Dinner Party Ideas

Cazzabelle

Morning

i have 2 friends who I have not seen in ages over for dinner this weekend and want to do a proper dinner party. But I need starter and mains inspiration that are easy to do so I won't neglect my guests. Any ideas folks?

Thanks in advance.

I'm assume you want to do it the slimming world way!

What about pate for starters. Some ideas here! http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/73602-does-anyone-have-chicken-liver-pate-recipe.html Can do it in advance and chill then youjust need to make some toast or whatever to serve it with.

For mains you could do steak and baked potatoes, with a nice salad. Or salmon - I do it in soy sauce with chillis and spring onion sprinkled on top and bake in the oven for 15ish minutes, you could serve with boiled potatoes and green beans. Really quick and easy and prep can be done in advance.

I tried this lemon mousse, it was delicious.
In a heatproof bowl, Whisk together 2 eggs and the zest and juice of 1 lemon, then add 3 heaped dessert spoons of Splenda (or granulated sweetener of your choice). Put the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until thickened. Remove fom heat and add a whole tub of quark. Stir and chill. Lovely lemon mousse and syn free. You could sprinkle meringue into it if you wanted.

Back