Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Oh Dawn, I hope all goes well for your mum tomorrow, and for Gwyn and that you are feeling much better. No wonder you had a gyppy tummy! xx

Thanks everyone...

Right, we're off to pick mum up x

We should know by the end of the day what these nodules are...

Have a good day all xxx

With a bit of luck your mum should be out of theatre by now or at least around now if she went down on time.

I have everything crossed for her. She is very much in my thoughts today.

A big, big hug to you Dawn.

The waiting is the worst bit. You must have no finger nails left by now.

p.s.

Did you know my sister, your auntie Gill, drove an ambulance up to a few years ago !!!

lots of love xxxxx

You guys are the best, you really are xxx

Mums in theatres now. We got here around 6.45 and they took her down at 8.30 so she was first on the list thank goodness. The op sounds awful...the surgeon has to actually get his fingers inside the lung to feel the nodules. So she's having a general but also they're putting an epidural in the top of her spine for pain relief afterwards. She'll also hav a chest drain and central line in her neck. Everyone here has been absolutely wonderful...doctors, nurses, cleaners...all lovely and very reassuring x

So Gwyn and I are in the little cafe now, passing the time until we can ring the wd at 12 to see if she's back. We won't hang about once she's settled as she'll be sleepy and I know she'll rest better if we're not there. But I have to see her and make sure she's ok before we leave. And I dont want her to be on her own when they tell her the results of the op, just in case.

I think I'll try to visit a few diaries...take my mind off things. If I talk a load of drivel I apologise! 3 hrs sleep isnt much, even for me lol! Xxx

Just to add insult to injury, look what I'm sitting in front of...!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111116_094733.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111116_094733.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 80
I'm determined I'm not having any Bex...
Don't think I cud eat anything till I no mums ok anyway as my stomach is churning like mad!
Gwyn made me have cereal at 5am so shud be ok for a while xxx
Does look nice tho...;)

It's not worth it, mate.
I'm not there to rock the machine when it fails to give you what you asked for.
So don't bother!

THIS IS SATAN..........

21737d1321436873-dawns-daily-diary-diet-dallyings-forumrunner_20111116_094733.jpg

GET THEE BEHIND OUR DAWNIE !!!!!!:devilangel:

I will be visiting every half hour or so see what news you have.

As I said you are all very much on my mind today,

big hugs xxxxxxxx

JimofTroy said:
It's not worth it, mate.
I'm not there to rock the machine when it fails to give you what you asked for.
So don't bother!

Haha!
I forgot you had to vandalise that hospital machine to get that silly woman's drink lol!
You were almost nice to her...

fillymum said:
THIS IS SATAN..........

GET THEE BEHIND OUR DAWNIE !!!!!!:devilangel:

I will be visiting every half hour or so see what news you have.

As I said you are all very much on my mind today,

big hugs xxxxxxxx

Thankyou mumsie xxx

Pleasure Dawn......... just popped in again to see if you have heard anything......it should be soon.

Have to ring the wd again at 1 as the nurses have just gone to collect mum from theatres.
In the restaurant now...managed to resist the all day breakfast/chips/beef goulash etc and got a ham salad lol! Saving syns for a g&t tonite...

Thinking of you Dawn !!!

Will be back again after 1 your time,

hugs xxxx

skinnydawn said:
Have to ring the wd again at 1 as the nurses have just gone to collect mum from theatres.
In the restaurant now...managed to resist the all day breakfast/chips/beef goulash etc and got a ham salad lol! Saving syns for a g&t tonite...

Thinking of you all Dawn. Sorry I've not been round much. Been bit of an emotional week and I've not got round to posting. All is fine with mum though. She's doing well all considering. Hope you can see your mum in recovery soon. You have my number if you want distraction or someone to talk to x x x

Looks like there is quite a crowd of us in here now Dawn .

hugs xxxx

Back