Dinner portion sizes

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Looking at the pics of some of your dinners the portions are small.

Is it me just been a greedy fat bear that has huge portions or have you cut down on what you used to eat???

It's not just you hun, I look and think I'd eat twice as much as some people eat! Especially with veg and salad, I eat it by the bucket load.
I have cut down a bit on pasta/rice/pots but only because I want to drop a few pounds below my target.
However, I'll join you in being a big bear when it comes to meals :)

I always have a full plate - check my food diary for photos!
Perhaps we are greedy bears lol xxx

Thanks goodness it's not just me. :D

I still have big portion sizes. Don't think i've cut down since starting the diet, and still have a massive appetite!! x

Maybe i'm just a greedy cow?! lol.

Well looking at Jaylou's results (and that flashy blue sticky) big portions haven't done her any harm at all!!!XXX

Very true Heather!!!

Big portions rule - I've always always said that it's not the free food which makes you gain weight, no matter how much you eat - it's the other things!

Exactly JL!!! Surely the whole concept of SW and food optimising is that you make sure you're full and satisfied by all the free/superfree foods so that you don't NEED the naughtier things, you just have small amounts of them so you don't feel deprived!! I wonder if some people who constantly hanker for the naughties are feeling this way because they're simply not eating enough free stuff!!X

Another vote for big portions here too :D

In all honesty, the weeks I have eaten lots (on plan), with loads of snacks, I have had some of my best weightlosses. The key is to have lots and lots of superfree food, and then lots of free food!

The other thing to consider is if i put my portions on a huge dinner plate they look small, put them on a smaller one and they look big !! Most people eat the same weight in food on a daily basis so although the portions look small we have only seen a snapshot of their day x

I eat tons but cutting down on portion sizes an weighing things like carbs has helped a great deal. Also being careful with products like pasta and sauce and alternatively making my on pasta and sauce with veggies :)

Back