Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Love hearing about Herman, I wonder if you'll be able to cook him after he's become a pet? :D

Oh, you definitely can.
Because
a) he's too delicious not to, and
b) you still have 1/4 of him left, so he stays in the family, to grow into a new whole Herman.

Thanks Gail x

Not quite sure what to make of life this year :confused:

So many wonderful highs, and yet such devastating lows too...

I think all we can do is cherish & enjoy the good times, and just try to survive the bad.

Sarah's quiz is totally amazing...just ask Gwyn!!! I've lost count of the number of times I've been deserted for the blooming thing! :eek: I mean, what has that quiz got that I haven't got??? (Sarah and Steve...please keep your answers to yourself!!! :rolleyes:) It's nearly midnight, and Gorgeous Gwyn is tapping away on the PC in the study...happy as anything, bless him! I do think that he and Sarah have brains that think the same way! :D

Lots of love to you xxx

On the plus side though Dawnie, Gwyn's "dalliance" with Sassy McSarah has "pushed" us together. Every cloud and all that;)

I think, or like to think after my 2010 and first half of 2011, the bad luck stopped (one could argue there weren't many left to take:() but things have gotten better from mid-2011.

I trust things continue to improve for yourself. I still feel robbed that my own weight loss journey was set against the background of despair as I would have been great to have shared it with my nearest and dearest - I know you would have too with your Dad beaming down at you.

Hope you get a real phone soon;) that Nokia with the two cans of beans and string is pants!:cool:

Hi Dawn, I hope you've fed Herman.

My Herman is now a happy little sourdough, and he's grown quite a lot.
And the last portion of Herman's dad (Herman by name) has gone. So Herman Mark II has to grow up quite quickly to replace his parent.

It's funny how our Hermans (Hermen??), who are obviously brothers, both have the same name. But so did their dad.
It's obviously a family thing.

Did anyone have that Dr Seuss story "Too Many Daves" when they were little?
A woman had 23 sons and she named them all Dave.
So maybe Mrs Herman had the same problem.

Right, that's enough from me, before you all cart me off to the loony bin.

Aarrrrrggghhhhhh! Too late.........

Hello Dawnie, sorry to hear the bad news. xx

Re: Herman. That really threw me.. I thought you were talking about a puppy at first and then it just got too weird!! Sounds fun. Happy Herman nuturing!

xx

Morning Dawn
OMG Herman has took me right back to being a child, my grandparents used to do a friendship cake thingy, it was always sat in a bowl in the corner with a tea towel over it and then they'd separate it and send it on, as i remember they always got a bit back as they lived in a small village haha think it went on for ages how funny :D

As for all your other news, so sorry to hear such sad news, its never an easy time, :sigh:
We will be glad to see the end of 2011 probably the worst year for us as a family too, so heres to 2012 and hopefully better times ahead :)
take care huni and have a good day xx

So sorry about your sad news Dawn, it's odd, this year has been a bad one for may people that I know, roll on 2012 I think.

Love hearing about Herman, I wonder if you'll be able to cook him after he's become a pet? :D

And size 8??!!! You are the same height as me, you'll disappear soon you know, keep eating! xxx

Hi Dawn,

Soo sorry to hear all the bad news. :(

Herman sounds like a really lovely idea. Never heard of it before.

Hope your having a good day today. xxxx

Sorry about all your bad news Dawn xxx

But loving the story of Herman x

Big hugs honey. The good luck fairy has to visit your family soon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all and thanks for your messages xxx I've just spoken to Shirley and the family are bearing up.

Herman is quite a talking point isn't he lol!!! He seems to be behaving himself atm, getting nice and frothy!!! :D

It still seems a bit cannibalistic to eat him tho...:eek:

On the plus side though Dawnie, Gwyn's "dalliance" with Sassy McSarah has "pushed" us together. Every cloud and all that;)

I think, or like to think after my 2010 and first half of 2011, the bad luck stopped (one could argue there weren't many left to take:() but things have gotten better from mid-2011.

I trust things continue to improve for yourself. I still feel robbed that my own weight loss journey was set against the background of despair as I would have been great to have shared it with my nearest and dearest - I know you would have too with your Dad beaming down at you.

Hope you get a real phone soon;) that Nokia with the two cans of beans and string is pants!:cool:

Yo Birthday Boy!!! :party0019:

Well I suppose there is some consolation in the fact that whilst Sarah is entertaining Gwyn with his quiz, you are entertaining me with....erm...remind me again what you're entertaining me with lol!!! ;)

I can't tell you how much I miss Dad...I still can't get through a day without thinking of him. In some respects I still don't believe he's gone. I was only talking to Sarah today about this being our first xmas without him, & how hard it is to properly celebrate knowing he should be with us :(

I may get hold of another phone tomorrow :fingerscrossed: Vicki has just been given an ifone so her bf is sorting her old htc mob out for me to use till I get mine back! :bliss: Seriously can't cope with this Nokia much longer :( And I HATE not being able to play on it when I go to bed!!! (Now I know I said you could have as many euphemisms as you want today cos it's your birthday BUT...:eek:)

Hi Dawn, I hope you've fed Herman.

My Herman is now a happy little sourdough, and he's grown quite a lot.
And the last portion of Herman's dad (Herman by name) has gone. So Herman Mark II has to grow up quite quickly to replace his parent.

It's funny how our Hermans (Hermen??), who are obviously brothers, both have the same name. But so did their dad.
It's obviously a family thing.

Did anyone have that Dr Seuss story "Too Many Daves" when they were little?
A woman had 23 sons and she named them all Dave.
So maybe Mrs Herman had the same problem.

Right, that's enough from me, before you all cart me off to the loony bin.

Aarrrrrggghhhhhh! Too late.........

I fed him Sarah!!!

And he's doubled in size bless him!!! :D

So now I've got 5 days to try and find 2 friends...

I am your friend :D

But I don't want Herman :(. Too tempting, especially when you were talking about cinnamon etc *drools*

I wish I could be there to give you a great big hug. I know life is difficult but you will deal with it just as you have in the past. Through you, your Dad lives on in so many of us who remember him fondly from your lovely posts about him. He must be so proud of you as we are too.

Lots of love

Gail xxxx

Sent from my iPhone

Gail, thank you x You are lovely xxx

I'll send you a virtual Herman...I forgot about the cinnamon addiction thingy...;)

Evening all xxx

I've actually had a really nice day today :)

I started off by surprising Gwyn and his friends at church by popping in to say hello on my way to the shops. They were getting ready to paint one of the rooms there which hasn't been touched for years and is in a bit of a state.

Then I headed off to the shopping centre where I put some shoes in for repair and bought a few xmas pressies. I might also have bought nyself a gorgeous cream jumper dress, a belt, a denim skirt and some leggings/tights! ;)

Then it was time for the absolute highlight of my day and I dashed down to the hospital to meet Sarah in the canteen for coffee. And she gave me a piece of Herman to try...yummy! So we chatted, and chatted...until Sarah kinda spoiled things by saying she had to get back to work! :( I mean...it's not on, is it???

This afternoon was spent parading around in the new clothes I bought in front of Gwyn lol, and then getting dinner ready. We had to have it early as it was puppy training tonight, where my little girl was an absolute star! We had various mini competitions (who could 'stay' the longest/fastest recall etc) which were great fun, and then we had to perform the tricks we'd learned at home. So Suki did her 'paw', 'high 5' and 'roll over' brilliantly and won a frisbee for the best tricks lol! And she was 'most improved puppy' too! I'm a very proud mummy :D

Todays Food Red

crunchy bran (B)
milk (A)

salmon salad
salad cream (2)
banana

bacon
egg
toms
tom sauce (2)
strawberries & lf squirty cream (2)

options choc (2)
hi fi bar (B)
Herman (? 5)
tangerine

Total syns:- 13

Awwwww. Loved your last post :)

I'm so impressed with Suki - it's not long since you were struggling to toilet train her. Now she's writing essays and putting in for GCSE's !

Glad you bought some new clothes - you deserve it :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Morning Dawn,

What a clever little girl Suki is!

Must be the wonderful parents x

Hope Herman is nice and frothy today;)

Aww little Suki sounds more gorgeous every time I read about her :)

And check you being lost without your phone. I still haven't given in and got a smartphone, because I know it would take over my life. And I actually loved when we were on holidays cos both me and bf switched off our phones at Gatwick, and didn't switch them on til we landed there 10 days later. I know it's not ideal if there had been an emergency, but I loved the freedom and him not being glued to the net was great too ;)
xxx

Dawnie - managed to get a reasonable signal again today so popped by.

I am so sorry that you've had yet more bad news chica. 2011 really has not been a good year for you, has it? Let's hope 2012 improves.

1st - please send me a virtual Herman too, although not exactly sure what sour dough is though. I used to have great fun as a kid doing similar with a ginger beer plant! My mum got really mad with me as I used to keep 2 of the babies as I loved ginger beer so much.

2nd - more clothes? Where are they going to go this time? YOu admitted you were getting tight on wardrobe spcae the last time you bought some.

3rd - I agree with Bess, keep eating! Don't you dare drop below a size 8 you dinky Dawn you.

4th - tell Gwyn I need some hints. I'm well and truly stuck with Sarah's quiz! Can't fathom quite a few of them out at all, so I won't be winning any prizes!

5th - can't think of a 5th except have a few of these from me :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Dawnie - managed to get a reasonable signal again today so popped by.

I am so sorry that you've had yet more bad news chica. 2011 really has not been a good year for you, has it? Let's hope 2012 improves.

1st - please send me a virtual Herman too, although not exactly sure what sour dough is though. I used to have great fun as a kid doing similar with a ginger beer plant! My mum got really mad with me as I used to keep 2 of the babies as I loved ginger beer so much.

2nd - more clothes? Where are they going to go this time? YOu admitted you were getting tight on wardrobe spcae the last time you bought some.

3rd - I agree with Bess, keep eating! Don't you dare drop below a size 8 you dinky Dawn you.

4th - tell Gwyn I need some hints. I'm well and truly stuck with Sarah's quiz! Can't fathom quite a few of them out at all, so I won't be winning any prizes!

5th - can't think of a 5th except have a few of these from me :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Hi Bony Bev!!! xxx

So lovely to hear from you!!! :D

I've been reading about your adventures...fancy leaving your coats behind...:rolleyes:

Gwyn was only telling me today about how he used to do the ginger beer thing when he was a lad! He used to keep it under the kitchen sink, and one year one of the bottles popped and made all the others pop too! :eek:

And he said he thinks the two of will need to get your heads together over Sarah's quiz...
I don't think I'm going to get my husband back until he's got all the answers! ;)

Now I have a logical explanation for all these new clothes! :D

They are half the size of my old ones...

so I can have twice as many lol! :8855:

Hope you're enjoying this bracing weather! :badmood:

And of course you can have a virtual Herman!!! He's winging his way to you as we speak! :character00182:

Lots of love Bony Bev (I saw your photo madam...so NOT fat!) and here's a big hug in return for all the lovely ones you sent me:bighug:

Hi folks x

Another nice day...back to work tomorrow, and reality lol! :rolleyes:

Gwyn and I went Christmas shopping today and managed to do quite well, so I feel a lot more organised now :D We still have a few more pressies to get but I'm happy that we've made a good start. :109:

Also I finally managed to send our Xmas parcel off to the family we sponsor in Tanania :47: Would you believe it took 3 attempts???
The first time we went to the post office, it was closed for lunch! :eating:
The second time we went, the parcel weighed 89g too much and would've cost us £49 to post! :eek: So we had to come home, undo it and remove a packet of sweets, tape it all back up again and head off for trip number 3 to the post office lol!

Anyway, I'm chilling now, watching masterchef the professionals, and thinking about wrapping up some of the pressies we bought today.

Have a good evening all, lots of love xxx

Todays Food Red

crunchy bran (B)
milk (half A)
banana

2 'fried' eggs
half tin toms
sauce (2)
yogurt

pizza topped turkey (A for cheese)
salad
salad cream (2)