Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

I am so so pleased that you got lots of lovely compliments. You deserve it chica.

But why do people assume we must be ill if we've lost weight?
Someone sidled up to hubby last week at bridge to ask if I'd been ill. They hadn't been for 12 months so didn't know I'd been actively trying to lose weight and just assumed I was recovereing from something nasty. Grrrrr

I think it's because they feel rude commenting on weight loss specifically, implying that one was fat before?

Hi Dawn! xxx

Hi all x

Thanks for all those lovely comments btw :thankyou:

I was very naughty and wagged off church again today :eek: In fairness we were late to bed last night as we had a call from the police to say the church had been broken into yet again, and Gwyn had to go up with one of the other guys to meet the policeman & secure the church :mad: It's so bloody annoying. They repair smashed windows every single week, and the latest craze seems to be to pull the top slabs off of the surrounding walls. It's just kids of course, so there's nothing we can do about it :badmood:

So this morning we didn't get up till after 9, and Gwyn went to church while I cooked dinner. Gwyn hadn't been home long when we had a phone call from Daniel to say he'd fallen awkwardly on his shoulder playing footie (dirty tackle...player got yellow carded!) and needed to go to A&E :character00264: He was in a lot of pain and couldn't actually physically move his arm. Gwyn and Andrew set of to pick him up and also bring his car home. But luckily enough, in the car Daniel turned to talk to Gwyn and his shoulder cracked and the pain pretty much went instantly! :happy036: So I can only think that it was a partial dislocation of the shoulder which corrected itself when Daniel turned :confused: He's still sore and bruised of course, but not in real pain. I ran him a bath and gave him some paracetamol, and he had a power nap on the settee :zz: and he's feeling a lot better now.

Really have to try and get to sleep at a reasonable time tonight as I have to be in Leicester for 8.30am for a training course :( Not really looking forward to it but I suppose it's better than working lol!

Todays food EE

2 x wm bread (B)
butter (3)
marmite

gammon
'roast' spuds/parsnips/bns
carrots
peas
cauliflower
gravy

crisps (6)
apple
grapes

mixed fruit and yoghurt
milky coffee (A)

Total syns - 9

Sorry Sarah :eek:

I'd rather be getting up early to come swimming than to go to Leicester, believe me :sigh:

Oh gosh Dawn what a faff. So very annoying about the church and little toe rags with nothing better to do than cause trouble. Also poor Daniel. Bet that really hurt but glad it popped back into place without having to go to a&e. Sure mummy spoiling him will help.

How long does it take for you to get to Leicester? I've set my alarm for 6am :( dreading getting up for work again.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Penny,

Well it's only 40 miles away but I think it'll take me around 45 minutes to get there. Bit different to the 3 miles in 10 minutes that I usually travel to the hospital lol!

skinnydawn said:
Hi Penny,

Well it's only 40 miles away but I think it'll take me around 45 minutes to get there. Bit different to the 3 miles in 10 minutes that I usually travel to the hospital lol!

Oh i wish I only had a 10min commute. I leave the house at 6.55 and don't get to the office til 8.15 on a good day :(

Hope traffic isn't too bad tomorrow and you get there safely x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi guys,

Course is going well thanks. Got here about 8am and so far we've covered equality and diversity, and now we're about to do manual handling (no euphemism Steve) x

Hi guys,

Course is going well thanks. Got here about 8am and so far we've covered equality and diversity, and now we're about to do manual handling (no euphemism Steve) x

Well I suppose if you are manually handling Diversity and all of them equally handled I understand what your course is all about:D

*runs and hides from delectable daughter*
images

Ooh Mumsie! :eek:

Not sure even I could manually handle THAT lot lol!

But I'd have fun trying! ;)

The course was ok, but a lot of theory stuff so a bit boring.In fairness we were warned about it, so at least that means the next couple of days should be more interesting :D

This afternoon I was trained on a Striker machine which is used to extricate patients and really useful for immobile barriatric patients who are upstairs as it can carry up to 32st! Amazing to think that just 2 members of staff could carry that weight. The equipment we normally use is called a Cmax & only carries up to 19 st.

Not sure what we're doing tomorrow but if we finish at 3 again I don't really mind lol!

Todays food EE

35g crunchy bran (B)
milk ( 1/2 A)

Thai mug shot (1/2)
apple
banana
yoghurt
velvet crunch (4)

jp
25g light philly (2)
salad
beetroot
salad cream (2)

milky coffee (1/2 A)
yoghurt (1)
grapes

Total syns - 9 1/2

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun day - NOT!!!! :cry:

Only 4 days to go - or it will be by the time you read this. :D

Not long now Bev!

Hmmm...not the best day so far! Managed to cock my alarm up this morning but a mad dash down the motorway got me here about 8am, only to be told our instructor has gone sick so we won't be starting till 9am! :( Hope that doesn't mean we're going to finish late now!

Obviously!

You missing me yet?

Well, it's quieter...

Less, kind of, "naggy", you know?

Last edited:
Back