Dinner party - harder that I thought

deedee1

I had 8 people round for dinner today, the full works (roast beef and chicken with veg and cravy). Lots and lots of cakes, biscuits and alcohol.

It was good to cook for everyone and see how happy they all were tucking in. Didnt have a problem watching them eat until I got half way down my bowl of soup and it made me feel sick. For some reason I just can't stomach the soups any more and it doesn't matter which flavour im eating.

The OH has been sent to put the left overs in the bin before I get my grubby hands on anything. :feedtroll:

Don't know what im going to do about the soup issue as I really can't face them anymore.:yuk:

cravy? freudian slip if ever I read one... Not 'arf. :(

I'm sorry to read all of that. (I only got 3/4 of the way down my soup at lunchtime, as it happens.) I can understand suddenly going off the food substitute when you have had to deal with and smell real food for most of the day. It utterly pales into comparison, and it's no wonder your constitution doesn't actually want it...

for the soup conundrum, the only think I can suggest is to pop over to the lighterlife recipes thread:-

Linky

Just so you can do something different in the interim, and then maybe order a shakes only pack next time?

Thank you so much Miss D. I will defo give the poppadoms they sound alright. Will update this thread and let you all know how i get on with these.

Poppadoms

Mix a soup pack into a smooth paste, spread on a plate or greaseproof paper and microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 mins.when it starts to bubble open up and let it settle for a sec. keep opening and letting it settle until (the poppadom) starts to turn golden (don't take your eyes off it) - when it is golden brown take it out and let it cool, then peel it off and enjoy

I make the 'crisps' quite regularly. I've got that one quite sussed.

Use baking paper/parchment though, rather than greaseproof. Greaseproof isn't non-stick. Otherwise you end up with a gluey mess that you can't get off the backing. :(

The author had got their culinary stationery in a muddle.

Back