Dinner party HELP

Maddysmum

Gold Member
Got dinner party for 6 (plus 3 kids but they can have pizza in other room lol) sat night and i haven't got a clue what to make
don't want to use more than 10 syns (for me) or them realise its a SW meal.

All i've got so far is.....

Starter - homemade pea & mint soup with bread rolls (HEX B for me)

Main - ???

Pudding - ??? poss meringue nests (3 syns) or brandy snap baskets (5 syns) with fruit and cream for them & muller light for me

Need ideas for main meal (something can make slightly in advance & doesn't cost the earth)

Why don't you do a theme like Indian, or Curry? There is a really good thread on here called Curry Feast (or similar) and has lots of ideas for starters and mains that are all free - I've tried a lot and they really are nice, even my OH thinks so and he's not following SW.

For desert you could make a SW friendly cheesecake - Stick an alpen light in the microwave and make it nice and soft/sticky for a base, then pop it in the fridge to harden. Then take a tub of quark (prob 2 for 6 of you actually), add 2 White Choc options to it, lots of sweetner and whizz it up. Pop some strawberries on top and voila.. A SW White Choc Cheesecake all for 4 syns (for the whole lot)!

What about chicken breast stuffed with FF cottage cheese, wrapped in bacon? So yummy and Syn free if you trim the fat from the bacon :drool:

I usually serve it with chunky SW chips/wedges and loads of veg. It's really handy as it can be prepared in advance, and just kept in the fridge until your guests arrive. Doesn't take too long to cook at all.

If you don't like cottage cheese, you could always stuff it with grated cheese, weighing it and counting it as your HExA :) xx

Just found out, he can't eat anything spicy so that rules out curry (we normally eat everything spicy lol)
Like stuffed chicken idea but would need 7 or 8 chicken breast (1 is not enough for my oh) which is expensive on top of everything else
thanks for replying tho x

I just found a Moroccan chickpea and veg stew with citrus and mint couscous which sounds nice.

Or spaghetti Bol? Or how about chicken/prawn kebabs with salad and savoury rice. Or fajitas? Can make an omelette wrap for yourself if you want a syn free wrap. Beef bourginion (spelling!) which you can use cheaper cut of beef and bulk with veg and leave in the oven while you glamourise yourself.

So many options really :) hope to have helped! X

I love the chicken breast wrapped in bacon - I do them quite a lot. But if you fancy something fairly easy (and not noticable that it SW), how about a good old fashioned roast dinner?
I'm cooking roast chicken at the moment, because I do mostly red days and I use my HEXBs on cereal bars, I just leave the roast spuds my plate - you wouldn't need to if you were having an EE day x

what about a chicken bacon and mushroom risotto ... i think this is such a filling dish and doesnt taste like diet food at all!
you could have a couple of dishes with nice veg and even some crusty bread ( sure you could have a slice and syn!)

Chicken and chorizo paella...... no seafood involved I have adapted a recipe I was given along time ago by a Spanish friend as none of the family like seafood, can be done on the hob or in a slow cooker ;)

Chicken and chorizo paella...... no seafood involved I have adapted a recipe I was given along time ago by a Spanish friend as none of the family like seafood, can be done on the hob or in a slow cooker ;)

oo can i have the recipe to.. im not a lover of seafood either but this sounds right up my street!!

what about a chicken bacon and mushroom risotto ... i think this is such a filling dish and doesnt taste like diet food at all!
you could have a couple of dishes with nice veg and even some crusty bread ( sure you could have a slice and syn!)

Ohhhh..... that sounds nice - mind me asking how you do your risotto? I've always wanted to try one x x

Oooh lots of great ideas. thanks for you help.
Realised i've got a large lean pork shoulder in the freezer, going to do that with boiled potatoes (so i'm not tempted to eat all the roasties lol) with green beans (with hunny & wholegrain mustard) swede & carrot and lots of other veg x
But going to try the stuffed chicken and sweet & sour chicken next week when just the 3 of us x
Thanks again

Oh this sounds lovely, would you mind sharing the recipe? :drool:

Have always wanted to try paella, but I really don't like seafood. It sounds like this would be ideal xx

Oooh lots of great ideas. thanks for you help.
Realised i've got a large lean pork shoulder in the freezer, going to do that with boiled potatoes (so i'm not tempted to eat all the roasties lol) with green beans (with hunny & wholegrain mustard) swede & carrot and lots of other veg x
But going to try the stuffed chicken and sweet & sour chicken next week when just the 3 of us x
Thanks again

Ohh, that sounds lovely! :drool: Room for one more? Hehe.

Enjoy hun xx

oo can i have the recipe to.. im not a lover of seafood either but this sounds right up my street!!

Sorry in the late reply....really knackered tonight and have a busy day tomorrow SW friendly dinner party and house to clean ( can I call it SW Friendly if I end up drinking a few vineyards :rolleyes: :8855: ) ....will sit and type it up for you on 'Hangover Sunday' ;)

Back