Disapointed

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Miss Phoenix, 4 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Miss Phoenix

Miss Phoenix Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi everyone,
    just got back from my first weigh in, I have 3 stone to loose. Well I have stuck with sole source religiously, had my three packs a day and plenty of water. My CDC weighed me and on my first week I have only lost 4 pounds :(
    I am on my period so I guess that may be the reason but I was so excited when I read everyones tales of 'first week' weight loss, i was just hoping for the same.
    Oh well I wont give up.. lets hope some more comes off next week. Good luck to you all xx Miss P

Blingbabe likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cartwoman

Cartwoman Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    congrats on your 4 pounds and remember: It's still 4 pounds and you're right, you're probably retaining water. Don't give up and stick to it and I'm sure your second week will be an even better loss :)

4. Miss Phoenix

Miss Phoenix Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks for replying, I do hope the period is the cause of the slow weight loss. After a couple of years of loosing the same few pounds and gaining it again I just could have done with an encouraging first week loss. Hopefully next week :)

5. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Well done on a very good loss, considering that its TOTM. Don't be disappointed and good luck for next week x

6. s_786

s_786 Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.25%)
    Diet:
    CD
    our body holds water and I know for a fact that I weigh 2-3 lbs more just before my ps so its def due to the TOTM, 100%...your actual weight loss is along the lines of 7 to 8lbs....

7. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Hey , I like that I won't give up , good for you , stay at it !
    Yes totm puts up to 7 pounds on me , so keep 100% lets see what next week brings

8. kyliet

kyliet Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(21.71%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Miss Phoenix! Well done on 4lbs, that now means you have less than 3 stone to lose by May :)

How much water are you drinking each day? I had great losses my first 2 weeks and could see my body changing when I was drinking 2.5 litres a day! Then I thought I would increase my water (read about the more you drink the more you drink, silly me!) so I was having 4 litres plus all last week! I felt sluggish and heavy! And my stomach bloated out as if I was due on!

Had a chat with my CDC and she said that it is very likely that too much water doesnt suit me and causes water retention, so I am sticking to 2.5 litres from now on!

Also, did you know that 1 pint of water weighs over 1lb in weight! So dont go mad drinking water before your weigh ins!!

Keep at it, youve done amazing doing 100%! Im still doing 100% and I am on week 4! Gives me such a sense of pride!! :)

Good luck xx

9. emmadilemma

emmadilemma Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    hi miss phoenix, I totally understand where you're coming from, i's difficult esp the 1st wk. no doubt ur TOTM is the cause of this, this is the wk you need to be strong tho and stick with it - you will def reap the rewards next week xxxx

10. zoeee

zoeee Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.49%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source+
    Congratulations on the 4lbs!

When i first started, my CDC made sure i had no major expectations of weight loss by going through some of the simple maths relating to how much it is scientifically possible for your body to loose in a week.
    I can't remember exactly how he worked it out but basically, even on sole source, the most weight it is possible to loose in a week is 3-4lbs. Anything lost above that number is likely to be water. Obviously this can vary a little depending on how active you are and if you have a very large amount to loose but generally that is the case, so you have nothing to be disappointed about!

Get your CDC to give you a 4lb weight or grab a few bags of sugar and get a real feel for how much it really is. Hope that gives you a boost and you aren't discouraged after the first week, you're 4lbs closer to your target weight! :)

11. Miss Phoenix

Miss Phoenix Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks everyone, its was def the period that made me retain water, 3Lbs have dropped off. I was just panicing that it wouldnt work. Phew

Cheers for all your advice xx Miss P

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.