Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hi Dawn - hope you and your mum are okay. Thinking of you lots. :hug99:

Hi ladies...I've just read out yr messages to Gwyn and I'm really choked up...so amazing to come here and find them, thank you. And thanks also to those of you who have text xxx

Mum has had the op but we don't know what they found yet. Best case scenario is either old scar tissue or possibly something that's been there since birth...worst case is obviously cancer.

But mums in the hdu, sitting up in bed, wired up to lots of machines but not in any pain at all. There were a couple of problems when she reacted to a drug but the epidural is working beautifully and she's chatting, drinking water and can have some soup later. The staff are totally out of this world...they remind me of doctors and nurses at the hospice. So friendly and down to earth, yet super efficient and knowledgeable. Gwyn and I are on our way home and I feel happy that she's in good hands. We just have to get the results now...not sure if that will be tonite or not.

Thanks once again for being there...I can't tell you what a difference it makes to have your support xxx

I'm off before I start blubbering again...;)

Hello my love - good that she is round and chatting. I always react badly to anaestetics and spend hours in recovery and then hours with a basin :eek:

Lets hope it's not the worse case scenario - I'm sure they would have done a frozen section so you'd know by now.

More hugs to you and Gwyn, it must have been a long wait. :hug99:

Aww hunny, I'm so glad she is not in any pain and is sitting up drinking water etc. I hope you don't have to wait long for the results. Will keep checking back to see how she is xxxx

You are so blooming special girl that is why so many folks want to support you.

I am so glad mum is bright and sitting up and that any pain is being controlled.

I will pop back later.

enormous hugs xxxxxxx

Pull yourself together, woman!
Blubbing, indeed. Pah.

(I will get my reputation back, I will, I will!)

Glad everything went well and that she is not in any pain, hope all is well with the results xxxxxxxxxx

Hope all is well Dawn xxxxx

Evening ladies...struggling to keep my eyes open...in fact I'm not sure if I didn't nod off on the settee for a few minutes :rolleyes:

Gin and tonic has been drunk and I'm just about to have a coffee and fibre plus bar and get off to bed. It's been quite a day :( I'm concerned that I haven't heard from Mum as if the surgeon had been to see her with good news I know she would have asked someone to let me and David know. :confused: Actually I'm more than concerned...I'm terrified. I can't go through all that again so close to Dad.

Back to work tomorrow. Probably a good thing in some ways as I'll no doubt be busy so it'll help. And my brother is going to see mum tomorrow so I probably won't go unless there's a problem as I wouldn't get there till 7 ish.

Thanks again ladies xxx

Todays Food Green

42g crunchy bran (B)
milk (A)

ham salad with pot salad (10)

sw veg curry from the freezer (no rice...cudn't be bothered to cook some)
yoghurt

G&T (3)

milky coffee (A)
fibre plus bar (B)

Total syns:- 13

Hope all is well an the results are positive keeping you in my prayers xx

Back