Dinner idea

laurawalker85

Hey, I'm planning to have stir fry veg with chicken, any ideas though how to cook so isnt bland or to serve with? Thanks

I normally just add some soya sauce and garlic but you can get little pkts of sauce to add to stir frys, i think i worked out that the morrison's good for you chow mein sauce was about 1pp for half a sachet which was plenty

Yeah I was thinking that, I've got some dried five spice too which I think will be nice? Does anyone know what super noodles would be if I didn't use the sauce?

Not sure about supernoodles - will see if I can work it out for ya...

But for stirfry, I either do soy sauce and garlic as above poster or the blue dragon stir fry sachets are only 2pp for 1/2 a pack xx

Well just finished dinner and I must say it was loooooovely!!! Had chicken and stir fry veg and some blue dragon dried noodles which were 5pp per nest!! Yum!

Lush!!!! Sorry only just managed to look up the supernoodles - 7pm for half a pack! Eek!! When I do a stir fry I have loads of beansprouts instead of noodles as they are free!!! Means I get to have massive dinner for about 6 pp!!!

Most of the Amoy Straight to Wok Noodles are 6 or 7pp a sachet and me and the bloke can usually bulk that out to 2 platefuls with enough veg and chicken or quorn.

For stir fries, I swear by a tbsp of oyster sauce (it's in the ingredients section in tescos with all the spices and tamarind paste and stuff like that) and it's 0pp for a tbsp, really adds a nice taste. That, soy sauce, freshly grated ginger and some chilli flakes... MMMM!!! :D

...and eaten with chopsticks, o'course..!

Ooo I dunno about the chopsticks! Lol, give me a fork and spoon so I can scoff it down! Lol, hmmmm and I wonder why I'm doing weight watchers!!!!!

The chopsticks sound like a great idea, never got the hang of using them so it might be a good way of making me eat alot slower

Back