Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Evening guys and thanks once again for your messages of support xxx

We had a good journey to Leicester and were there in just over an hour. The ward was really nice and the staff were very welcoming. Mums ward is mixed sex but only has 6 beds so it's quite small. We settled her in and it wasn't long before a lovely doctor came to see her. While we were chatting, he told us that he did a spell at NGH and knew some of the doctors I know, and he used to live 5 minutes from us. He said that the surgeon doing mums operation was one of the best, and that he would try to do key hole surgery if at all possible, but there was a good possibility that he would have to open her up. And she's going to be last on the list tomorrow so she probably won't be back on the ward until after tea time.

I have to admit my food has been pretty crappy today. I'm ok really, but going to the hospital did hit home a bit I suppose. It doesn't seem 5 minutes since we were in and out of hospital with dad...So today is just going to be written off as a bad day, and tomorrow I start this maintaining malarkey!

I hadn't been in long when Shirley rang to say she'd made a cake, the first in over 30 years, and would I come round to try it???

Well...I couldn't say no could I? So I forced myself into eating this HUGE piece of gorgeous sponge cake, and then had my are twisted into bringing the rest home! :eek: And I may just have a tiny piece before I go to bed, just to make sure it was really as nice as I thought it was earlier lol!

Hi Dawn - glad your mum's settled in.

Just off to bed as I am tired for once so will speak tomorrow.

Pommette said:
Hi Dawn - glad your mum's settled in.

Just off to bed as I am tired for once so will speak tomorrow.

bexyboo said:
Hi dawn.

Glad your mum is settled in the ward is okay for her. Hope it all goes well today.

Mmm sponge cake. Hope you really enjoyed it :)

xx

Thanks ladies x I hope she managed to get some sleep last night but I doubt it :( It's rotten that she's last on the list too as we're all going to be worrying like mad all day.. and of course she can't eat either :(

Well now I remember why I don't do maintaining! Just got on the scales to find a 4lb gain!

10st 4lbs!

OMG!

That's just Saturday nites curry and yesterdays food! That's ridiculous! And the reason why I like dieting not maintaining cos I lose my discipline and I don't know what I'm doing! So back to the drawing board, and the recipe books, and 100% this wk to get it off again by Thursday!

It'll do me good too...giv me something to focus on while we wait for news on mum x

Gwyns just gone for his review of his medication and I've told him to mention this cold he's had for over a month. I think he needs antibiotics or stronger steroids as its messing with his asthma and copd, and I'm worried cos he hasn't been able to have his flu jab yet and he must have it :(

Oh, and Suki jumped on the bed this morning and peed on it! Yuk! So I've got to get all that washed :( And then I've got to be really brave and go in Andrews room and try to clean it and make it smell free and habitable enough for mum when she comes out of hospital! Still, its something else to keep me busy x

Have a good day ladies, you too Steve, and Sarah of course ;) xxx

pjallen1982 said:
Big hugs Dawn. I really hope it all goes smoothly today. Thinking of you all xxx

Thanks Penny xxx Sorry I was writing when you posted xxx

Come on, Dawn - that's food weight, and you know it.
But be good all the rest of the week, and you'll be fine.

If not, I'll be round with my boots.
Just like you were with me all weekend. NOT!

Anyway, I hope you manage to keep yourself occupied enough today not to worry too much about your mum, and I hope all goes well for her this afternoon.
You know where I am if you need me!

Morning Dawn

I'm glad the trip to the hospital went smoothly and that she is in a small ward. I am not a fan of mixed wards but got used to it when my dad was in as all but one was mixed I think. It's crappy that she is last on the list... I hope it all goes well and that they can do keyhole surgery.

Good luck with the tidy up. It's nice that your mum is coming to stay when she gets out of hospital.

Sorry to hear about the gain but try not to worry - it can't be real of course but doesn't make you feel any better! I also have the same type of body that I have one meal off plan and gain five pounds whereas my husband can go off the diet for two weeks and maintain:mad:

Thinking of you hunny xxxx

Yeah, I know you're right Sarah and that I had a lot of bulky food over the weekend, but I really feel sluggish and fat this morning, and that was before I even got on the scales.

So I'm going to be on plan all week to at least knock some of it off or I won't be in Target for my next wi...very embarrassing after all the fuss Alicia made of me last week lol! Xx

shrinki said:
Morning Dawn

I'm glad the trip to the hospital went smoothly and that she is in a small ward. I am not a fan of mixed wards but got used to it when my dad was in as all but one was mixed I think. It's crappy that she is last on the list... I hope it all goes well and that they can do keyhole surgery.

Good luck with the tidy up. It's nice that your mum is coming to stay when she gets out of hospital.

Sorry to hear about the gain but try not to worry - it can't be real of course but doesn't make you feel any better! I also have the same type of body that I have one meal off plan and gain five pounds whereas my husband can go off the diet for two weeks and maintain:mad:

Thinking of you hunny xxxx

Aww thanks Shrinki x

You talk a lot of sense hun x

I just want to get mum thru this op and home again with as least amount of trouble as possible.

I haven't even allowed myself to think past the op, and what the results mite be.

And I want to shift these 4lbs lol! Xxx

morning Dawn, thinking about you and your mum today, hope it all goes well x
that 4lb will be off in no time, and like you say keep your mind focused will be good
take care x

Yeah, I know you're right Sarah and that I had a lot of bulky food over the weekend, but I really feel sluggish and fat this morning, and that was before I even got on the scales.

So I'm going to be on plan all week to at least knock some of it off or I won't be in Target for my next wi...very embarrassing after all the fuss Alicia made of me last week lol! Xx

:copon: That is for the highlighted comment, :whoopass: That is for mid week weighing
:hug99: That is because i feel a little guilty about the other 2. BUT if you gain so what, you had a couple of days of good food (good yummy, not good diet wise) ahead of days of worry and you no you can get it off again so why worry?

:bighug:

.Nicki. said:
:copon: That is for the highlighted comment, :whoopass: That is for mid week weighing
:hug99: That is because i feel a little guilty about the other 2. BUT if you gain so what, you had a couple of days of good food (good yummy, not good diet wise) ahead of days of worry and you no you can get it off again so why worry?

:bighug:

Thanks Bestie! I needed that lol!
And that's exactly what I would say to anyone else in the same situation...just can't seem to apply the same logic to myself...weird xxx

Dawn - you know it's food weight so a few days on plan will sort that out.

BUT I did say I'd be here with one of these if you gained. She here you are :whoopass:

Hope everything goes well for your mum later today. Off out to bridge now but will check back tonight.

Hey Dawn,
Sounds like you need a big hug. Firstly though that weight gain is false reading. I bet tomorrow or Wed you will suddenly have lost it. By all means get back on plan and be good, but don't panic honey. You can do this and it's probably just your body still digesting weekend food.
I'm sorry your Mum is last on the list. Frustrating and trust me I know exactly how you must feel. All i would say is try keep busy. Hopefully time will go quicker that way.
Hope Gwyn's appointment went well and they have given him something to get the nasty cold away. Sounds like he needs something to shift it at least.
Big hugs xxx

Afternoon Dawn,

I hope everything goes well for your Mum today. It's awful being last on the list, because you are watching everyone else going and coming back, and it's longer with no food:(

I would say that you are a naughty girl for sneaky weigh ins, but as I am as bad, don't really think I should;)

The four pound will disappear as quickly as it appeared!

A hug each, for you and your Mum x

:bighug::bighug:

Hi all x

Well, the news is that mums op has been cancelled because they over ran! I can't believe it! So I'm currently waiting to hear from mum again as she may well have to come home tonite and go back later in the week, so I may have to go and pick her up tonite.
So I'm a bit mixed up...glad she's ok but p*ssed off she's got to go thru all the worry again.
You guys have been brilliant today x. Your messages have been wonderful so thankyou so very much xxx As soon as I hear anything I shall let u know what's happening x
Back soon xxx

Back