Dinner/tea!! Whats ppl having?

anj_i_am said:
I had a ww shepherds pie, plus two yorkshires and some sprouts. Im saving my points for wine. ;)

I like your thinking :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Went to the chipper tonight for a takeaway, and I had a grilled swordfish steak and salad with 1 tsp of olive oil on and a wall's cornetto strawberry flavour family size. I only went 1pp over my daily allowance because of the oil... not too bad after all for a chippy takeaway!

Baby-belle said:
That's not a chippy tea ha ha where's the battered fish and chips far to good!

Haha! That's what I was thinking! :p

That's not a chippy tea ha ha where's the battered fish and chips far to good!

I'm really lucky with my local chippy... he gives you the choice of having the fish grilled or fried (of course my choice is grilled!) there's a lot of different fishes to pick up from and he also does a side salad instead than chips. My DH has the normal fish and chips with curry sauce and a buttered bread roll, but I only get grilled swordfish or grilled salmon with a side salad and manage to stay within my points :)

The chipper also uses Carofry 50 as frying oil rather than normal oil. This oil is cholesterol free and gluten free and lab tests show that retains more vitamins in food than normal frying oils. Of course the calories are always the same, but hopefully it's a healthier option than normal oil for DH!

kagome75 said:
I'm really lucky with my local chippy... he gives you the choice of having the fish grilled or fried (of course my choice is grilled!) there's a lot of different fishes to pick up from and he also does a side salad instead than chips. My DH has the normal fish and chips with curry sauce and a buttered bread roll, but I only get grilled swordfish or grilled salmon with a side salad and manage to stay within my points :)

The chipper also uses Carofry 50 as frying oil rather than normal oil. This oil is cholesterol free and gluten free and lab tests show that retains more vitamins in food than normal frying oils. Of course the calories are always the same, but hopefully it's a healthier option than normal oil for DH!

Wow like the sound of your chippy!! What area is that I may move! Lol!

I know they should all be like that, there are not enough healthy takeaways, I struggle even if I'm going out for lunch as even a jacket potato can add up to loads it is hard. I love sushi and luckily I have two restaurants on my dorrstep that's the healthiest around here

I'm having cottage pie which is all free as I'm doing simply filling :) going to have it with carrots, peas and 2 yorkshire puts for 3PP. Been looking forward to it all day!

home made beef curry with rice (only 6pp!) and a Sainsbury's BGTY chocolate pudding *yummy*.

I made a variation on fajitas/enchiladas. I sliced a medium chicken breast into thin strips and stir fried it with sliced onions, peppers and mushrooms in frylight and a Mexican style spice blend I made last week (can't remember exactly what was in it!) I then added a tin of chopped tomatoes, cooked it down to reduce the juices into a thick sauce and piled it into a rolled Warby's square wrap. This was then baked for 10 mins in the oven with a grated Babybel light on top and served with a big 0pp salad. 9pp in total, very tasty and SO filling!

jayneharrison said:
I made a variation on fajitas/enchiladas. I sliced a medium chicken breast into thin strips and stir fried it with sliced onions, peppers and mushrooms in frylight and a Mexican style spice blend I made last week (can't remember exactly what was in it!) I then added a tin of chopped tomatoes, cooked it down to reduce the juices into a thick sauce and piled it into a rolled Warby's square wrap. This was then baked for 10 mins in the oven with a grated Babybel light on top and served with a big 0pp salad. 9pp in total, very tasty and SO filling!

That sounds delicious. What kind of things were in the spice mix? x

Tonight I'm having cottage pie :) on simply filling so is all free; extra lean steak mince, mushroom, onion, 1 oxo beef cube, 5ml Worcester sauce, dash passata...with 1 mashed potato and rest turnip mixed top :)

jayneharrison said:
Like I said, I don't remember exactly what (or in what quantities!) but I'm pretty sure it included dried chillies, smoked paprika, ground cumin, a pinch of salt and some garlic powder.

Sorry my mistake for not reading properly.

Sorry my mistake for not reading properly.

Ha! Not a problem at all. I'm just back from Tesco (I know, at this time!) and noticed that they had a ready-made Mexican spice mix with the other herbs and spices. Was 89p for a spice jar-sized pot and the only different ingredient I noted from what I used was onion powder and dried tomato. I just pounded a few things together in the pestle and mortar until it smelled good, then bunged it in a little glass jar - not difficult at all :)

Back