Dinner ideas

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Gemma1986, 2 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    Can anyone please share with me some evening meal ideas as i never no what to do when on sw!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You just do normal meals, not anything different - so there shouldn't be any reason to struggle for ideas. Curries, chilli, spaghetti, carbonara, lasagne, risotto, pasta bake, fish and chips, steaks, stroganoff and so on.

Check out the recipe sub-forum for an endless supply of inspiration and also the food diary section as that will show you what other folk are having.

Also, have you taken a look at BritMum's blog as she posts all her weekly menus and recipes.

Slimming Eats

4. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Once you get into it you shouldn't be stuck for idea's. My problem is theres so many recipes I want to try I want to do them all now!
    Depending on what sort of days you do, I tend to do a lot of green and some extra easy, curries are one of my faves, I did casserole last night.
    Theres a thread what's everybody eating today and that has some good ideas and of course all the recipe books etc
    Let us know what you decide to do nice!

5. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    i never normally make things from scratch normally buy them already made so thats my problem.

6. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Ok, so what sort of thing would you normally buy?
    Is it because of time or skill limits you don't cook froom scratch lol

7. Mel2

Mel2 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Check out the food diary section - reading what others are eating will give you some inspiration!

8. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    i am not the best of cooks but i do have a go, i do work every day but i could still make things.

9. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi gem, i am totally an unconfident cook but since starting sw i have stopped buying jarred sauces for example i now make my own spag bol from scratch (never tried before this) just a tin of tomatoes and some herbs, and onions and peppers - in fact thats the base of most of my meals lol. it can be quite daunting i know but once you start its rather enjoyable

10. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    There are lots of recipes in SW magazines and books that are not difficult or complicated. You have to read the recipe carefully and do what it says (sorry, don't mean to sound patronising, but I have lost count of the number of times someone has said to me that a recipe didn't work, and then say that they did it all differently, or left out an important ingredient!).

Lots of people on this forum have said that they never cooked much before joining SW, and how much they enjoy it now. There are some great recipes on this website which people have tried and tested - steal some of their ideas.

11. NewSlimmerMe

NewSlimmerMe Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world - Body Optimise
    Some good staples to keep in are the following:

Passata - it's about 40p for a 500g carton and you can make it into curry, spaghetti bolognese, casserole, chilli, etc, etc.
    Herbs - dried, fresh, whatever floats your boat
    Tabasco sauce
    Curry powders - various
    Paprika and chilli powder
    Quark
    Mince - either meat or Quorn (I only use Quorn)
    Chicken or Quorn chicken
    Rice
    Pasta
    Peppers (you can get a mixed bag from ASDA from a good price)
    Red onions
    Frozen vegetables - try adding frozen veg to things you wouldn't usually think to add them to - i now put frozen broccoli in spaghetti bolognese and it's lovely

From those things you can make ooodles of really nice, quick, cheap meals. It's just trial and error really.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.