Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hope you manage to sleep tonight chica - 3 hours last night is just not enough.
Lots of these for you and your mum :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Dear Dawn,

Just wanted to send you all my thoughts, love and hugs for you and your family. The waiting is so hard and particularly as you thought that you might get results today. I hope you are able to get some results tomorrow and that they are good news. Please feel free to ring if you need to talk, I will try and make sure I answer, no matter what else I'm doing as long as I'm not at work (sorry). Life is sending you lots of challenges at the moment but you will continue to face them head on and hopefully lady luck will shine on you and send you some smaller ones soon.

I'm sorry, no words can make what you are having to go through much better at the moment but I am thinking of you.

Please send my love to Gwynn too.

Gail xxxx

P.S. I can only echo what others have said to you (and I have said on a number of occasions to you just as you have said to me too so take your own advice lady !), don't worry about anyone else's thread. Just update yours as and when you have time and leave the rest. You can come back to them if/when you are ready. Look after yourself - you are very important. Big hugs. xxx

Morning Hun, I hope you managed to get some sleep. Maybe the consultant did not go with any results last night and that's why you didn't hear - you know how slow these things are sometimes. I hope you hear some good news today. Thinking of you. Xxx

I'm concerned that I haven't heard from Mum as if the surgeon had been to see her with good news I know she would have asked someone to let me and David know. :confused: Actually I'm more than concerned...I'm terrified. I can't go through all that again so close to Dad.

I wish I was there to hug you Dawn, I really mean that. I understand 100% how you are feeling, the fear is overwhelming and nothing anyof us say to you can make a difference to your innermost feelings.

However I must say that what is of mega importance to us is not of the most importance to your surgeon. That is not to say he does not care about your mum and her family getting the results as fast as possible but he is a surgeon and who knows what emergencies he had yesterday.
Personally I think it is a very good sign that you have not heard anything. He would have known from the minute he went in to check the nodules exactly what they were. They do these operations everyday.
Your mum was first down to theatre yesterday and no one knows better than you how busy their lists are, your mum was booked to be last down the other day and the surgical team ran out of time.
Dawn, I am sure this is of no comfort what-so-ever to you, you work in a hospital environment so know better than any of us what procedures are, but I want you to know that Paul and I are thinking of you constantly. The waiting is just so awful for all of you.

lots of love and hugs xxxxx

Sending you lots of love, hugs and positive vibes xxx

It sounds like the consultant didn't get round to seeing Mum last night ... I'm sure he will this morning.

Mum would have been sleeping darling ... you should ring the ward nurse for peace of mind xx

I know you are working Dawn but I do so hope you have had good news by now to put you out of your fear.

hugs xxxxxx

Hi guys,
Your messages are reducing me to tears which isn't good in the middle of a hospital coffee area! Thankyou for your lovely words...you are all so kind, and thankyou feels like too feeble a word and totally inadequate xxx

I rang the wd earlier and was told that mum had had a reasonably comfortable night and was pretty much how they wud expect her to be. She had still not been given any results at the time I rang. I really don't no if that's a gd or bad sign...
Unless there's a problem, I'm not going up to visit tonite as my brother is going. I'll be going straight after work tomorrow.

And work is crap...2 vehicles off the rd and the lady who covers me has just cum out to me and said a stretcher has just packed up! I basically told her I didn't giv a sh*t any more lol! But I did say sorry afterwards!
I'm back in again soon...this hour goes so quickly...and no Sarah to chat to cos she's poorly :(

I shall go to wi tonight as Andrew is obviously going. My scales are showing me as up a bit but it shudnt be enuff to take me out of target range...I hope xxx

Dawn - it is so tough just waiting for the results sweetheart so I hope you are ok.
More of these :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Pull yourself together, woman.
Imagine that I'm sitting at the table, next to you, and laughing at all the patients who come in.
And being exceedingly helpful to people on crutches. And people who can't work out how to use the coffee machine...

Imagine a Virtual Sarah.
Right. Now cheer up!

Sorry Sarah. virtual and nice. See I said it and I wasn't struck down lol !!!!

Dawn, if I was with you we would open a bottle of something delicious, preferably red and probably an excellent Chateau Margaux if Sarah hasn't drunk it all. We would have a giggle and get to know each other and end up being real live friends for ever.

We would eat something synful and be light-hearted and then tomorrow put our serious heads back on.

I am sure mum will be o.k. and that your brother will have some news for you this evening.

Gosh my arms ache from all this hugs but I will be a hero and give you huge , enormous, loving hugs again !!!!

Evening all,

Well we still don't know the results of mums operation yet :sigh: My brother has just phoned and he said she's in more pain but looks incredibly well for someone who's just had major surgery. She's moved from hdu to a normal part of the ward and has been sitting out in a chair. She's still wired up to lots of machines but they're cutting her epidural pain killers down gradually, and her vital signs are good. David saw her wounds tonight and he said she has two huge cuts across her back, and of course there are more wounds on the lung, so its hardly surprising she's sore :( Also, David spoke to a nurse and she said it was possible that mum might have to wait until she goes to her op appt to get her results, which does seem a bit strange as other patients were given theirs on the same day :confused: I'm going to see her after work tomorrow so I'll ask again.

Andrew and I went to wi this evening and didn't do too badly considering :) I gained 1/2lb and Andrew gained 1 1/2 so we're both ok with that. Andrew is fending for himself at mums, cooking his own food, looking after her 5 cats (one of which is seriously ill & on 4 tablets a day for e coli) & trying to keep on top of all the mess they make, & working. I know he's 24, but he's so incredibly young for his age in so many ways, and I'm so proud of him for stepping in and offering to do what he's doing. It's one less thing for David and I to worry about. Andrew's so close to Mum and always spends as much time as possible with her.

I have to say I've treated myself tonight not just to a G&T but to one of those skinny cow choc icecreams...and it was well worth the 4.5 syns :drool:

Todays Food green

42g crunchy bran (B)
125ml milk (1/2 A)

Mugshot (1/2)
velvet crunch (4)
2 x yoghurts
tangerine

jacket spud
butter (2)
beans
cheese (A)
sauce (1)

Skinny cow ice cream (4.5)
G&T (3)

milky coffee (1/2 A)

Total syns:- 15

:thankyou: all for being there xxx

Oh Dawn - that is really pants not knowing what is going on.

I'm off to bed for an early night as I was still awake at 6:30am today.
But thinking of you loads :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Back