Dinner ideas

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Just thought i start a thread for some dinner ideas.... 600cals can be difficult

I've had

Salads
Spag Bol
Ready meal
Bangers and mash
Pasta
Homemade burgers
Lf curry
Chilli

And then I'm recycling them! What else do you guys have?! Xx

I was eating ready meals every day just for ease but since I got the MFP app I can pretty much work out cals and eat with the family so I have:

Jacket potato, mini crustless quiche and side salad
Chicken Kiev, salad potatoes, salad
Spag Bol
Lasagne and salad
Chicken stirfry

I buy low cal options where i can and I feel like I eat really well and don't miss out that way, makes it easier to stick to x

I do the same if i want something i have it if it is high cal i have it with salad i feel im missing out on dinnertime meals like sausage rolls and sandwiches so i work these out for my tea! Check the stickies it has a meal and a snack thread x

I'm pretty boring when it comes to food to be honest, I'm one of those people that could quite happily eat the same thing day in day out for months.
I'm just getting back onto SF today after having a horrendous binge-fest but what I tend to have is:

Maggi So Juicy Chicken (1 breast done in the sauce is around 305 calories) with a small jacket potato (approx 205) and a massive leafy salad.

Quorn mince with Uncle Bens chilli and a handful of brown rice bulked up with a massive salad or some steamed veg bags from asda.

Even half a Goodfellas pizza with a huge salad or veg

Cheese Omelette with cherry toms, peppers and onion in it with a salad or veg.

Wholewheat Pasta (100g cooked) with dolmio stir in sauce, again with salad :)

Basically try to have something I really fancy but a smaller portion and i hammer the veg/salad with it to even it out.

I even struggle to get things to add up to 600 calories most days.

Sometimes the 'normal' foods are less calories than the low fat ones! I bought some soup from morrisons & the normal ones are less! Not all of them, u have to compare. X

There is Soooooooooooooooo much variety you can have for 600 cals of an evening.
Have been on SF for 4 weeks now and we have had a different evening meal every night of the week. Pretty much all from the BBC Good Food website.
I have been working out the calories myself, as i often omit the oil, and am making it for 3. so have iPad to look up calories ( if not in the packet) and a calculator and pen and paper to work out calories.

I made French bread Pizzas the other night - 1 x Weight Watcher home bake petit pain, baked and cut in half. (111cals each)
I made a tomato sauce with 1/2 onion, 1/2 can tinned chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, garlilc and herbs. cook until a thick sauce. (20 cals each)
Place on each half of roll.
Hubby had 3 slices of prosciutto (90 cals) i had 30g of Gorgonzola cheese (95cals) and then 1/3 of a ball of Low fat mozzarella (80 cals each)
i made Slimming worlds syn free chips 150g potato each (115 cals each) and some salad (30 cals ish - being generous!)
Total 450 ish. so still had 150 for pudding :)

I'm gonna start to photo all my meals and make a dinner/recipe thread. I did one over on SW, but weirdly a lot of my old Slimming world free meals are really high in calories, and things that were a complete no no on SW come up with in the 600 cals on SF.
I even made home made pizza dough in my bread maker last night! after i wiped the layer of dust off it...................... its been unused for 3 years!!

Pics and recipes YES please!! I know slimming world works but no idea how when you look at the calories! I love calories counting theres so much you can have and i dint think weighing a few things out when needed takes long at all.
It makes you think what it worth the calories when it comes to naughty stuff!

I know, its amazing how slimming world works! i looked at the calories on some of the things i ate as FREE on SW and it was like 800 cals :eek:
new thread started with last nights meal as thats the only pic i have so far

Back