Dinner disasters.

Ive just cooked the lemon meringue and it looked amazing while in the oven (it rose soooooo high rather than browning) and now out of the oven the meringue is so soft - its in the fridge chilling at the mo with the hope its eatable (can't bear waste lol) x

Id insert an image of it, if i knew how x :D

tried the 'fluffy chocolate mousse' - it wasn't fluffy or that chocolatey, there's no way you can get a mousse-like consistency from mixing quark & fromaage fais together (unless with some mad high speed whisker?

also the 'creamy mushroom and tomato pasta' - mixing fromage frais into basically a tomato sauce for pasta doesn't make in creamy...in fact the look put me right off....

The strawberry topped fluffy cakes from sw online,turned out to be flat eggy disgusting things. My gobi chana curry in slowcooker now,from sw curry book,isn't tasting great :(

I've had 2 disasters!! The Sw moussaka, blah, the dog liked it tho. Also the double buns from the deserts book, they looked ok on the top, take the cases off and they're suspiciously rubbery, I didn't eat them as they didn't look like they should be ate!!

No disasters to speak of, but then again i dont tend to use recipes. Im a chuck it all in and hope for the best kinda gal. Once you get an understanding of what works together the sky is the limit.

Hahahaha, gotta say, I haven't tried many SW puds as many of them sound really dreadful ... I think it's safe to say that quark with Options hot chocolate powder stirred in is never going to convince me it's cheesecake :8855:

Hehe Quark has its place and thats in the dustbin lol No its ok in savoury dishes like caronara and garlic and cucumber dip but other than that YUK lol

xxx

has anyone tried the chicken, spinach & potato curry? mmm it is so goo, i tend to have it with loads of salad & a bit of rice. deffo worth a try!

yup my hubby loves making this one, i wish i had have made this tonight and not lemon penne chicken - this time i burnt the garlic, ruined the meal :(

Pudgy Panda said:
yup my hubby loves making this one, i wish i had have made this tonight and not lemon penne chicken - this time i burnt the garlic, ruined the meal :(

ooh doesn't sound so nice haha im not a fan of lemon-y tasting savoury dishes, makes me feel like im eating washing up liquid! lol

I'd rather adapt existing recipes! Half my pleasure in SW is being creative with the free foods and HEXs to come up with amazing food.

Disaster yesterday!
Made Jambalaya and thought that I would do it in the slow cooker, left it on "low" while we went shopping, got back and all the liquid had cooked out! (only out for 1 hr) added more stock but the cheap Morrison's long grain rice went into mush! First and last time we buy that...still eatable but will stick to my own recipe and use the deep pan!

bilsat said:
Disaster yesterday!
Made Jambalaya and thought that I would do it in the slow cooker, left it on "low" while we went shopping, got back and all the liquid had cooked out! (only out for 1 hr) added more stock but the cheap Morrison's long grain rice went into mush! First and last time we buy that...still eatable but will stick to my own recipe and use the deep pan!

I didn't think Rice could be cooked in a slow cooker?
I was meant to have Jambalaya last week but didn't. Although the SW recipe looks very bland!

I've not had any SW recipe disasters as yet but tried to make a mushroom and tomato omelette for the first time today and OH MH GOD it looked liked sick!!! But once it stopped separating all over the pan and stuck together enough for me to get it onto the plate it actually tasted as nice as any Ive ever had - just need to practice on the presentation now because I dont think I could serve that mess to anyone but myself!!!!
xx

Back