinny on!

So, I'm off to do some cooking...hope to pop in a bit later.

Have a good night! Xx

Hey! How's the cooking going? I have just cooked a chilli and spag Bol. There will be seven of us for dinner each night for the next week so I need to plan, plan, plan. I have to get ready for Hattie's fifth birthday party on Sunday too and as everything shuts in Switzerland on a Sunday, I have to make sure I don't forget to buy anything tomorrow. At least I have tomorrow nights dinner cooked now :). It's chilling (with lids on) outside in the Swiss air!

Hi guys,

Just making my apologies for not being about tonight...only I have a very important dinner guest coming tomorrow so I'm chaining myself to the oven tonight!

I've even got my pinny on!

So, I'm off to do some cooking...hope to pop in a bit later.

Have a good night! Xx

I don't think you emphasized that enough, Dawn.

"very, Very, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY Important" should just about do it.

Don't make it too hot. Would hate to see her eye water:8855:

Well at least there's no risk of that from your "jokes", Steve.

That was delicious, Dawn.
And I'm VERY full.

There are plenty of left-overs at Dawn's, everyone, if you want to pop round...

JimofTroy said:
That was delicious, Dawn.
And I'm VERY full.

There are plenty of left-overs at Dawn's, everyone, if you want to pop round...

You're very welcome Sarah x It was a pleasure.

And yep...plenty left if anyone's peckish! Although I pigged all the dessert so u can't have any of that!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111022_231408.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111022_231408.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 43
  • ForumRunner_20111022_231456.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111022_231456.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 41
Back