Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Dawn,
Just to say I am keeping an eye on you and yours and see you are still bouncy (well, not literally) and positive and I take my hoodie off to you. Sorry to hear about your gorgeous Gwyn and mum - wishing them and you all the best.

Pomooky XX

You know I'm there for you whatever you need.
So is it ok if I skip the lovey-dovey, huggy, yukky stuff?

Thanks, mate!

Hmmmm...:thinking2:

That would be a NO then!

Not that I want to spoil your tough image or anything Sarah, but I distinctly remember TWO hugs in the last 2 days! :eek:

The second being somewhat stuck in my mind due to a certain bra twanging incident! :rolleyes:

While I'm here, Can I just say thank you for all your wonderful comments on here xxx What would I do without you???

Will fill you all in on the weekends activities tomorrow x

That would be a NO then!

Not that I want to spoil your tough image or anything Sarah, but I distinctly remember TWO hugs in the last 2 days! :eek:

The second being somewhat stuck in my mind due to a certain bra twanging incident! :rolleyes:

Only cos you made me pose for a photo.
Which was mean enough by itself.
And then you viciously angled us so that I couldn't do the finger thing above your head.
So the best I could manage was a bra-strap twang.

Hugs - pfft.
Kisses - double pfft.
Yukky, yukky, NICE stuff. Bleurggh.

hi dawn.... god ur getting a lot thrown at you at the moment, i'm really sorry to hear ur news keeping everything crossed that all goes well :bighug: try and stay positive (hard sometimes i know) love val xx

That would be a NO then!

While I'm here, Can I just say thank you for all your wonderful comments on here xxx What would I do without you???

Will fill you all in on the weekends activities tomorrow x

I thought I was meant to keep quiet about that and here you are shouting about it! Thanks for the show:eek:

Helloooo guys...and Stevie ;)

Right, at last I have a minute to give a blow by blow account (yes Steve...I'm going to tell em EVERYTHING :eek:) of what happened when North met South over the weekend!

Having done a de-brief of Steve (where IS that photo, boxer boy? :confused:) with Sarah today, we now have our story straight and this is the official and obviously TRUTHFUL account of the last few days :innocent0002:

So, back to Friday late AM and Steve arrived safe and sound on my driveway :), looking pretty trim if I may say so! After introductions to Gwyn and Vicki, we had a bit of a chat and then some lunch. It turned out that Steve had come without his reading glasses as his Dad had accidentally trodden on them :rolleyes: so we drove into town to see if we could pick up a cheap pair. I'd also broken mine that week so I also needed another pair. It was absolutely freezing :gen125: but we managed to wander round town and get a couple of pairs...photo below!

That evening we went round to see Sarah who was being uncharacteristically NICE and cooking us dinner! And what a dinner it was too! Lovely tasty shepherds pie (made with REAL shepherds apparently!:D), served with cauliflower and broccoli in a cheese sauce :drool: And I took a sw strawberry roulade for dessert.

A couple of glasses of vino later we decided to play a party game! :party0016: It's called Things, and basically one person picks a question from a card to ask the others, who then have to write their answer down. These are then read out and the first person has to try to guess who wrote what.

Now, if I was to say that a typical question and answer was...

Q) Things you shouldn't do with your mouth open...

A) ANYTHING with Steve!

...I'm sure you can gather we had quite a good night :giggle:

So then of course we come to Saturday and the whole purpose of our meet...the Walk! Sarah picked us up and we set off for Pitsford reservoir http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/_assets/media/pitsford-water-nature-reserve.pdf which is only about a 20 minute drive from here. Sarah had planned a route which would cover approximately 7 miles and most importantly the cafe!

When we got to the car park, Steve didn't have the best of starts when Sarah helpfully pointed out he was standing on his sunglasses...which ended up in 3 pieces...:rolleyes: Undeterred, we began our little trot round, and were spoiled with a beautifully clear, crisp, sunny but windy day :D Steve managed to have another slight disaster when he dropped some sort of very technical bit of kit that tells you how far you've walked etc...but we didn't realise it wasn't actually working until the end of the walk when he tried to tell us exactly how many miles we'd done :rolleyes:

Now I really can't remember ever having walked very far, and I was a bit worried how I'd cope, but it was totally brilliant and I loved every minute of it! What a buzz! We pretty much chatted all the way round, stopping off half way for a mixture of sausage roll/jam scone/iced bun/coffee/coke (ever so slightly off plan but blooming well deserved! ;)).

On the way home we took Steve on a tour past the Cobblers football stadium at Sixfields, and then Franklins Gardens, the home ground of Northampton Saints.

Saturday evening was curry night at Sarah's favourite Indian restaurant in town. Both the boys wore their suits (photographic evidence below!) so us girlies decided not to be outdone and wore dresses! The food was great and the atmosphere was really fizzing :party0019:

Then of course, all too quickly, Sunday came and it was time for Steve to pack his bags and head for home :wave_cry: But I couldn't let him go without giving him something I knew he'd been after ever since he arrived ...

A Herman!!!

So there's a little piece of Herman senior, unfortunately renamed and now known as Howman :rolleyes:, in Geordie land :happy036:

Sarah...I know you don't do nice (even though there WERE a number of hugs over the weekend despite what you say :hug99:) but this weekend was simply brilliant. As I said to you over our 'Let's de-brief Steve' coffee today, it couldn't have come at a better time. I needed the distraction, the fresh air, and the company of wonderful friends and you organised all of that in abundance...so thank you xxx

Steve...you were an absolute tonic, as I knew you would be. It's hard to get a proper idea of what someone is really like just through texts and phone calls...but you're totally 'you', iykwim x A funny, thoughtful, genuine guy...and I hope that meet was the first of many. Twas a pleasure having you...;)

Attachments

• Dawn & steve specs!.jpg
    Dawn & steve specs!.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 47
  • indian food2.jpg
    indian food2.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Steve & Gwyn meal.jpg
    Steve & Gwyn meal.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 53
  • Dawn, Steve & Gwyn.jpg
    Dawn, Steve & Gwyn.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Sarah & Dawn meal out.jpg
    Sarah & Dawn meal out.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 80
More pics...

Sarah has some good ones but can't find her camera lead to upload them...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Steve & Gwyn 4.jpg
    Steve & Gwyn 4.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 65
  • rogues gallery at sarahs.jpg
    rogues gallery at sarahs.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Steve.jpg
    Steve.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 52
  • gwyn.jpg
    gwyn.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Steve & Dawn on Steves visit.jpg
    Steve & Dawn on Steves visit.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 50
Yes I can.

I could find the camera before - but not the lead.

But anyway, these are I'll I've got that weren't all blurred annorrible.

Attachments

• 051211 786.jpg
    051211 786.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 051211 787.jpg
    051211 787.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 051211 788.jpg
    051211 788.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 051211 789.jpg
    051211 789.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 051211 791.jpg
    051211 791.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 70
And I've got one on my phone too.

Surely that's enough photos now???

Attachments

• image-2023028569.jpg
    image-2023028569.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 50
And I've got one on my phone too.

Surely that's enough photos now???

But what about those other ones of Gwyn and Steve... with the tassels and feather boa...? :8855:

Sounds and looks like you had a brilliant weekend! And you all look great and so slim! Xx

Sounds and looks like you had a brilliant weekend! And you all look great and so slim! Xx

Well I can only speak for myself I suppose ;) but I had a lovely time! :D

But what about those other ones of Gwyn and Steve... with the tassels and feather boa...? :8855:

In the same place as the ones with your nipple rings.
Hiding.

Well that was a bit of an epic post! Been meaning to do it but just haven't had the time.

Just a quick update on other things now.

No more news to report on mum, still waiting for an appointment to see the haematology clinic to sort out our plan of attack. I rang mum tonight after work...she's still putting on a brave face.

After having such a lovely weekend of escapism from things, it was a bit of a shock to the system having to go into work this morning. It was also pretty awful having to tell my boss all about mum when she asked. A few tears were shed, and she's suggested I might like to see someone in the counselling side, but I don't know that I need that really. Not when I have such good friends both on here and at home.

Anyway, once I got into it, work was fine. We find out this week if we've kept any of the contracts so fingers crossed. Lunch was great as I had it with Sarah, discussing our weekend and sending abusive pics to Steve...!!! ;)

Attachments

• tongues! (2).jpg
    tongues! (2).jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 52
Fabby piccies - you all look gorgeous!:) And you definitely look slim

Hi Dawn,

Loved your post about the weekend (even though I had to read it in 2 parts so that I could go to the loo/make a coffee in between !!!).

It's probably worth chasing the appointment now. I'd start by calling the referrer (chest surgeon ?) 's secretary to check that the letter has been written and posted, then ring the receiving unit to find out whether they have received it - If so, ask them when your appointment will be, if not, ask the chest surgeons sec to Fax it. Simple........?!!

So pleased you had a lovely weekend. I'm around tonight for once if you want to chat.

Gail xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Dawn,

Loved your post about the weekend (even though I had to read it in 2 parts so that I could go to the loo/make a coffee in between !!!).

It's probably worth chasing the appointment now. I'd start by calling the referrer (chest surgeon ?) 's secretary to check that the letter has been written and posted, then ring the receiving unit to find out whether they have received it - If so, ask them when your appointment will be, if not, ask the chest surgeons sec to Fax it. Simple........?!!

So pleased you had a lovely weekend. I'm around tonight for once if you want to chat.

Gail xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Morning Gail x

Thanks for the advice sis :bighug: I'll speak to mum about it tonight xxx

Yes, a chat sounds very good to me...seems ages since our last 5 minute catchup...;) I'll text you when I'm all sorted tonight and see if you're still available :)

Hope you're ok hunni x

Lots of love x

Back