Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hey Dawn

Sorry I haven't been round recently. Been rather hectic and I've not really been in the mood if I'm totally honest.

I'm so sorry to hear yet more bad news with work this time. I think you have the right mind set though, family come first and just see what happens with work. Sadly I doubt you worrying will make a difference. Sad state of the economy sadly.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend, you sure deserve it.

Big hugs xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Evening guys x

Quick catch up guys as I havent got much to report lol!

I spent most of the morning tidying and cleaning, and then wrapping xmas pressies :109:

And then I had a lovely surprise when the gorgeous Gail texted to say she was about and did I fancy a chat :bliss: I ALWAYS fancy a chat with my sis!!! So we had a good catchup...really great to talk to you Gail xxx And I hope the concert went well tonight xxx

Not much else has happened really! Oh...apart from Gwyn upsetting the neighbours lol! They're a nice family, and a few months ago they got a couple of cats...which were supposed to be house cats but that didn't last long as she's even more housework obsessive than me!! So they're outside just about ALL the time, usually ending up in our garage or Andrews car! Which is ok, but they pooh EVERYWHERE!

Well...everywhere in OUR garden anyway! But their favourite spot is the gravelled area to the side of our drive...so when we get in and out of our cars we have to tread very carefully! This afternoon Gwyn was going out and as he went to his car he passed Andrew who was cleaning his. So Gwyn being Gwyn, winked at Andrew an said (or shouted) "Be careful you don't stand in all that cat SH*T!!!" hoping that the neighbours might hear him, and then went off.

Well they heard him alright...cos they were behind the hedge in the garden lol! So as soon as he'd gone, our neighbour came rushing over to Andrew to ask what that was all about! Andrew explained that the cats were using that part of our garden as a toilet, and that he'd trodden in it twice! In fairness she was very apologetic and picked it all up straight away! And when Gwyn came back with some smelly cat repellent stuff to sprinkle on it, she came out to speak to him about it.

So lets hope she cleans up regularly then there won't be a problem. We have to clear up after Suki...I can't see the difference. And another problem we have with it is that Suki insists on eating it...:eek:

Ok...now I've all put you off your supper I'll clear off lol!!!

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!!! xxx

Eww my dog does that too, when i asked the vet about it she just laughed and said its to them what chocolate truffles are to us, it put me off chocolate truffles for life lol xx

Gawd - I wish it would put me off chocolate truffles.

I really don't "do" chocolate that much but they sell some in our local supermarket at €1.75 (£1.50) for about 40 pieces of chocolate that is to die for!

Eww my dog does that too, when i asked the vet about it she just laughed and said its to them what chocolate truffles are to us, it put me off chocolate truffles for life lol xx

It's really not nice is it Emma!

Especially when Suki comes in from the garden after devouring a particularly juicy example and then tries to lick my face! :eek:

Gawd - I wish it would put me off chocolate truffles.

I really don't "do" chocolate that much but they sell some in our local supermarket at €1.75 (£1.50) for about 40 pieces of chocolate that is to die for!

Hi Bev x

I love chocolate! But I have to eat whole bars of the stuff...so I don't have it now.

Gwyn can just eat one square a day and it doesn't bother him at all!

I'm a bit like you Dawn. All of nothing kind of girl.

I can happily ignore chocolate for weeks, even months, on end. But put Terry's Chocolate Orange (plain of course) or the Mercadona Chocolate Truffles in front of me and they're gone!!!! :eek::cry:

skinnydawn said:
It's really not nice is it Emma!

Especially when Suki comes in from the garden after devouring a particularly juicy example and then tries to lick my face! :eek:

Oh yes the kisses afterwards :yuk: i have to fight the dog to clean the litter tray first not nice lol

I'm a bit like you Dawn. All of nothing kind of girl.

I can happily ignore chocolate for weeks, even months, on end. But put Terry's Chocolate Orange (plain of course) or the Mercadona Chocolate Truffles in front of me and they're gone!!!! :eek::cry:

Mmmm...

Lindor does it for me Bev...

Emmaline said:
Gotta say that's me too girls!
Can't understand how anyone can have one wee peice of choc and put it away for tomorrow...not in my vocabulary that one!!...:D

I swear its not normal Emmaline lol! Xx

tillymax said:
If you were only supposed to eat a piece of chocolate they'd sell it in pieces and not in bars :D

I wish I could leave chocolate after just one piece.

Omg!

Why didn't I think of that???

So...obviously...we're SUPPOSED to eat the whole thing!

Thankyou Tilly!

I don't feel so bad now! :)

pjallen1982 said:
I'm loving that theory. So those big slabs of chocolate are also meant to be eaten in one sitting then?!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Definitely Penny!

And those big Lindor rabbits...

Well I'm very glad that I don't have the only deviant dog then! I didn't know that they all did it! We have 2 kittens (which drive me bonkers) and have had to put a gate up to try to keep the dog away from the litter tray. I can't wait for the spring when they can go out all night and that litter tray will be gone.........

Put me right off chocolate truffles too, thankyou! :D

Gotta say that's me too girls!
Can't understand how anyone can have one wee peice of choc and put it away for tomorrow...not in my vocabulary that one!!...:D

I swear its not normal Emmaline lol! Xx
I could have told you that years ago - as my hubby is deffo not normal.

There are 2 Terry's Plain Chocky Oranges in the fridge at the mo. They are hubby's favourite and we can't buy them here so we always come back from the UK with a couple. So there they sit and I haven't even touched a single solitary piece - they're his, not mine. They will probably last until April when we go back again - now how restrained is that?
Maybe that's why he only weighs 10st !! And he's 5' 8" . . . grrrrrrrrrrrr

I bought a box of salted chocolate thins today in Waitrose . Made by Rococoa ( not sure of spelling). I had no idea they had cost me £12!!!! till I got in the car and looked at reciept.. well till I ate A FEW otherwise they would have been a present.. Came in a wonderful box and the salt is amazing ... BUT just 1 ? Mmmmm

Just 1...??? :eek:

Can't be done!!! ;)

Back