Disapointed

Miss Phoenix

Hi everyone,
just got back from my first weigh in, I have 3 stone to loose. Well I have stuck with sole source religiously, had my three packs a day and plenty of water. My CDC weighed me and on my first week I have only lost 4 pounds :(
I am on my period so I guess that may be the reason but I was so excited when I read everyones tales of 'first week' weight loss, i was just hoping for the same.
Oh well I wont give up.. lets hope some more comes off next week. Good luck to you all xx Miss P

congrats on your 4 pounds and remember: It's still 4 pounds and you're right, you're probably retaining water. Don't give up and stick to it and I'm sure your second week will be an even better loss :)

Thanks for replying, I do hope the period is the cause of the slow weight loss. After a couple of years of loosing the same few pounds and gaining it again I just could have done with an encouraging first week loss. Hopefully next week :)

Well done on a very good loss, considering that its TOTM. Don't be disappointed and good luck for next week x

Hey , I like that I won't give up , good for you , stay at it !
Yes totm puts up to 7 pounds on me , so keep 100% lets see what next week brings

Hi Miss Phoenix! Well done on 4lbs, that now means you have less than 3 stone to lose by May :)

How much water are you drinking each day? I had great losses my first 2 weeks and could see my body changing when I was drinking 2.5 litres a day! Then I thought I would increase my water (read about the more you drink the more you drink, silly me!) so I was having 4 litres plus all last week! I felt sluggish and heavy! And my stomach bloated out as if I was due on!

Had a chat with my CDC and she said that it is very likely that too much water doesnt suit me and causes water retention, so I am sticking to 2.5 litres from now on!

Also, did you know that 1 pint of water weighs over 1lb in weight! So dont go mad drinking water before your weigh ins!!

Keep at it, youve done amazing doing 100%! Im still doing 100% and I am on week 4! Gives me such a sense of pride!! :)

Good luck xx

Congratulations on the 4lbs!

When i first started, my CDC made sure i had no major expectations of weight loss by going through some of the simple maths relating to how much it is scientifically possible for your body to loose in a week.
I can't remember exactly how he worked it out but basically, even on sole source, the most weight it is possible to loose in a week is 3-4lbs. Anything lost above that number is likely to be water. Obviously this can vary a little depending on how active you are and if you have a very large amount to loose but generally that is the case, so you have nothing to be disappointed about!

Get your CDC to give you a 4lb weight or grab a few bags of sugar and get a real feel for how much it really is. Hope that gives you a boost and you aren't discouraged after the first week, you're 4lbs closer to your target weight! :)

Thanks everyone, its was def the period that made me retain water, 3Lbs have dropped off. I was just panicing that it wouldnt work. Phew

Cheers for all your advice xx Miss P

Back