Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

JimofTroy said:
Well, it's quieter...

Less, kind of, "naggy", you know?

I don't nag...

I support! ;)

ginlin said:
Morning Dawn,

Hope the training goes well today, and that it isn't too much of a late finish x

Thanks Lynne x

First tea break now :) We've been covering care of elderly patients this morning. The tutor is a paramedic with lots of stories to tell...she's very interesting!

Wow Dawn, you look amazing in your new clothes. It doesn't seem two minutes since all your friends on here were trying to persuade you to wear a dress and now look at you :)

That pudding was massive and Gwyn looks so tiny (and slightly scared) sat behind it.

I went on a manual handling course. Unfortunately I thought it said man handling so was extremely upset when I got there and it was all about how to lift a box :rolleyes:

I don't nag...

I support! ;)

Of course you do Dawnie. You would never nag not even at Sarah !!

I went on a manual handling course. Unfortunately I thought it said man handling so was extremely upset when I got there and it was all about how to lift a box :rolleyes:

:8855::8855::8855::8855:

Hi ladies & Sarah x

Actually you're quite right...I really hated dresses with a passion...probably because I looked so awful in them, and I wouldn't have an inch of leg exposed. It's funny what losing a few stones does for your confidence and ego, as well as your body :) And whilst I'm far from happy with my body, I'm happier, As Sarah has said to me several times, I'm never going to have the body I want. I'm ok in most of my clothes, but hate myself out of them! :ashamed0005: But, as Sarah says once again, there's really not that many people see me out of them lol! ;) So it's something I just have to get my head around.

I really enjoyed the training today. The morning was interesting enough but the afternoon was fun! :party0011: We had all the training equipment out...defib, splints, bp cuffs, ecg monitor etc and played with them lol! Much more fun than sitting and writing! And we finished at 3pm again so I was home by 4! :wee:

I think we're discussing patients with dementia tomorrow, and then hopefully another early finish! ;)

And then I'm off for nearly 2 weeks! :happy036:

Todays Food EE

yoghurt (1/2)
alpen bar (1/2 B)

chinese mugshot
velvet crunch (4)
apple
banana
yoghurt (1/2)

jp
35g philly light (1/2 A)
ham
salad
salad cream (2)

fresh raspberries/yoghurt/alpen bar sprinkled on top
milky coffee (1/2 A)

Total syns - 7

Glad your enjoying your training, no sleeping in tomorrow!!

I think we're discussing patients with dementia tomorrow, and then hopefully another early finish! ;)
Ah so you'll know how to cope with me by Saturday!!!

I remember when Gwyn bought you that first dress and you were horrified that it was above the knee. All of about ½" if I remember rightly?

And now look at you in those sassy frocks! :eek:

I think all of us who've lost a few stone are not comfortable with our naked bodies. I hate mine with a vengeance. Flabby tummy, saggy skin on thighs and chronic bingo wings - that at 57 no amount of exercising will eliminate completely. Yes they are looking better than they did but Sarah's absolutely right - I'll never look like I did at 21! And there's only ever t'other half sees me with nowt on!

So here's a hug chica :hug99: because whether you see it yourself or not you do look absolutely stunning in them there frocks!

Here! Here! To all that has been said re you and dresses! Lookin' good Dawn.

Just a bit about your training sessions reminds me of when I went to first aid classes..thought it was my duty to at least try to learn the basics...but as you know how aware I am about being an oldie, I was the oldest by a long chalk and therefore each week the rest of them would swap round so they didn't have to work with me. When it came to the last week and we were going to be filmed doing the procedures ABC I chickened out and so never completed it. Tbh I am the sort who if I see an accident I am more than likely to tell someone else to go and help... :confused:
Every admiration of peeps of your ilk who can do this sort of work!..:thankyou:

Hi Dawnie !!!

What are the plans for Saturday ??? It is all so exciting. Are you spending the day together as a group and then having a meal in the evening ???

I will be thinking of you all and be just a tad envious but very happy for all of you who are meeting.

Wow !!! 2 weeks off work. I hope you get lots of swimming in with your big sis.

big hugs xxxxx

Your training sounds well fun - Wish I could join you tomorrow - Love my dementia clients, the pain and confusion can really show in there eyes and being able to help them feel a little more comfortable really makes my day - want to take them all home with me but think i'd go crazy!!

Love your new increased body image - You look lovely in dresses you have the body for it now.

What are you planning for your leave?

Thanks Hannah x

As far as I know, we have no set plans for next week. I'm sure we'll find plenty to do...I want to clean all the carpets for one thing! But hopefully we might have a couple of days out too. And I'm expecting to go swimming of course with Sarah, and we're going out on the town one night too :party0016:

Glad your enjoying your training, no sleeping in tomorrow!!

Definitely didn't sleep in this morning! I was actually at training school by 7.40am... and the course didn't start until 08.30 lol! :eek: But at least I wasn't late ;)

Ah so you'll know how to cope with me by Saturday!!!

I remember when Gwyn bought you that first dress and you were horrified that it was above the knee. All of about ½" if I remember rightly?

And now look at you in those sassy frocks! :eek:

I think all of us who've lost a few stone are not comfortable with our naked bodies. I hate mine with a vengeance. Flabby tummy, saggy skin on thighs and chronic bingo wings - that at 57 no amount of exercising will eliminate completely. Yes they are looking better than they did but Sarah's absolutely right - I'll never look like I did at 21! And there's only ever t'other half sees me with nowt on!

So here's a hug chica :hug99: because whether you see it yourself or not you do look absolutely stunning in them there frocks!

Aww thanks Bev x I suppose I'm just disappointed that after losing all that weight I'm still not happy with the way I look :rolleyes: But I'm obviously much more comfortable than I used to be :D

So excited about Saturday! :bliss::party0019:

3 days and counting!!! :party0019:

Here! Here! To all that has been said re you and dresses! Lookin' good Dawn.

Just a bit about your training sessions reminds me of when I went to first aid classes..thought it was my duty to at least try to learn the basics...but as you know how aware I am about being an oldie, I was the oldest by a long chalk and therefore each week the rest of them would swap round so they didn't have to work with me. When it came to the last week and we were going to be filmed doing the procedures ABC I chickened out and so never completed it. Tbh I am the sort who if I see an accident I am more than likely to tell someone else to go and help... :confused:
Every admiration of peeps of your ilk who can do this sort of work!..:thankyou:

Thank you Emmaline :flowers:

Aww that's such a shame about your first aid course :( The others should never have been allowed to make you feel like that :mad: You'd probably already learned enough to help in an emergency situation anyway though x

Hi Dawnie !!!

What are the plans for Saturday ??? It is all so exciting. Are you spending the day together as a group and then having a meal in the evening ???

I will be thinking of you all and be just a tad envious but very happy for all of you who are meeting.

Wow !!! 2 weeks off work. I hope you get lots of swimming in with your big sis.

big hugs xxxxx

Hi Mumsie!! :D

Yes that's pretty much the plan for Saturday :) Just been chatting to Gail about the finer details. We're hoping to all meet up about 10am and then maybe have a short walk and then an early lunch. Then we'll just take it from there as to what we do in the afternoon, and have dinner together in the evening before going our separate ways :wave_cry:

Wish you were coming Sue...maybe next time? :cross:

Evening all x

Well that's the end of my course and I'd have to say I really enjoyed the 3 days. Today was a bit heavy going with the morning spent covering caring for patients with different forms of dementia. The afternoon was the most harrowing as we were informed of and discussed the new guidelines on palliative care and the legal aspects of 'Not For Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation' forms etc. One of the difficult situations we face on the ambulance service is when doctors have made the decision that in the event of a cardiac arrest, we should not attempt to resuscitate as it would not be in the patients best interests, go against the patients wishes, or be futile. This is fine until you have a relative on board who is unaware of the NFCPR status and is screaming at you to do something. :( And it reminded me of the first time I saw a NFCPR form on Dad. I actually took the first ambulance transport booking that had it on, and whilst I knew he was desperately ill, it was still a shock to see it in black and white. I would've liked to have been informed by the hospice first.

So anyway, it's all done now, and I'm finished for a while now! :bliss: Looking forward to a bit of a lie in tomorrow, although we have got the dentists in the morning.

Vicki and Matt picked up the car they bought between them off Ebay this week. It's a lovely little car, a SportKa, with lots of modifications to make it really posey! And it's very cheap to insure and run. So she may well keep it and sell her Micra.

Right, food post and bed I think! Or I may have a little peek at diaries as I'm so far behind x

Todays Food Green

35g crunchy bran (B)
milk (1/2 A)
banana

thai mugshot (1/2)
velvet crunch (4)
apple
2 satsumas
2 yoghurts (1/2)

mushroom/onion/cheese omelette (A)
bns chips
beans
tom sauce (2)
fresh raspberries & yoghurt (1)

milky coffee (1/2 A)
fibre plus bar (B)

Total syns - 8

You scrub up canny as it goes. Well, for your age;)

Ok! Ok! :rolleyes:

I can take the hint Steve...

I WONT wear one of my new dresses on Saturday...

Mini.jpg

Ok! Ok! :rolleyes:

I can take the hint Steve...

I WONT wear one of my new dresses on Saturday...
I think you might freeze your assets in one of your new frocks! :eek:

Right I'm all packed - including snow boots, thermals, winter hat, scarf and gloves. Nordic skis were a bit of problem but now packed in bits ready for re-assembly to get round the park, if required!

So I'll see you on Saturday :D:D
As I've just told Gail - do not expect any sense from me until at least 11 am.
I DON'T DO MORNINGS.
I'm apt to grunt a lot and just nod my head. Just keep feeding me tea! :eek:

Last edited:
Evening Bev!

You hav a safe journey hunni and I'll see u on Saturday!

Don't worry...I'm not at my best in the mornings either! We'll be ok once we've had a couple of pints of coffee! Xxx

Morning Dawnie.............it is 5.30 a.m. here and I am off to do a boot sale at 6.45 a.m. so thought I would pop in and say Hi to my DD.

Going to get rid of some of the junk from MIL and try and recoup the 700€ vets bill............just think for that amount of money I could have been strolling round the park on Saturday Morning too:D.

Next time.

hugs xxxx

Back