Dinner ideas?

elliebird

I a running out of meal ideas lunch and dinner I need some inspiration please?? :confused:

What about chicken enchiladas? Fry some onions and garlic in some frylight, add some passata and chipotle paste. Simmer for 10-15 mins until reduced. Cook some peppers and red onion wedges on a griddle pan or under the grill. Fill some tortillas with the peppers, onions and some cooked chicken then add some of the sauce. Do how many you need then roll them up place them in a baking dish. Add some of the sauce over the top and add some weight watchers creme fraich and bake for 15 mins. You could have cajun potato wedges with it. Spray some frylight onto a baking tray and place in the oven while you prepare the wedges. Cut some sweet potatoes or normal potatoes into wedges, cover with frylight and coat them in cajun spice mix. Cook for about 30mins depending on how big the wedges are. The babys crying so I'll try to add some more ideas later.

Blimey this sounds yummy!!

I love risotto - try that with butternut squash and/or sweet potato mixed in.

I peel and de-seed the sqash and slice in to chunks, along with the sweet potatoe, spray with fry light and season with salt and pepper and you can even sprinkle some paprika on. Put them in the oven for approx 30-40mins.

In a pan fry light 1 chopped onion for about 4 or 5 mins (add some water if they start to burn) then add roughly 1 cup of Arborio rice (or follow pack instructions for portion) size and a glass of white wine. Make up 1 pint of vegtable stock and when the rice soaks up the liquid add a bit of stock until it's all gone. If the rice doesn't taste cooked just add a bit of water. It should take roughly 15 - 20mins i think to cook it.

I mix in the butternut squash and potatoe at the end and add a dollop of Philadelphia light.

Tomorrow night I'm having a bbq steak bagette.

I got some sirloion steak tonight and I've cut off all the fat and cut the steak into slices and put it in a bowl with some bbq sauce, salt and pepper, honey and a bit of chilli sauce. It'll taste really nice tomorrow - i'll just fry it off for 4-5mins.

I'll serve it with some salad and some oven chips on the side.

xx

We have wedges too a lot. But i par boil mine and sprinkle BBQ seasoning on mine, tried the Cajun, not too keen. DH loves it though. I par boil to make cooking in the oven quicker. But if i'm having a WW lasagne with it, i do the lasagne in the oven (hate it in the microwave) which takes 40 or so mins, so i out the wedges raw in then.

For lunch, i have 2 faves at the moment. DH doesn't like mushrooms, so i have them as much as possible. lol. One lunch is a tin of potatoes (prefer fresh, but tinned works well here) cut into small chunks which i fry in frylight. Some rashers of bacon with fat removed and then chopped up and fried. Then as many mushrooms as i want sliced and fried. I then put it all back in the frying pan to warm up and just before serving i splash with soy sauce. Yummy. I tend to cook bacon whilst chopping potatoes. Then remove bacon and fry potatoes and chop mushrooms whilst pots are cooking. Then cook mushrooms whilst drying bacon off etc. It saves a bit of time instead of preparing it all at once and then cooking together. Everything takes different times to cook.

The other fave is sliced mushrooms and fried. When they are cooked i add 30-60g of the extra light Philadelphia mixed into the mushrooms. I add a splash of milk to help break down the cream cheese. I then have this on toast. yummy yum!! lol

im going to bump up my recipie thread (yet again lol) need to add more to it i think!

Back